coullstar

Green 24v VR - new wheels are here

I'm curious to know - even with the Golf V6 4Mo, do you still look forward to driving the Corrado? Wondering if the 4Mo is any kind of substitute for the Corrado, or whether after a week of using it for daily duties, you look forward to driving the Corrado again? :)

I'm curious to know - even with the Golf V6 4Mo, do you still look forward to driving the Corrado? Wondering if the 4Mo is any kind of substitute for the Corrado, or whether after a week of using it for daily duties, you look forward to driving the Corrado again? :)

Thats exactly what its like. The Golf is much more refined and even with the Recaro's its a completely different driving position. I took the car out for a blast the other week when it was dry and it feels so much quicker that the Golf. It might not be but I dont care. The Corrado is raw compared to the Golf. Only time I would choose the Golf over the Corrado is in weather like in the photos.

I was all for chopping the Golf in for a Mk5 Gti this weekend if Im honest but then realised that the Mk5 is 3 times the cost of this, to me its not 3 x the car and I can use the Golf / Corrado as a temp engine spares car if need be. Plan is to get a 2nd hand Scirocco R20 in a year or so.

Well I used the car properly for the first time in 3 months this weekend. 300+miles going to Knockhill then to our race track for some work. Id forgotten how bloody qucik this is A to B. Really needs tracking set up though and the 288's on. Had a play with a guy in an new Elise on the way home and he let me by, ironically he was holding me up in the corners so I dont think he was too confident. Still felt good though and it wasnt any faster in a straight line.

I put some dark smoke Laminx on my spare rear lenses. Works well I think. Good shiney finish to them. Cannot wait for the new wheels to arrive. I going to fit some -15mm front spring plates as it still feels a touch high at the front.

Little update. RC's are sold, as is the exhaust. Should have the new wheels in a week or so. New exhaust should be going on next week.

I was clearing out some stuff and found some ye olde photos of my cars and thought Id put up my Corrado history on here. Its not exactly exciting but Im bored and cannot be arsed watching idiots on TV.

First up was a 2l 8v Mreg which I have no photos of bought in 2001. That had a remap and Sebring exhaust.

Traded that for a white G60 which was completely standard, 2001.

Then came the 1.8 16v which had an exhaust and exhaust cam / intake mod, 2003.

Then came the 2l 16v which was basically standard, as well 2003 and finally the VR 2007.

teddywheels.jpg

If only... 8)

Heres some photos. I think they will be a bit marmite but TBH I couldnt care less. Weight just under 10kg, not superlight but should be strong. Just need to decide what tyres to fit now.

Awesome really look forward to seeing these on, look great on Rallyes hope they look just as good on a Corrado 8)

Awesome really look forward to seeing these on, look great on Rallyes hope they look just as good on a Corrado 8)

Thanks, heres the photo that made my mind up.

awesome rims, i didnt know you could buy them new still, where did you get them from?

I love these wheels, arent they the ones that Lancia Delta Intergrales used to wear ??

To be honest not totally sure about having them on a corrado :scratch: , but will reserve judgement until we see them on. :)

Bought new from Compo. Not cheap mind you. The original Integrale were Speedline wheels but many fit these. They make to your own spec, took about 7 weeks to come.

Main thing is I have always liked them and I dont think there will be many sets about. Dying to get them fitted but too busy at work to even think about tyres or getting them on. Im taking some time out from work just to write this :(

Wow wasnt exepcting the good comments. Thought Id get the exhaust on today but the sleeve aI ordered and the spacing is all wrong. Middle section is way to long so Im going to have to get a section cut to length. Another week on the stands then :( . Tyres should be on start of next week. Went for Falken FK452's simply as they seem ok and Ive never tried them before.

Did get the back section on to see what its like. Just what I wanted but I might cut it down to get ot flush with the hole on the bumper.

stunning alloys and will look ace on a corrado 8) dont get selling them in a few weeks though :lol:

If they are there may be a fight for them :lol:

Got the tyres on today, miminal stretch which is perfect. There is not a hope in hell these are getting sold anytime soon, I fecking love them.