mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Great, now I'm looking at more wheels! :lol:

If I can find some I like then I'd definitely be tempted to go for a 15/16" wheel.... Google images is likely to be my friend for a few hours later.

The pic gives you an idea how much room there is behind THs

010_zpsbc6b0111.jpg

Shout up if you want some measurements

I thought your's were 17's Mic there is load's of room at the back of TH's mate they are a motorsport wheel so have to clear big brake's. By the way you can't get them new from Comp anymore they only done them in limited run's then sold them on Ebay auction's (Where I got mine) plus they went tits up supposedly back but these are hard to get now Mine are staying put I love them too much.

Do you have a build thread Dox, I'm intrigued as to what you are capable of building!

I've not seen alot built by him but have seen his skill regarding working on/breaking and general good knowledge regarding vw's/corrado's certainly someone I would not hesitate in asking for advice.

Great, now I'm looking at more wheels! :lol:

If I can find some I like then I'd definitely be tempted to go for a 15/16" wheel.... Google images is likely to be my friend for a few hours later.

You have PM :)

Do you have a build thread Dox, I'm intrigued as to what you are capable of building!

I don't have one, tbh I've collected loads of bits ready but the cars are basically as I bought them so nothing to see really, its taken me 2 1/2 years to get my DBP (totally original) car back on the road for financial and time reasons (I've spent 12 years restoring a house from dirt floor, bare brick upwards and there's still jobs to do and money to spend on it), once you sorn them its too easy to put off recommissioning them, I'm just happy to have it in use at the moment.

Ah that's a shame! There are only so many hours in the day! To spend more of them sat on here would be a waste :)

For years I slogged 12 - 14 hours per day 7 days a week, I've earned the right to kick back and do as I please

Finally managed to fit the brand new fuel pump that I've had sitting in the shed for about 3 months, What a difference in noise! This is virtually silent unless we've got your head in the boot or under the fuel tank. Mine was definitely on its last legs but it didn't do bad for almost 20 years.

The retaining ring was an absolute PITA! And after some swearing and shouting at it a few weeks ago I decided to order a removal tool to do the job. Unfortunately that wasn't very well made (£12on eBay so not sure what I was expecting) but with a bit of modification I finally managed to get the ring off without damaging it, the car, or my sanity further. After that, perfectly straight forward job.

New (L) vs Old ®

e9c2472793a1769e7c20408690330d98.jpg

Unfortunately I did all this after spending the majority of the day working on my mates Bora, and generally getting beaten up by it in the process.... so I was pretty tired when I put my hand in the tank to remove the old pump and forgot the I was covered in cuts from earlier in the day and OMG petrol hurts on broken skin! I think it would've been less painful to have rubbed vinegar and salt into the wounds :lol:

Anyway, happy with the end result. The gauge is slightly out but I will just bend the arm a little to get it reading correctly.

Next job - Sean is going to help me with my adaption values, and then I'll decide what I'm going to do with these wheels.

Well done! Those ring nuts can be a royal pain in the hoop! Now you've got it off, you can get at it easily now for when you go turbo and want a bigger fuel pump!

Well back on the Rotas.... For now at least.

6E08B764-BD93-4A04-90F9-711F81ABA48F.jpg

F95599F1-9AA3-4A5A-B714-A8A8FB1C141F.jpg

Now I need to decide whether to stick with these or look at other options.

Just can't argue with those wheels - they're fricking awesome. And they have the added bonus that hardly anyone else is running them :)

Cheers guys, they are awesome. Having spent the day driving on them again I think I've made the right decision.

They don't rub, they turn quicker due to being lighter and thinner than the CH's, and they look mean as! :cool: