Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

I managed to get the gear linkage all back together today and took it for a test move.. arm, didn't go to well, if you tighten the nut on the top linkage cable in the wrong place gears aren't where you think they are. I could get first by going for reverse and second was no where to be seen.. Managed to sort it and have had a few runs and tests of it.. This is the first time the car has moved (aside me rolling it out) for a long time..

Other than that I've wax/sealed all the wheels.. I was given a pot of Autofinesse mint sealant, i know its a bit scene and i didn't really want to like it but it is very good, not the easiest to use but good results..

Fitted the new shiny wiper linkage today.. Would should have been a two minute job..

Removed old linkage, fine, decided to have a clean round the area while it was out, decided it a good idea to strip and rewrap the cable that passes underneath it, it ended up coming all the way up from the wheel arch (side repeater wiring), not ideal, couldn't get new link on, removed entire wiper mech and did it on the desk, refitted, partial removal of arch liner to get cabling back onto side repeater..

Not the most successful evolution.. Looks nice though...

I didn't take a picture mate..

Car taxed and driven today (20 odd miles) to make sure everything is ok. Felt great, I've no idea if the cams have made difference as its been so long since I've driven it but its sharp and certainly goes well..

Also have some new centre plates for the RCs, the old ones didn't take to powder too well..

Plan for the week, paintwork full treatment, Ultimate Dubs Saturday...

Make sure you take plenty of pic's Micheal and very good luck your car is without doubt worthy of the Ultimate Dub accolade :salute:

Im just chuffed to be able to take it there, some of the cars (not all going to be to my taste) are unreal and have obviously cost a fortune to build..

Reckon it will go down really well at Ultimate dubs! You can prove that show cars dont need air ride, stretched tyres and smoothed engine bays

I think we are in the minority though, mine is no show stopper..

I started the cleaning today…

Wash, clay, wash

Leather cleaned and fed, hoover, all plastics dressed.. Polishing starts tomorrow..

Nice day up here, I'm even a bit pink..

I will be on the vr6oc stand with mine so I will look out for you & say hi.

I've been busy getting mine super clean but I'm not sure how worthwhile it will be after a 200mile drive to Telford !

I will be on the vr6oc stand with mine so I will look out for you & say hi.

I've been busy getting mine super clean but I'm not sure how worthwhile it will be after a 200mile drive to Telford !

I know the feeling, I've got a similar distance. Last year some of that was in the snow..

top job goldie gotta love the satin :cool:

Thanks very much, it is a lovely colour…easy to make it look good in some ways but you never get the depth that you can get from a well detailed dark colour..

I know what your saying Micheal but you do make a very good job of your's :salute:

I try my best James…

Latest update.. Ive been looking for one of these for a while, one came up late last year but funds didn't permit..

P1010493_zps5f5d68e2.jpg

finally managed to find one, a VW Motorsport VSR.. It will be a while before its on the car. I want to have it blasted to return some of the texture to the casting and the observant amongst you will see the vacuum actuator is from a Schrick not a VSR so wil not allow the DOHC panel to be fitted.. Im not to worried about it as it will be getting removed and a blanking plate fitted.. The intention is to run it without any switch capability as i don't want vacuum lines and the reservoir under the bonnet.

The name plate is also missing and i am on to leads to have one made, maybe an exact copy of an original or maybe something ever so slightly different..

These manifolds have a very interesting history, some are complete, some do not have the Pierburg logo on the casting or the knuckle halfway along the front. Some have a serial number underneath along with a VW and Audi logo whereas this one does not have the VAG logo on it. I have heard talk of prototypes but no one can say for definite. I have spoken to a number of people about there history (including a chap in the States who has 2 amazing Corrados but wearing VSRs and a 10k VR6 standard) who has been helpful with pictures of the name plate and some measurements..

The engine plastics need slight adjustment and the inlet elbow doesn't work due to the angle of the throttle so most use the early rubber type. Here are a collection of spare bits for me to try and id really like to use a late elbow if i can..

Id like to thank Tekara (Ross) from here who has had the patience of a saint selling this to me, i have asked a lot of questions. A long standing member of the community who has sadly sold his car on (to is about to)..why did none of you try and buy his 16" speed lines??

P1010494_zps87074568.jpg

Enough chat, back to the polishing...

Edited by Goldie

As far as i know the car hasn't been sold yet so you never know.. Might be worth a shout...

I am chuffed to have got my hands on one. Only 500 were ever made..

After a bit of chopping and removing all the bits from the manifold here is what it will look like….eventually..

P1010495_zpse68fb491.jpg

Looking good mate, I was going to contact you this weekend to see if you wanted any measurements now I have my motor back. Give me a shout again if you need anything further.

Vince at Stealth can if you ever wish get a new flap mechanism fabricated for you and source all the ancillaries

All best

Matt

I love/hate reading threads like this. Your car is amazing and looks great...... mine looks nothing like yours and that makes me sad lol

Looking good mate, I was going to contact you this weekend to see if you wanted any measurements now I have my motor back. Give me a shout again if you need anything further.

Vince at Stealth can if you ever wish get a new flap mechanism fabricated for you and source all the ancillaries

All best

Matt

Thanks very much Matt and i probably will take you up on the offer.. Ill be looking for detailed measurements of the name plate.. First question on that subject is the font size of VSR the same as the DOHC on the engine cover and is the depth of the lettering the same?

I have the full set up for the manifold, wiring, vacuum, controller but will not be using it. Im going to have a blank made up so it runs like a normal VR6 manifold..

Its off for blasting on Monday so will have it back later in the week ready to paint..

I love/hate reading threads like this. Your car is amazing and looks great...... mine looks nothing like yours and that makes me sad lol

thanks very much, I'm afraid we are all in the same position, i look at others and can pick a million holes in mine..