n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

I'm sure there is, but then I do have the poverty spec AUE 24v so I'll think of changing to the BDE or even a R32 lump before I do go turbo. If I feel crazy that is!

I've got 2 different size tyres, I can't remember exactly what they are as they're off the car in the spare room until it goes back on the road and I buy some locking nuts! The fronts are 40 profile and the rears are 40 from memory. They came from Billcor, the resident wheel sources! I've read the first half of your thread, epic transformation!

Once you feel that thrust, you won't concern yourself with what it looks like

You smoothy ;)

Sounds like an amazing machine.... I think I need to stop over thinking it and get a blower on mine....

I'm sure there is, but then I do have the poverty spec AUE 24v so I'll think of changing to the BDE or even a R32 lump before I do go turbo. If I feel crazy that is!

I've got 2 different size tyres, I can't remember exactly what they are as they're off the car in the spare room until it goes back on the road and I buy some locking nuts! The fronts are 40 profile and the rears are 40 from memory. They came from Billcor, the resident wheel sources! I've read the first half of your thread, epic transformation!

IIRC it think Billcor used a 215/40 as opposed to my 205. Probably a lot more forgiving and certainly didn't ruin the looks! Still love the wheels and if you ever do turbo, they have acres of space for big brakes :norty:

Nice one Nick, back out again today? :)

Is the inlet where the carbon canister used to be?

Nope, watching Crystal Palace later (sucker for punishment here). Kind of wanted to work on the car but tomorrow is another day :)

Yeah the inlet is actually down the wing almost where it was when the charger was installed. I didn't like the fact it was there before in case I sucked up loads of water, but apparently it needs to be a certain distance from the MAF. Will have to be careful, or look into an alternative solution...

That looks like a lovely install, bet you are well chuffed.

Video.......? :)

Thanks! There's a little video on p33 but I've yet to take another but I'll try to enlist my girlfriend as a cameraman and record some shortly :)

Sounds like an amazing machine.... I think I need to stop over thinking it and get a blower on mine....

You won't regret it! If anyone is considering a turbo then I'll be happy to take them for a spin at the national day or another show to get a feel for it

Haha, reminds me so much of my run in one. You just cant stop shouting expletives. Get used to it as everyone I took out could help themselves either. Prepare for the downs as well as they are a rollercoaster ride but the highs make up for it.

I'm so jealous!

Please don't put a video up nep - I've got space on my credit card for a turbo install but I'm in a job I hate and can't bear the thought of spending another 5 years there paying it off :lol:

Thanks chaps, there's still so much to do though. The list is never ending on these cars! Anyway the weather was nice today so I thought I'd chuck a bucket of water over the car, couldn't be arsed to give it a proper clean.

Custom exhaust can be seen here:

5c397c8199aa5aae83ffc0117b4444e1_zps9a6857a4.jpg

956702449c66c03e8647c5898b1331f4_zpsebad460d.jpg

I like the orange indicators, although 90% of people tell me to go clear. What do you reckon? Also, brakes:

65c31254f031dddddd94350d3a48414b_zps3d20ac7c.jpg

d65d27f29a3a137c8829f181d51528b7_zpsc9f5ef62.jpg

Intercooler:

4babc92eafed64e3372d8914de3c9c56_zps087e2e36.jpg

Power plant, with bonus manky manifold :)

d99643d874bfe7673239d2236ccc18df_zpsd40cd5ca.jpg

Edited by n3p

Looking really good ,such a complete car..

Can't wait to get my vrt on the road ,,,how many silencers is the exhaust running,do you have a cat on it,,and how loud is it? I've now gone 3" DP to 2.5"system no cat and just on box but haven't got it together yet to see what it sounds like...

Look forward to a vid..

I've gone clear jewelled effect on the side repeaters. Looks much cleaner imo and a little more modern but still discreet at the same time.

Looking really good ,such a complete car..

Can't wait to get my vrt on the road ,,,how many silencers is the exhaust running,do you have a cat on it,,and how loud is it? I've now gone 3" DP to 2.5"system no cat and just on box but haven't got it together yet to see what it sounds like...

Look forward to a vid..

Is the exhaust a Dubpower item it looks alot like mine

Thanks man, don't think it will ever be complete to me though! How's it going with your install? Reckon you'll be ready for the national day?

Don't think it's a dubpower one, if believe stealth get someone in to custom make the system but couldn't tell you who. It's a 2.5" decatted system, with only the back box IIRC. It is quite fairly loud, but would be better to take a video for you so you can hear for yourself :)

I've gone clear jewelled effect on the side repeaters. Looks much cleaner imo and a little more modern but still discreet at the same time.

Sounds pretty good actually, got any pics or URL to buy? Cheers

Fingers crossed for national day mate ,got all parts needed just don't have time to work on it with work and three kids to entertain..il be there even if my car isn't ,

Haha, you won't be saying that about the Racelogic in the wet :D

Glad you're enjoying the car and got on with the boys at Stealth. They are among a handful of the old school VW shops who are still genuine enthusiasts, unlike the others who've focussed on mailorder and maximising profits.

That boost + big stoppers is quite an intoxicating blend and there's nothing quite like big capacity, 6 cylinder boost either. That amount of grunt from a VAG 4 pot would come with a monumental amount of lag. A VRT is like a GT car. A smooth cruiser that turns into a 911 when stoked.

You'll get used to the Helix. I think I found the judder occurred at around 1200rpm, and compared to other uprated clutches, it's very mild judder. I just made sure the clutch was up before or after that rpm and it was always smooth.

I give you 3 months before you'll be asking questions about turning the boost up ;)

Yeah you need the R32 mate. Nothing performance related fits the 2.8! People are running a bar of boost into the R32 intake comfortably. It's a lot stronger than the 2.8s.

Pretty much my perfect Corrado. Storm, percect paint, BBS CH's, perfect drop, and a 400BHP+ VR6 turbo... absolutely awesome. Every time I was up at Stealth whilst your car was there I was having a nose around it and feeling distinctly envious :)

Look forward to seeing it at some shows / meets this year.

Haha, you won't be saying that about the Racelogic in the wet :D

Glad you're enjoying the car and got on with the boys at Stealth. They are among a handful of the old school VW shops who are still genuine enthusiasts, unlike the others who've focussed on mailorder and maximising profits.

That boost + big stoppers is quite an intoxicating blend and there's nothing quite like big capacity, 6 cylinder boost either. That amount of grunt from a VAG 4 pot would come with a monumental amount of lag. A VRT is like a GT car. A smooth cruiser that turns into a 911 when stoked.

You'll get used to the Helix. I think I found the judder occurred at around 1200rpm, and compared to other uprated clutches, it's very mild judder. I just made sure the clutch was up before or after that rpm and it was always smooth.

I give you 3 months before you'll be asking questions about turning the boost up ;)

Haven't even had a chance to see what it's like in the wet yet, probably not that much fun! Although in the dry it seems alright and certainly not as bad as I thought it would be at all - I had visions of myself constantly fighting the steering wheel :lol:

I'll never say never, but I really can't see myself wanting to up the boost any time soon! Besides I don't know how much the internals and box can take so it would always be a worry. This winter it will be SQS time though like we spoke about 8)

Pretty much my perfect Corrado. Storm, percect paint, BBS CH's, perfect drop, and a 400BHP+ VR6 turbo... absolutely awesome. Every time I was up at Stealth whilst your car was there I was having a nose around it and feeling distinctly envious :)

Look forward to seeing it at some shows / meets this year.

Very kind of you to say Jim, although I can think of lots of cars here that I think are miles better than mine! Once I put the fresh Recaros in it should be a lot nicer inside though :) I'm currently down for the National Day, Motorsport @ Palace, GTI International and London Volksfest so should hopefully see you again at one of those.

Nick

Yeah dry is OK so long as you don't dump the clutch off the line and the keep your foot flat down :D Wet is more of a challenge shall we say, but you'll soon see!

I had the 3.68 final drive in mine (along with the quaife) and it felt a little torque steery on uneven B roads. That's the only 'fighty' bit about it I found.

Bring on the SQS!

These are the ones I bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-88-95-JEWEL-CLEAR-SIDE-REPEATERS-/370987885671?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item566099e467

I didn't really like the all clear ones as they look a bit cheapy imo. I've had a set of those in the spares box for a while although they're a little yellowed now. I put them on for a very short time, then took them off cos I didn't like em. These are much better. I went for the jewelled ones after seeing them on the 'cough' Saab and thought they looked much better. Don't have any close ups of them, and these are the only two pictures I've got where you can see them since I've fitted them, but you should get an idea of how they look. Hope it helps. :thumbleft:

20140201_145323_zpszfregi7g.jpg

20131103_132500_zpsc47ae9c3.jpg

I had a meeting today in wood group kenny and a set of bbs chs caught my eye in the corner of the carpark. Of course it seems this was your stunning vehicle! Wish I'd known you were based here I would have given you a shout.

Thanks sean, they look pretty good actually :)

I had a meeting today in wood group kenny and a set of bbs chs caught my eye in the corner of the carpark. Of course it seems this was your stunning vehicle! Wish I'd known you were based here I would have given you a shout.

Seems I've been spotted! I've only been at Wood Group for a couple of months (life of a contractor) so it makes a nice change to drive to work as opposed to getting a train in to the city. Are you with BP?

I'm involved in steel piping supply, plus umbilicals, so Wood Group are more of a client - well i'm trying to get them to place some orders... Sean, any particular area you're looking at? I used to know more people there but there's been something of a change.

Drop me a pm if you wish - worth sharing ideas and perhaps contacts. Would be delighted to help any way i can.

N3P - what activities are you involved in?

And apologies for going off topic on this stunning car - yes i'm jealous!

Hasan

N3P - what activities are you involved in?

And apologies for going off topic on this stunning car - yes i'm jealous!

Hasan

Thanks Hasan, still looks rough round the edges to me though! Be sure to give me a shout next time you come up :) I do Subsea design here. Sean, if I can help in any way re. work then PM me (although as a hired gun I don't think I have much influence!)

Nick