coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

Well as you can see from my sig Ive had every Corrado going apart from a VR....until now. Picked it up last week from Norwich and drove the 500 odd miles back to Aberdeen without a hitch.

Its had a fair amount of work done on the engine with regard to chains, clucth etc. Ported and polished head with 6 branch, decat, Magnex and K&N which Im replacing with a standard-ish airbox. Currently running a Superchip but it not right for this set up so it needs remapped properly. Just managed to pick up some 268 Dougherty cams from a couple hundres beer token so I'll get them fitted before the remap. Just need a tidy up to make it mint.

Its got a few other things like Koni coilovers, glass sunroof, black heated electric recaros.

Plans are to replace some tired trim bits, upgrade the brakes, change wheels (new ones are coming), get some decent ARB's and get it running spot on. Its so good to have a VR again especially now its in a Corrado.

Oh and ive added some pics of my addiction.

Looks great 8) lovin' the green. What wheels are they? BK299's?

I believe they are Stilauto wheels which are decent quality. I will be selling them in the next week or so as I should be picking up the new wheels today.

Well got some new wheels. There 8in wide LM reps and to be slightly different I painted the centres dark grey. I had to fit 5mm spacers at the front however they are rubbing slightly so I think I will just sell them on. Strangly it on seems to be the drivers side thats rubbing on corners. Was going to raise the car but the adjusters are seized I think plus Ive got a set of TT Comps that I might put on instead.

would love to see what they look like with gold centers

like on a porsche 911 gt2

but black looks good i must say very mean looking

kel

Centres are actually dark grey, I was thinking about gold as I was trying to achieve the same sort of look as the BBS racing wheels with the matt finish to the centre. Gold is a bit bling though. TT looks good and suits the shape but there is already 2 going about up here plus I had someone wanting to buy so i let the go. Need the money after a bike crash on Sunday.

Doesnt matter anyway as Ive taken them off and replaced them with these as I was really going for an OE look. Got them fully refurbed with very good tyres for a decent price. The car feels a bit better but doesnt look near as good. LM reps are now for sale.

Well I got some Speedlines and gave thema quick refurb. Been struggling to sell the LM reps so I thought putting them back to silver would help. Decided to try them on once painted and adjust the camber slightly, Im now keeping them as it looks to good. :grin:

Theres a local guy to buy the RX-II's s that all good. Will keep the Speedlines for winter.

Decided to take some pics. Cars running better but toe is needing set up. Only changes from now on will be under the hood.

seriously nice :D

some of them pics should go in for the calander vote, especially the side on view, ill be having that as my new desktop for a while

seriously nice :D

some of them pics should go in for the calander vote, especially the side on view, ill be having that as my new desktop for a while

Yep that side view is a fantastic shot.

Never really liked green c's (even if i did own one :cuckoo: ) but yours looks ace...

Well things have changed slightly, had a set of 268's, Eibach ARB's etc to fit but bottom end started going so I had to sell all that and also wripped out the leather interior to get some money to fix the engine.

Was planning on going stripped out anyway. Back on Speedlines now and TBH I quite like it like that. The cars away getting fixed but I had a bit of a funny moment on the way down with the mpg...didnt think VR's were that good.

Will update hopefully soon with some decent under bonnet action.

They were sold ages ago, looked at some TH Mono's but there going to be £600+ for wheels alone. Keeping the Speedlines and spacing them out a bit as the front wings need painting as well.

Well obviously everyone is out enjoying the great day.

Wee update on the car. Picked up some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's for a steal however they were gloss black so I painted them Satin black. I think they look not too bad.

Took a little trip yesterday (well 800miles rounds trip :cuckoo: ) to a well known tuner down south where my car has been for the past 4 weeks.

Pretty boring drive but something followed me up the road

P1010614.jpg

Fitted the wheels this morning and went for a drive to get some pics.

P1010629.jpg

P1010634.jpg

P1010633.jpg

Wanted to back to 17's as I need some extra sump clearance plus I'll need some bigger brakes because of this :D

P1010632.jpg

It was well worth the money, so much better than the 12v.

Lookin good Greame, how long are these rims gonna stay on, that must be 5 or 6 sets so far :lol:

car is looking great - good for you.

have to confess my favourtie rims were the LM reps, but it still looks good on those - very similar to chazrad's on here. he has the TD 1's not 1.2's

loving the 24v lump as well (2.8 one i take it by the cover...)

who did the conversion for you (stealth?) and how long did it take them.

don't need to know a price unless you feel like sharing, but was it expensive?

bet you are loving the extra grunt now :D

Nice one mate, loving the engine conversion. Looks like a PSI Tuning sticker on the front slam panel, so would hazard a guess that they did the engine conversion (same guys that did stan24v's conversion).

I can see a little PSI badge on the slam panel there so guessing it was them :) Nice job - curious to know of the sorts of costs involved too tbh, provided you don't mind sharing that sort of info!