KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Thanks for the comments guys! I haven't even looked at the car this week we've had so many people coming round to see the baby that i haven't had a chance to get out, I thought that might be the case..... Prettey sure next week will be a bit more productive........ :D

Congratulations, ive just had a little Mia as well, on Friday..

Car tinkering continues but its definitely second fiddle.

Congratulations, ive just had a little Mia as well, on Friday..

Car tinkering continues but its definitely second fiddle.

Congratulations too!!

Car tinkering has definitely taken a back burner, but i've managed to at least get the foam done on my seats after messing about with the wrong foam, still got to profile the back piece yet but it's almost done. I still haven't thought hard enough about how I'm going to hold the foam on the seat backs either, I have a few ideas on it though. Then it's time to graft the reclining mechanism off a Mk3 gti onto it, (it's escentially a rotational brake). Then finally it's off to the trimmers. I'm squaring off the seat bolsters too to match the backs.

Looks good. Did you say the old foam was too soft?

Could you in effect tie the foam to the seat back, with cordpassing through holes in the backpiece, through the foam, and across the front of the foam?

Yes I suppose I could, I'll look into it, might test it out. Don't laugh but I was thinking of just using some industrial double sided sticky tape! the foam has a skin on it that it would stick nicely to, Trouble is it's kind of permanent, the foam would rip taking it off.....

Dont laught but how about some sort of velrco type arrangement. That way you could possibly remove the foam without ripping it.

I've just tested some of the sticky tape, and it does stick super strong.

So I think I'm going to use sticky velcro for the centre back piece (good idea if it doesn't make a noise, i'll try it first!), and the rest will be permanently stuck, it's not like i'll ever need to recplace it, and I have some foam left over just incase I do. :D Thats a plan then cheers for the input lads! :thumb right:

Been working on the Corrado :clap: for the past couple of days with help from Pete Griff yesterday, just finishing off a lot of stuff. Put the rear 280mm discs on, finished plumbing them all up, now I've just got to bleed them, not sure if the grooves are going the right way, couldn't remember which way they are supposed to go :D . Heat wrapped the exhaust manifold up and installed the Jetex exhasut, and went round the car torquing all the bolts up to the correct level. Meanwhile Jon built up the driveshafts and put them on and put the flter housing together. I've got to make a special T-piece to go on the filter head to accomodate the high and low pressure switches, they both need to sit side by side parallel with the filter.

Still got to drain the gearbox and pas fluids, and then refill with new stuff after I make up a pas bottle bracket from the Seat bits I have. Still need to get a fan controller from Crazy Dave and sort out the fan wiring. Bracket needs to be made to relocate the washer bottle. Put the dash back in and waxoyl the inside of the car. Then rad and slam panel etc......... :shrug:

Sorry for the bad quality pics, phone camera and bad lighting.... :)

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfIMAG0304.jpg[/attachment:i0u1l1eq]Corrado92.pdfIMAG0302.jpg[/attachment:i0u1l1eq]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfIMAG0301.jpg[/attachment:i0u1l1eq]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMAG0314.jpg[/attachment:i0u1l1eq]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMAG0311.jpg[/attachment:i0u1l1eq]IMAG0307.jpg[/attachment:i0u1l1eq]

I used to have a set of Cobra Imola II buckets in my old golf. The back and base cushions were velcro'd to the seat. They never made a noise when sat in them.

Hi Kip, this is an awesome bit of work and its not hard to see its quality all the way through.

Love the new brakes!

I used to have a set of Cobra Imola II buckets in my old golf. The back and base cushions were velcro'd to the seat. They never made a noise when sat in them.

Cheers mate, I'm going to use the velcro in both those places, then all the side bolsters are glued in place. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys :thumbleft: , had a really depressing day up there today- not much went to plan but it's nothing disasterous...

A few good pics to come at the weekend I should think. :D it's moving out of the workshop into my old man's garage for a bit...

Looks really good. Is that the thermolastic wrapping you've used on the exhaust?

Yeah it tidies everything up nicely, there's heat wrap underneath it.

howdy pal, not long to go now! :D

you've only got yourself to blame now you've got it moved to your dad's - hurry up and get it done!!!

your discs are the correct way round btw :)

did you have to speak to the dealer about the lambdas or did vag-cat give you the answer in the end?

i recon that realistically if you haven't got it running and started ironing out the "teething issues" by the end of this month then you're slacking and you should be ashamed of yourself ;)

btw, i think that it was sensible to wrap the cats given the amount of heat they will hold (especially when standing still); personally i think that will do wonders to save your centre tunnel and all the associated trim and cabling that sits above it.

(if anyone else has noticed their trim/wiring in the area deteriorate with age - particularly around the gearshifter mech - i would be interested to hear...)

the only other thing it might be worth considering is putting some wrap over the steering rack for some extra protection (maybe :shrug: ), i would defo say that's worth thinking about while you're at this stage though...

hope all is well pal - any plans for your birthday? sounds like i good excuse to have a day off and work on the car to me!!! :D