coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

Few more photos but Im getting rid of the BBS. Going to run the Speedlines for now and after reading some of th threads on here I though i would join in and have been amassing some new parts.

Got a full 288mm front brakes set up along with brand new rear disks, pads and bearings to fit. The current suspension is annoying me so Ive bought some Koni t/a and will be getting some H&R springs soon. Will fit new tops mounts all round when doing this. im assuming i fit the early VR top plates with the springs so i can use the two piece top front mounts. Ive also got an R32 sump, pump etc on the way as well

The car then should be mechanically spot on with new engine, clutch, suspension and full brake system. Shoudlnt need anything for a while.

I am toying with the idea of fitting some 16in 4motion wheels to keep the 4motion OE+ theme.

I ran the Speedlines for a week and much preferred the drive with them on, the car just feels so mucn better. The change of suspension will probably help but they are also a bit bling for me.

Caliper clearance seem pretty good.

I ran the Speedlines for a week and much preferred the drive with them on, the car just feels so mucn better. The change of suspension will probably help but they are also a bit bling for me.

Caliper clearance seem pretty good.

Forgive me for looking like a boob but does that mean you have two rados coullstar? I ask coz the bottom's grey. Is that a daily and your 24 VR the other?

No just the one. The other photo is to show what the 4mo alloys are like with the correct tyres. Looks better than i thought and very subtle.

Well i couldnt sell the BBS and didnt want them to sit doing nothing so Ive painted them satin black so they dont need cleaning as much over winter.

Little update, fitted some Koni T/A's with H&R springs on with all new mounts etc. Car feels much better and sits ok giving the sump some decent clearance. Wishbones are pretty much level.

Refitted the standard wheels for just now and overall the car feels much much better than before. Just need to get it set up properly now.

Still toying with the idea of some 16in wheels though. I have noticed a slight single clunk noise from driveshaft/gearbox when reversing with lock on plus a rumbling when turning left but the wheels dont seem to have any play in the bearings. Any ideas?

Used the car over the whole of Chrimbo etc with no issue at all. All I need now is to fit the 288mm brakes and new rears.

Heres a quick pick to show new height level and as you can see the roads were a tad dirty.

Its nIce an dso sleeper with the speedies.

Did you remove the cover?

the cops would have a fit if they saw that underthere with the cover on.

Smirking about your wheels Graham,are you ever satisfied :notworthy:

Looking god mate. 16's are the way forward on a C ;)

You still enjoying the 24v??? :cheers:

Hell yeah. Race bike needs an engine rebuild plus Id like some cans for the Superduke so I think the money for new wheels will be going elsewhere for just now.

loving the sleeper look of your motor there buddy - great stuff :D

you seriously need to get some bigger brakes with the 24v engine though! :?

that rumbling sounds like either a wheel bearing or a CV joint (more likely the outer one if it's more obvious when turning) - have a look through your receipts to see when they were last done. short of that (unless you've already done it...) jack the car up and rotate/rock the wheel while it's in the air - that should hopefully make things more apparent...

loving the "winter look!" by the way :lol: - mine gets the same as i do long journies, so i sympathise with you there

Right Ive decided that i cannot find any decent exhausts for the Superduke that arent silly money or look ok plus Ive decided to try and rebuild my race bike engine myself so Ive been on the look out at some 16in wheels with tyres.

Found these two for sale. Refurbed Polo Gti wheels in gloss black or Seat Leon Cupra alloys. Polo's are ok but Im not sure the design suits the Corrado shape. Bonus is OE wheel so decent build quality and there wearing Goodyear F1's. Seats look a lot better without the centre caps, just not sure on width or offset yet plus the tyre are not well known brand.

What do you think?

honestly mate neither, i much prefer your first 3 choices, have you seen the 16" RC's for sale on here.

Yeah but Id need tyres as well and if one gets damaged it would be a nightmare to get another. Thats why im sticking to something relatively common.

Ive got a budget and im sticking to it you see.

I don't think either look too hot if I'm honest, there muct be something better? Those Subaru 6 spoke wheels look the business on green corrado's and are common (on Subarus anyway!) they look quite OE too.

What about these? Got a set fitted to my Mk4 so i could put the originals back on and fit new tyres to these then throw them on the Corrado? Never seen these on a Corrado before but again there only 6.5in wide. Ideally looking for 7.5x16.

Thanks, Im still wanting to fit an OE airbox but the standard 4mo wont fit at the moment. Possibly a Corrado VR as I think that is thinner and would fit the gap. Would keep it more OE looking plus keep the noise down a little.

Im pretty much going to get new wheels for the Mk4 so I will have the Audi ones above to fit to the Corrado.

Could someone maybe do a quick photoshop to see what they are like with the smaller tyres?

i think the standard speedline wheels are nice 8)

-they look quality

-suit the corrado

-don't weigh very much

-easy to clean