coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

New daily. Gave it a wash and polish today.

1.8t with a few extras. Handles not too bad with Koni suspension. Sitting a bit low at the rear as its got the new wheels sitting in the back. Just need to figure out spigot ring sizes as the centre bore is massive on them (82mm!!)

Wings done. :clap: MOT soon :(

Treating myself to a new race bike at the weekend so if you see that Passat in or around Wigan give me a toot.

Little update. Wing was damaged by some drunken twat so Ive given up on keeping it nice for the moment. Car went in for MOT and only problem was emissions. Seriously high CO levels. Fitted a CAT that made next to no difference but did bring exhaust noise down so nice and subtle.

Looks like there are some fault codes coming up that are apparently "normal" for the conversion and should be ok however it looks like Im not alone with having this problem so its in PSI's court to fix it. Better be easy fix as the car MOT ran out a couple of weeks ago so is sitting on the road technically uninsured. Just my luck that some twat will run into it writing it off. On a plus note if its been running in limp mode then it should be even faster when fixed.

Oh and Ive just bought another set of wheels. (17in were sold a few weeks ago after the wing incident as I was hacked off with it being a target) Put a silly low offer in on ebay and it was accepted, woops. Already been getting jip about garage space so not sure how Im going to explain this. 16in this time, 7.5in ET30 so they should fit the car perfectly. Nice and subtle as well so shoudlnt stand out plus the Speedlines really need a proper refurb and have a slow puncture.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon :wink:

Shame to hear about the damage mate mine has been hit twice recently outside my flat but hopefully it will be in a garage soon, anyway pics of the rims needed :D

Better be easy fix as the car MOT ran out a couple of weeks ago so is sitting on the road technically uninsured. Just my luck that some twit will run into it writing it off.

Why didn't you just leave it at PSI? Or are you still using it as a daily uninsured? :|

Better be easy fix as the car MOT ran out a couple of weeks ago so is sitting on the road technically uninsured. Just my luck that some twit will run into it writing it off.

Why didn't you just leave it at PSI? Or are you still using it as a daily uninsured? :|

Not been near them since its conversion plus there about 6hrs drive from me hence why Im hoping its an easy fix. If its not then Im going to have to trailer the car down to them. Not using the car, wouldnt do that because as you pointed out the car is not technically insured. Basically the same car is at PSI at the moment so they can figure out whats wrong as it is an issue with the cars set up, not from wear and tear.

Ok, seems like the fix has been found and the car should hopefully be good to go in the next week or so.

The silly low offer on the wheels was accepted for a reason i.e. one tyre was completely fecked even though it apprently has 3mm left. Managed to get some money back and sourced two good tyres so will get them on. Oh aye there Borbet C's by the way.

Got a 90mm front spoiler on the way as well. New wheels are sort of dark gold bronze colour but there kerbed so I was thinking of doing them all satin black and going for the look below with the lights, although not quite so dark.

Might even shorten the front plate.

like the idea of that mate!...btw what are teh 16's you have that look similar to tt comps?

16in 5 spokes were TT wheels that came on the lesser models. Made by Speedline. There 7in wide and ET32 so they fill the arches ok however the tyres were too small and were useless in the wet so I just sold them.

Looks like the front has already been done by Blenjk. Will try the wheels as they are first to see if I get on with the colour.

Ok, car MOT'd. Wheels on to see what the look like and 90mm spoiler fitted. I also noticed the rust on the bottom of the drivers door was bubbling quite bad so I took it back to bare metal, treated it and resprayed the area. Not pretty but only really notice is close plus I wont have to worry about it for a while.

Wheels are up for sale as Ive got my eye on some Ive always wanted.

just how many wheels in a year!

we try to help him,but he has terminal wheelwhoreitis

on the plus side,if you fancy a set of alloys every now and then just check his latest posts and see what tickles your fancy,these wheels he has I think have been on since the end of june IIRC

on the plus side,if you fancy a set of alloys every now and then just check his latest posts and see what tickles your fancy,these wheels he has I think have been on since the end of june IIRC

More like a week :lol:

More like a week :lol:

sorry meant to say been in his posession since the end of June :lol:

Wasnt really sure on the Borbets so Ive taken them off and put on a set that Ive always wanted since thinking about the 4mo engine. There perfect for what I want, nice and subtle. Still havent looked at my 288mm brakes yet but might look at 312mm now seeing as I should be able to fit them on now. Ive got a set of tinted headlight protectors but not sure if they will look right now.

just managed to catch up with what wheels your on at the minute :lol: looking good all the way i must add, great work!!

Ok had the car on a RR today and it was a bit dissapointing. The car is supposed to have a CustomCode stage 2 remap for decat etc but Ive refitted a the cat. Ive seen a few 4mo's that have been remapped putting out 230+bhp but my car only managed 212bhp @ 6700rpm and 189 lbft @3700rpm. Would like to compare it to a VR6 to see torque and power graphs. The A/F is ok, just a tad over 13:1 and theres no obvious sign of problems. Other cars there were as expected.

Every VW I had on the RR has always been on or slightly above quoted figures so Im wondering if the ECU is running the correct map. The car still feels quicker than the old VR but if theres more there Id like to get them back. Not to mention paying for a remap and it seemingly having done not a lot.