Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

lol in true Corrado style and the washing line pic is just perfect :) see you Sunday

After a great weekend at Stanford where i got the chance to get a few miles under my belt i also had the chance to see some top quality Corrados.. this inspired me today to spend 4 hours under the car with a collection of chemicals, the power washer and a brush... End result there isnt a spec under there, i know it was pretty good to start but i needed to spend a bit more time at it.

Im so chuffed that the heat shields have come up well as after listening to Chris/Kip talking about theres i wasnt fancying having to take them off to get them right.. I have also had a very good check round under all the undersell and bar two very small areas that need slight attention it is perfect. Intention is to replace all the clips that hold the heat shields to the car and a couple of exhaust mounts and i will be happy..

Plan tomorrow is to clean the top of the car, the interior, and get the front wheels off.. I had a couple of slight chips on the rears that i wanted to DIY repair so they are off for the moment...

Spot the difference...

P1000929_zps93889b4a.jpg

P1000932_zpsb3ba362f.jpg

P1000923_zpsadf4ab63.jpg

You are a lucky man michael good to meet you at stanford you had me in stitches with your geordie sense of humour and making sure car was looking at it's best got my work cut out now i've seen your's and Chris L's in the flesh :awesome:

Nice to meet you James and Mr Langdon... Glad you like it. I know i have started with such a great car and i do feel under pressure to maintain its reputation. Ill have a good go though..

I sorted another wheel today, obviously the speedlines cant go over the front brakes so its wearing odd wheels. I think in reality it wont move again so i think ill return the tax and start taking some of the engine to bits...

Nice to meet you James and Mr Langdon... Glad you like it. I know i have started with such a great car and i do feel under pressure to maintain its reputation. Ill have a good go though..

I sorted another wheel today, obviously the speedlines cant go over the front brakes so its wearing odd wheels. I think in reality it wont move again so i think ill return the tax and start taking some of the engine to bits...

Thats why i stuck with 288MM Discs so in the winter i could put my speedines back on, as i was using the rado daily at that point (before the love was lost LOL) Im guess you have 312mm?? oh yes lol yeah its beautiful mate;) how come your not using it any more????

Edited by Chris Langdon

I have got the carriers for the 288s but no discs...

Im away with work in 3 weeks for the best part of 5 months so i think ill start tinkering before i go...

What is your Daily then Chris, i hope that Ed1 isnt doing too many miles.. Im hoping that one day ill find one of those, being honest its one of the cars on the very short list that could me part with the Rado...

Im away with work in 3 weeks for the best part of 5 months so i think ill start tinkering before i go...

What is your Daily then Chris, i hope that Ed1 isnt doing too many miles.. Im hoping that one day ill find one of those, being honest its one of the cars on the very short list that could me part with the Rado...

ah fair play micheal ;)yeah that makes sense. well it was the Polo G40 but yes its the Edition 1 G60 at the mo LOL AH ha LOL YES they are nice im lucky in the sense the mateI brought it from had it spent a shed load on the engine side of things ;) as i said to you on sunday i really wanted one before the rado came along;) plus the G60 sound LOVELY JUBBLY LOL

Edited by Chris Langdon

What about an R powered Corrado :shrug:

Small update from me..

Tax has gone back to the DVLA so shes off the road now for a good while, by the time i get back with work it will be winter so no more road usage this year.

Since Stanford i have done some serious cleaning. In addition i have a brand new heater control surround (with a good heads up from clumpy) and some mint interior leather handles.. The seats have been fully moisturised for hibernation along with all the exterior trim (rood gutter trims, scraper seals etc)

I have started stripping the engine bay a little in preparation for the 263s, some painting, coating and general tidying of wiring etc. I think i was more excited by the extra access for cleaning with the manifold off than the prospect of getting the cams in, i suppose that shows my priorities..

So i have gone from this:

P1000955_zps377b2b25.jpg

To this:

P1000956_zpsf11bce90.jpg

Painted the oild filter housing and this is the paint i will be using for a few bits around the bay:

P1000957_zps0f51831a.jpg

Looking superb mate, taking it to a level people didn't think existed for this car so well done ;)

maintaining it very well Goldie ;)

What paint did you use for the oil filter housing?

You weren't the only one Rams (your car is pretty tidy mate) looking really good there michael I have been looking at your old threads on Edition what happened to the steering wheel in your old Mk2 please tell me you kept it. If the weather is ok on sunday ie not ****ing it down I could drop off that sunroof seal mate let me know if ok.

Thank you very much guys.. And yes, Rams your car, especially that interior is lovely..

The paint, as recommended by ChrisL is Hycote..

Ill drop you a pm James.. I afraid that the Mk2 and the steering wheel are long gone...

Good work Michael, shame it won't be at any more shows this year though.

Will you do all the work on the cams yourself?

Yes, thats the plan, i did some on my old one and its just a matter of take your time... The sprockets can be mega tight to get off...

Its also a good chance to inspect tensioner and chains although they haven't been in very long its good for piece of mind..

Its Aluminium Chris..

Manifold and a heat shield done now and very happy with the results.. I have a tin of black as well so will see what that is like in due course..

New plates as per the discussion in the suppliers thread. Service and quality of goods excellent.

2_1771_e_zps43690e1c.jpg

And the real thing (still with cellophane on so look a bit dull)..

P1000959_zps05c31ff6.jpg

Ive also done a bit more painting. It will be a while before these go back on but am very pleased with the results....

P1000961_zpsb5834e25.jpg

Well after work has kept me away for far too long I've been having a good play with the car… Since my return I've:

Fitted 263 degree cams with new sprockets and bolts. Inspection of chains and tensioners (which are fairly new anyway) leaves nothing to worry about. New rocker cover sourced eventually and fitted.

Fitted a new washer bottle, old one didn't look too bad until i compared the two Makes the other bottles look a bit old now though, typical.

Gearbox oil change with redline MT90. Have used this stuff before and was very happy with it.

Oil filter housing changed for refurbed item with all new senders, bolts and seal.

Sump off, brand new one going on tomorrow. Please to see sump clear of any debris, engine bottom end looking very clean..

Still to do, well loads but next up is the scuttle trims are going in the bin as I've managed to get some very good 2nd hand bits and a lot of new stuff. Ill see how i get on with other bits but if it can come out of the engine bay ill clean it up best i can..

Few pictures…

Cams in...

P1010325_zpsffde8b74.jpg

Washer bottle in..

P1010328_zps7b03e98f.jpg

Before and after..

P1010327_zpsed0c7d59.jpg

New Sump ready for fitting..

P1010333_zpsa2ec74d7.jpg

Nice one Michael.

Is the sump, gasket and washer bottle still available from the dealers? dont suppose you have the price?