Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Cheers mate, will be on the lookout for some bits, have already messaged chris haha! Only one thing has come to mind. The middle bolt that goes through the chassis, does that fasten upto the chassis or just to the upper subframe cause I might have another issue!

From memory mate think its just in the rad cradle only. Nice to see some pics of the progress too :)

Has el recovered from her lobster treatment at weekend

Do yourself a favour and get some freezer bags to put bolts and such in. Helped me no end! :)

Or dog poo bags, you can knot the handles to the part in question via the bolt holes, probably best to use new ones though :)

Ya she has just about got over it! Still very red tho! Haha I think it is just onto the upper subframe like! I'm thinking of buying new arms etc but was wanting to get stuff powdercoated. Should I find some decent second hand arms etc and just have the bushes replaced or buy new (considering how much they cost me) and have em done, only thing is wont powder coating melt the bushes if I leave em in so that means taking em out to put em back in again!

---------- Post added at 6:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:15 PM ----------

P.s I bought some tubs like Chinese takeaways come in from the ££ shop so I'm labelling stuff as I put It in them!

Yep the middle bolts are just to locate the lower section to the upper one via a captive nut but these often rust away so be careful and make sure the engine is supported under the sump or it'll all fall on the floor and maybe damage the mounts in the process

Lol yea I just read how to remove the bumper online and it said take out the two big bolts like on the mk2. So I need a new upper subframe lol is it the same as the mk2 one?

Well off to see chris this weekend and make some purchases from him in the form of a boot lid and a subframe hopefully!

Got myself a new ( to me anyway) toolbox from Wakefield which is a halfords base and a pickavant top box so I can start getting some tools for the garage!

I think I know where that subframe came from :lol:

Have a nice trip over mate, im sure he will give you the tour; its an ace place!!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

also, sorry mate im not sure if mk2 parts are same.....

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

i took my bumper off with those 4 bolts too..... im confused now.

righty ho..... nice weekend for a tinker ;)

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Ah moz not quite the one you are thinking of ;)

Oh really? I may wish to purchse it back if OK with you squire? My German mechanic friend pointed something out about the one on there ATM

Work Saturday morning till 12:30 then home and a BBQ at 5. Car boot Sunday morning then off to drop off these wheels and see chris Sunday aft! Busy weekend lol

Shafted would describe the words to describe how I felt when I got home last night, up at 6.00 for the car boot then at 1 we set off. Had to goto metro centre then to Tony's to drop off the wheels. Then to see chris who lives 20 miles north of tony! Doh! With a bit of pushing and squeezing we got the boot lid in the car and the subframe just slotted in the boot! Had a natter as yo do and set off back. Stopped off for some bait and headed off. The car is in brid so the quickest route was down the a1 to Leeds then across to brid. After unloading and getting home it was 11pm s straight to bed for me getting up an hour ago to set off for work!

Very productive got my boot lid and subframe and have my eyes on some other bits that chris has aswell!

Nice to see you are getting stuck in mate! who's this magical chris everyone is talking about, I want corrado goodies hehe!

You going to play engine upgrade whilst you are at it? I reckon you should go OBD2 at the least!

And rust!

---------- Post added at 7:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:28 PM ----------

Will it have a toys r us stylee backwards R fuzzy?