lilfuzzer

Lilfuzzers "Verity" new headlights page 34

ITS ALIVE!!!!!! :)

well for a few minutes then switched off and there is an oil leak from around the oil cooler housing.

Kinda of wished I just binned the original but thought was a good idea to keep it.

Anyway troublesome few days but the I can almost smell the end of the tunnel

I did wonder where the downpipe was going. You'll love it!!!

Had to go back to the other route in the end so in the first position I fitted it. Never mind the genius Gaz has worked his magic on the downpipe

cheers chris

yeah phil its in, oil leak sorted this morn and need to move back to storage today as awaiting some of the boost pipes as one not coming till next friday. not to worry not bu=ooked in for mapping till 21st march anyway. but big grin at the mo.

will post all the pics once its complete.

We'll just been down the garage and had a drive running a bit limp. But picked up once its throat was cleared.

Boost pipes to fit next week :D

looking awsome mate glad to see your having a bit of luck with it now keep it updated mate

where did u get the black plated from by the way are they just classic car plates or german black plated

cheers bud no progress at the mo having a couple of weeks off thinking about it while its away once its back to mine need to get it finished :(

the plates came with the car but should be available from any show plate manufactuer. hows yours coming?

ahh ill have a look on the net im skint at the mo tho so cant afford much glad to see its coming on seems like ages ago we spoke at the last ccgb i bet you cant wait to get your boot down when its all complete and run in ! mines coming on leathers in bud new full system been mapped by dg autotech running brock b1 now 9s all round lol , we spoke bowt that a few week or so ago and iv just fixed the sunroof for summer lol put a passat roof in so loads better

see you at elescar dude

woo loads of progress there bud aounds its going well. Yeah catch up properly in a few weeks :)

Well car back from D&G with the LC1 fitted, Need to do some more work before finished and thanks to Dave (Crazydave) I have a short runner which will help with the routing of some of the piping. I have spent a few hours this week tiding it up and have a few more hours yet but here is some progress pics

few more hours to do before paint but at least I am making some more progress so the car is done this year (hopefully)

looking good mate!

cheers buddy :)

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Someones going to be smiling when this is all done!! doing a great job!

cheers bud its getting there but still the end seems so far away!!!

even though I had it running yesterday

Wow nearly a year since posted anything on this thread

first pic is before it was tucked up for the winter

second one is after I redone the LC1 wiring and fitted the gauges to the pillar

How can you see them on the passenger side?

:) I knew someone would question it but first prize for you mate as first in.

I found on the drivers side they were very intrusive and since the switches for the seats are already in the centre lower part of the dash I couldnt fit them there. So experimented with placing them over that side and lower down so still can see at a glance but since they are just for monitoring I thought looked quite well over ther and different as they dont impede the view

Oh and got elbow for short runner back tonight so trial fit on Saturday and then hopefully fingers crossed it fit and the thing can be fully selded up and painted. Will try and do some more updates as very behind on this thread and also just thought havent taken enough pics really :(

Sounds like your finally getting there mate glad to gear , we gonna be seeing this at big bang or what lol and are you going for a full respray like ? Or just parts ?

Cheers for the email by the way i forgot to thank you for that by monday i should know if its all doable or not

No spraying on this one mate just need to finish it and enjoy it for a while been too long off the road :(

No going to make it to big bang anywayate our lass is away so will be looking after the zoo. Next trip out is national day and unsure this will make that hope it does though

Ah Good thinking i guess, i'm sure they'd be really annoying on the drivers side anyway! you'll have to get all your passengers to dictate readings from them :)

well some will be pleased to know done some work on this recently. Unfortunately there is a big boo boo spot the mistake by the first pic.

Yep thats right it is an early rad support. doh spent 4 days taking it back to bare metal and painting it. Mine was corroding badly so while everything off I thought I'd do that. Fitted it and realised the mistake so have cut the brackets of the one that came off and been taking them back and painting them. so should be retro fitted tomorrow. but never mind.

Also managed to do relay for the water pump, but cant fit until new rad and everything else in to make sure its in the right place.

Also adjusted the boost piping for the barrel charge cooller that trail fitted was sitting wrong. Took all the bonnet insulation off the bonnet as have a spare one ready but thought I'd do it to this one so can get up and running and paint and fit that one later as will only lead to more delay.

So more work tomorrow and the front end will hopefully look a bit more complete. the poor girl does look sad :(