coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

Best wheels so far :salute:

well done with the garage makes all the difference!

ps did you get a remap in the end hows she running?

terry

Nah I didnt bother in the end. Vince said there were a little room for improvement like increasing rev limit but for the cost I didnt think it would be worth it. Its still feels fast enough for a bit of fun. Would rather concentrate on brakes and handling now.

look great, i can never tire of looking at seeing rc's on a corrado. Hows the drive with them?

look great, i can never tire of looking at seeing rc's on a corrado. Hows the drive with them?

Yeah I know what you mean. Had a set on a Mk3 and was never quite happy with them but they do suit the Raddo shape so well. Drives no different to the 16in TBH, just a wee bit more tramlining.

Picked up a new daily car the other week. Was looking at BM estates but drove one of these and had to have another. Im just a sucker for the 6pot. I had one about 2yrs ago and its one of the few cars that Ive owned for more than a year.

Anyway plan was to but this as it already had a few things done to it. Came with cruise, xenons, rain sensitive wipers from factory and extras fitted were Eibach coilovers (factory sump guard), custom exhaust, remap, induction kit, colour coded valances, anniversary skirts and 17in TT alloys.

Test drive was ok and everything seemed fine. Intention was to raise it up, change wheels and take the skirts off but im growing to like them. Bit different from the other 50million golf out there.

Raising has been an issue as it is silly low. Turns out the rear adjusters were missing so Ive sourced brand new Eibach springs for £60. Removed the induction kit and fitted standard airbox. Exhaust will need some work as it drones too much when hot. Managed to pick up a standard one for £35 so that can go on till its sorted. Wheels were to be replaced by the RC from the Corrado but just looking at them on the car again Im not so sure now. :lol: Putting winter tyres on the 4mo wheels Ive got for some snow tastic action.

Anyway heres a crap pic. with some possibly wheels options.

Some updates on the daily. Changed springs and of course wheels. Fitted some Recaro's as well. Happy with it now so I can start working on the Corrado. Maybe tomorrow, as the littlest hobo once said,....

Picked up some lower caps for the front and might take it down one ring on the rear. Ordered some of that Wurth silver paint to redo the RC's. Need to get my finger out and get the brakes fitted as well. Ive only had them for a year or so!!

top corrado mate! lovin the look and the work thats gone into it! Where can you get the 8J lm replicas from? Most places on stock the 7.5J versions..cheers

I cant remember where I got the 8j LM reps from sorry. It was through ebay.

On that front Ive ordered some new wheels. Believe it or not its only the 2nd time Ive ever bought brand new wheels. Taken a bit of a gamble but hopefully it should work. Wont be selling the RC's as they will either be going on the Golf or if I dont quite like the new wheels the RC's will go back on the Corrado the new ones will go on the Golf.

Happily Ive never seen another Corrado with the new wheels fitted but Im sure they will be fine :lol: .

Gave the thing an oil and filter change and a good blast. Made it worthwhile going out when some old guy spoke to me for 15min about the car at the petrol station.

Going through my phone and found this. Just shows how bloody small the car is compared to new cars. No wonder they weigh so much.

Thought you'd finally settled on the RCs, they look great especially in a bright silver against the dark green paintwork

I wont be selling them, they do look superb and timeless but now that a few people on the forum have them I was looking to try something different. I was at a stage where I had started to save some money for a respray but decided against it for now. I was then looking at LSD's but realised that I could buy a set of wheels that I have wanted to try since my first car in 96. They will be hit or miss I think. They are silver though and staying with 17's.

Sounds interesting new wheels still in production after 14 years, a quality brand then?

The inspiration came from one of my all time favourite cars.

FYI whilst ordering a new bonnet release cable from VW I asked about the OE leather gearknob. Only £27 so one of them on order as well!!! Ordered some subtle tint lamix as well to do the fogs/indi. If all goes well I'll probably do the top of the rear lights as well on my spare set. Its a 90's car so it getting some 90's styling 8)

Sounds interesting.........I think the wheels are compomotives as found on Delta Intergrales! :tongue:

Fitted the laminx to the fogs/ind. Looks okay but the numberplate now sticks out a bit too much. Might put some on that and cut it short.

Also got some new bits. Bonnet cable has gone so new one to replace. Brand new leather gearknob, cold air feed for the BMC and modified OE short shift mech, cheers Dukest.

Only issue is Im not sure how Im going to get the cold air feed in :lol:

Its in. I just moved the battery over, moved the PS reservior and squashed it in against the wing. Not perfect but better than it was. Only way you use it properly is as you say battery in the boot.