20vtvw

DBP from 24v to VRT

Good news! I had to move the corrado down the drive to get my winter car up to the flat part for new engine mounts to be fitted ,but before I started the rado I thought I would check to make sure I hadn't left any tools on the engine and whilst looking I found a massive air leak! When I changed it to obd2 I had to split part of the servo hose ,,guess what forgot to re connect! All sorted now ,starts first turn idles perfectly and goes like a scalded cat,,,couldn't be happier,

So there's no reason it won't be on the road early next year chris,,....

Videos needed! How does it compare to the 24v? I've just put the r32 in but long term plan was to go vrt

Good progress, sometimes you just need a little time away from stuff and it gives you a fresh mind when returning. Will be awesome when properly on the road..

Adam

Thanks for the comments ,I will do a video of it once I've sorted the exhaust ,can't really compare it to the 24v as I've only been up and down the street in it but that's all I needed to get the love back for it!

Thanks for the comments ,I will do a video of it once I've sorted the exhaust ,can't really compare it to the 24v as I've only been up and down the street in it but that's all I needed to get the love back for it!

Cool :)

Small update ,picked up some new seats as a birthday present to myselfIMG-20141123-WA0004_zpsbe1vb8ot.jpeg

IMG-20141123-WA0002_zpsh8h7gmrk.jpeg

And for an early Xmas present to myself I am currently putting up a garage ...can't wait to work on it indoors for a change..

fantastic. I'm thinking of getting a black carpet as well to contrast with the cream leather, yours really does look good. Post up some more pics, its a great build.

Thanks for the comments I love the new seats ,thanks for holding on to them chris,,

There won't be much to update till after Xmas now but once that's out of the way and my garage is up il be on it again ,few bits of rust I want to cut out and finally finnish the exhaust ready for the road in March ,April time ..

Is the mapping on the chip okay for uk use? I remember looking into it a while back for one of my golfs and they said it wouldn't be suitable :( Do tell!!

Got a bit done today ,exhaust just need a tailpipe and I can tick it off the list,,

IMAG0680_zpsvzsvglbe.jpg

IMAG0676_zpszivghqde.jpg

IMAG0679_zpsoniqqrov.jpg

IMAG0669_zps0p9zxe11.jpg

Can't wait to get my garage up as it's flippin freezing out there....

Edited by 20vtvw

Should be at a few shows this year as I'm on target to get it on the road in April..

Tail pipe done

IMAG0687_zpsjeutcuhz.jpg

Also sorted my fans out as they stopped working when I changed the engine,,

Just have a problem with my brake lights staying on with the ignition.?

Edited by 20vtvw

Looking good fella - that turbo looks like a monster in the engine bay shot!

Might want to give the tank straps a tickle though to bring them in line with the shiny zorst.... ;)