coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

i think the standard speedline wheels are nice 8)

-they look quality

-suit the corrado

-don't weigh very much

-easy to clean

If only they were 16's :wink:

No real update apart from tried an OE airbox from a 1.8T and Corrado VR and its a no go. Managed to pick up a BMC DIA and it just fits into the space plus it appears to be half way between a open cone and closed airbox in terms of noise. New rear brakes going on this weekend.

Been looking at loads of different wheels and seeing as two tyres are almost shot its a good excuse to try some other wheels.

Found a photo of some 1.8T wheels and it looks not bad. Also been back looking at 17's again. I prefer easily available ones that use OE bolts so thought about the TT 6 spoke as there pretty common.

Maybe some black ones again with light tinted rears and the set up below up front. Then again I'll have changed my mind before the end of the day :lol: . Quite like the Santa Monica's as well.

Glad you've got your airbox worries sorted mate, now the terrible task of selecting wheels! :lol:

What are the ones in the third pic?

If I were you I'd steer clear of the 6 spoke TT's that are in the second pic. They look cool, especially in black, but I used to have a set and they are very very heavy wheels. I'd probably guess at about 1.5 times the weight of the standard speedlines, maybe more.

Thanks, thats them on the blacklist then. The 3rd pic is A8 winter wheels. There quite rare and there a set for sale on here not that long ago. Nice but adapters are needed.

How about some TT comps? Never seen a pair in black and they're ok weight wise for an OEM wheel.

Those A8's look awesome.

Those A8's look awesome.

I second that....phat!

Like the stance and wheels in the third pic too 8)

New rear brakes fitted along with the BMC filter. Fixed a rattling heatshield, gave it a wash & polish and all seems well now apart from the boot lock not locking now and some slight rust on door.

Wheels wise Ive managed to find some 16in Golf Anniversary wheels + tyres for a couple hundred that ideally need a refurb but i can do that myself. Just have to decide to go for silver or light grey centres now. Should sit good seeing as these are wider than the usual Mk4 versions.

bbs will look great with black or anthracite centre's :D

is the bmc a mk4 filter youv'e made fit?

keep up the good work mate

and before anyone comments, just incase they are different colours?? yes i am colour blind.

Didnt realise, must be a ballache sometimes. I just saw your post about them, yours are a bronze colour and good job on them. Dont like gold normally at all but they look ok. Outer rims were in good condition so Im not surprised they came up well. Im pretty sure a local guy that used to be on here had the exact same wheel scheme as the wheels above on his green Storm and it looked brilliant.

The light grey is good for hiding brake dust as well.

Well I picked up the anni wheels and fitted them. Look good but they need a fair bit of work so I found a guy selling the TT 16in wheels in town for £50 and commited to buying them about 7 tonight. Put the BBS up for sale about half an hour later and it looks like there already sold. :lol:

Going to swap tyres and fit them this week. That will be the 6th set in 10 months on the car.

Might be moving to Norway with work and looking into taking the car or the bike. It looks like it is going to be mega expensive to take it into the country so it might be up for sale in the next couple of months :( either that or it will be laid up for a while.

Well I picked up the anni wheels and fitted them. Look good but they need a fair bit of work so I found a guy selling the TT 16in wheels in town for £50 and commited to buying them about 7 tonight. Put the BBS up for sale about half an hour later and it looks like there already sold. :lol:

Going to swap tyres and fit them this week. That will be the 6th set in 10 months on the car.

:lol: :cuckoo:

You cant sell your car mate not after all that work! Workin in Norway sounds quite cool tho (excuse pun)

How did you get on with those springs? What was the ride like?

Matt

Springs are good, just what I was needing.

Id never get near the money back Ive spent but its still needing some paint to finish it off. Norway is a lovely place and the women are stunning so its not all bad. I just dont want it sitting about for a long period of time.

Springs are good, just what I was needing.

Id never get near the money back Ive spent but its still needing some paint to finish it off. Norway is a lovely place and the women are stunning so its not all bad. I just dont want it sitting about for a long period of time.

Yeah you will have a top time i am sure. Would jump at the chance to move abroad for a bit.

What sort of costs are involved taking it with you then?

Yet to fully find out but I think were speaking thousands. Ive then got my bike to look at which will be even more so it might be a case of the bike or the car. In that scenario the bike will win.

Car prices over there are at least 3x here. I saw a year old Toureg with a couple of thousand miles for about £90k :lol:

Yet to fully find out but I think were speaking thousands. Ive then got my bike to look at which will be even more so it might be a case of the bike or the car. In that scenario the bike will win.

Car prices over there are at least 3x here. I saw a year old Toureg with a couple of thousand miles for about £90k :lol:

Bloody hell!

Save your money then and spend it on £10 pints and the ladies :lol:

If your car needs looking after :luvlove: whilst your away...... :grin:

Picked up the new wheels today and get the tyres swapped over on Thr. Need to figure out what colour to paint them though as two have been rubbed down.

Still like the satin black idea as its easy to do and you dont have to worry about lacquer. Either that or standard silver.

Had another look at cars last night and found a 2nd Ed30 Mk5 Golf for £50k :lol:

These ones.

Has to be satin black mate, looked so good on the black rims before :salute:

then i bought them and polished the lip and painted the centres a bronzy colour :)