coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

Has to be satin black mate, looked so good on the black rims before :salute:

then i bought them and polished the lip and painted the centres a bronzy colour :)

:lol:

Well, guess what. Might be getting some other wheels :lol: . Local guy breaking his old car and selling the wheels cheap. Always liked them and apparently there relatively light, back to 17in though.

Exactly the same as these.

theres so many wheel whores on this forum has any one just got one set of alloys, ive got two sets i may add :)

theres so many wheel whores on this forum has any one just got one set of alloys, ive got two sets i may add :)

name those wheel whores i say! having more than 2 sets is just plain greedy :lol:

Hey, if I get them then I'll have a set of 15's, 16's and 17's. Nice to have a choice, might even paint them a matt gold finish :shock: .

Karl your just a totally different whore altogether interior and a wheel whore lol :D Wheels looking good coullstar

Picked the wheels up tonight and the car promptly broke down on the way home on the main street through Aberdeen. Looks like it the Alternator :( Left it 10min and it restarted. Managed to get home so I'll look at tomorrow. On the plus side the tyres are Parada II's and in decent nick.

Threw a couple of wheels on last night to see what there like. There 8in wide so fill the arches but ive got a 5mm spacer on the front and there sticking out a tad too much. Need to get those 288's on.

One of the tyres has got very strange wear over ~4in, with almost no tread at all. Its like its been sitting for a while on that wheel but none of the others are like that. Will have to get a new tyre.

Here a crap pic to show the difference between the 16in and 17in. Interestingly there about the same weight.

Those wheels are sweet mate! They look similar to BBS LM's?

Any luck with the alternator?

No luck yet. Im trying to get motivated and Ive got a broken finger after falling of the race bike so its not too easy gripping stuff.

Wheels are like the Rial Nogaro's which I really like. Still not sure on the blakc centres, might change them into silver.

The tyre patch could be where the previous owner has skidded maybe? (wait for the jokes :D )

Managed to get the car to my mothers house so alt getting fitted as soon as I have time. Looks like Ive blown some fuese in the headlight loom when refitting the battery as the front lights werent working. Really loosing interest in the car at the moment since the racing has started up.

Thinking of selling or maybe swaping for a cheaper 16v to raise some funds as a really nice race bike has just come up close to me.

Your right, too many car dicks with black centered wheels and blacks the same. Dont really like the polised rim either so there going all solid silver.

I'll give a third vote for straight silver, they look awesome mate. :salute:

Well goods mornings work for me. Managed to get the alternator replaced along with OE serpentine belt :) . I did it by looseing the front mount and getting it out to the side. Very tight and had to bend the old airbox bracket over but it worked. Healthy 14.5v now however there is a lead free that for the life of me I cannot find a connection for. I did not unconnect it so I think its been loose all the time. The rectifier (?) on the old alt only had one plug but the new one has two however this lead does not connect to it. Car runs fine without it as well.

Still got the 16in Audi wheels on for the moment as Ive sprayed the 17in silver. Not a bad job with rattle cans.

Will leave them to dry and throw them on. Also replaced the rear brakes on my Mk4 so it been a busy morning.

Way better in silver mate, should be a good job you've had enough practice spraying wheels :lol:

New wheels on. Seem ok, no rubbing and fill the arches. Glad to have some sticky tyres as well. Very very close to the front calipers with a tiny bit of rubbing on RHS caliper so a bit of shaving is in order I think.

All I need now is a 90mm spoiler.

those wheels look really smart pal - i would stick with those.

i'm surprised you're getting rubbing issues there though...

(just seems odd to me)