coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

Yeah PSI did it. I almost bought Stans when he sold it and they came with some good rep. This is the 5th theve done I think. I would have liked to have done it myself but I hate wiring with a passion plus I dont have a garage and live in a flat so even though I did pay a lot it is worth it.

I got the Custom Code Phase 2 remap as I have a decat plus a new clutch. After selling bits from my old engine it should come in to just under £4k including van hire, diesel etc. Not cheap but hey you only live once and it only took about a month.

Well - it puts a modern, fresh, reliable engine into a body / chassis you already love. The perfect solution for someone wanting something a bit more reliable so it's money well spent IMHO.

Just hope you enjoy beans on toast :)

Went out for the first "proper" drive tonight and point to point its way way faster than before. The engine just pulls so much stronger and its doesnt half sound good. Ive stripped out the interior so the exhaust is pretty loud.

Needs new brakes though. Ive got Pagid FR pads to fit and suspension geometery needs setting first.

Only just noticed this thread, always meant to look at your post after seeing the superduke in your avatar.

Having read it I must say its my favourite car on the forum at the moment. :notworthy:

Love the wheels, love the engine conversion, just nothing wrong if you ask me. Congrats sir! :grin:

Awesome wheels and awesomer engine! Didn't realise there were so many 24valves about!

Oh and it's 20/09/08 today :salute:

Oops yeah. Thanks for the comments. The car itself still needs a fair bit of work doing till Im happy both cosmetically and mechanically.

No real other photos as I didnt get any done during the conversion, they did ask but I wasnt too bothered. The whole bay and engine was cleaned prior to fitting so its spic and span in there for the moment. Probably going to take the cover of though as Im not overly keen.

Oh and the avatar is actually my supermoto race bike, a converted 450SX. Superduke is purely for the road but is equally as amazing.

Some other photos

very very nice,

and yeh i would take the engine cover off, i think the engine cover suits the modern cars, but on cars of our era i think you need to see everything. if you see what i mean??

Thanks. Must be even better with the R32 in, you will enjoy. Its lost the VR growl and roughness but sounds like a mini R32 with Milltek exhausts.

Havent been on for a while, and when I do I find this! Nice work mate!

Andy is a good guy and really knows his stuff, doesnt he? I had the CC phase 2 also and it was kicking out 234 bhp and 216 lb/ft on Stealth RR, which is what the CC website says.

The best thing is the effortlessness of the 24v. Its also sssoooo quiet when idling!

I bet you havent stopped smiling when you drive it, I know I didnt! Congrats

im interested to hear what it sounds like if you get a chance can you put up a video clip?

Ive only got an old digital camera and the phones crap so not sure I will be able to do that.

What size of LM's did you have - 16's or 18's, and what's the camber like on your new set? P.S. nice work.

Well I got bored of the TD's very quickly and got myself some new wheels

:shock: what the :censored: but it looked awesome on them?

So what you got now, and more importantly what are you doing with the TD?

They will be up for sale, was wanting to go down the "motorsport" look but decided against it. Always wanted a set of the new ones and there bang on. You'll just have to wait and see!!!

:shock: You obviously have a real wheel problem, what you need is the wheel doctor kit, whenever you feel the need for new rims (which seems quite frequent) open the case, spray solution to face and mop down with sponge and cloth provided, bingo! :lol:

WHEELDOCTOR.jpg[/attachment:3omyz2yp]

That looks lovely, Glad to see another PSI quality install as they will be tackling mine in the new year hopefully..

New wheels, love them. They fit spot on and are perfect. 7.5x17in ET35 BBS RKII's.

Just need a 90mm spoiler and thats it done.

Shame to be taking them off soon as soon as the first bit of salt goes down but it give me a chance to do something with the centres, possibly a grey colour and laquer the rim as there bare metal.

Well Ive put the winter wheels on and changed the pads for some Pagid FR's.

Whilst it was up on the stands I checked out the sump and its already taken a few scrapes but Im a bit worried about the dent in it. Just hope it hasnt damaged the oil pump.

Going to fit an R32 one to replace to give some more clearnace as the front coilover adjusters were siezed. Makes sense in the long term anyway.