Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

Great wheel choice,,have you thought about re drilling your hubs to 5x112 ?

I had thought about it but don't really want to mess about with the car. Do many people choose this option?

There is a few places round here you know Carrick Engineering, Smillie and Cuthbertson both have a very good reputation.

Don't follow the sheep Micheal as you know yourself you don't always get what you wanted/what was promised.

Agreed, i have asked around and had no suggestions for companies up here...

Progress…

VSR collected yesterday, has been textured powder coated (minus the logo to retain its definition) and is in the process of being painted. Seems a shame as it looked quite nice in the grey powder..

Wheels have landed, they are in very good shape, these have never been refurbed and are an easy 9 out of 10 as they stand. Plan is to get the drilling and refurbing done and then its decision time on tyres, buy more, remove from the Compomotives and sell the rims, I'm not sure yet but I'm fairly sure that the RCs are a keeper, they are a nice classic look whereas these Nothelles and Compmotives are a similar, flat faced chunky style..

I have also changed all the tubing on the washer jets, there was some "tube envy" having seen those who had done this already, the cabling in that area was also stripped and rewrapped...

Have been doing a few bits and bobs with the car recently, just more little bits of tidying.. Still haven't got the VSR on, just not quite right yet, will get there eventually..

Finally though the wheels are on. I can't get a decent picture, its just too bright (even here) but hopefully ill be able to get some soon. I was expecting them to look good but in the flesh I'm blown away by them, they are in my eyes absolutely perfect, who needs BBS RS.. :)

I know opinions will be divided, its that kind of wheel..

The quality of the fill and drill (G23) is very good, nice and tidy job. I collected them from the being refurbed yesterday afternoon, they have been finished in the same dull silver as my others were. All nicely wrapped in Yokohama rubber (thanks to Mr Lobitos)..

Anyway one picture..

P1020274_zpsbfeb8581.jpg

Cheers guys.. Honestly i just can't capture a decent photo of them. The faces of the wheels are not flat at all, they curve in and look very deep in reality. Im glad i waited so long for that extra half an inch of width...

Look great!

Will you be running them Sunday?

Im not sure yet.. I don't know if they are a bit radical for that type of gathering..

Heres another couple of pics.. Still not the best but from another angle..

P1020276_zpsbfa1ff7d.jpg

P1020275_zps4a3a22b9.jpg

Sunday sadly wasn't according to plan. I intended to go to a shown in Preston where i would meet up with dad in his MG. Sadly the car decided it didn't fancy it so it had to be left at home, all sorted now though. Glad i made the trip even without the car as have passed on the Compomotives to Macdaddy (Steve), caught up with OSV (Gareth) and enjoyed seeing a variety of quality classics..

Was such a shame as the day before was a game of two halves. I attempted to start the car about 9 ish saturday night and this was when the problem was found, i suppose better than 6am sunday when i was ready to go..

Reason for starting the car was to fit these..

P1020391_zps3ed573c2.jpg

I said i would never fit a set of these, well i was kidding myself.. There are no prizes for guessing where these have come from and big thank you to Chris for giving me the chance to buy them and for meeting up in Carlisle to do the deal. They aren't mint, they are flawless, they will rarely be used and i have 3 different colour centres for them to give them a slightly different look when they do make an appearance..

Another couple of changes..

Headunit, Nakamichi gone, it needs to be amped and I've been hesitant to add anything to the boot or have a power cable running from the battery. The solution was this alpine, iPod in glovebox, inline power pack now mounted behind the glovebox, sound quality is superb for uprated speakers only…

P1020281_zpsb373d8ef.jpg

Ive also had some more coating done including wiper arms, the gruvenparts radiator neck and dave16v stainless radiator brackets..

P1020282_zps94734a79.jpg

Edited by Goldie

Those wheels are the icing on the cake :afro:

One of these days i'll have a set.

Other bits look very tidy too. :cool:

**Edited as read the other post and glad to see you got sorted re the Damper**

Edited by Macdaddy

So what was wrong with your motor then mate? What did you do to fix it?

So what was wrong with your motor then mate? What did you do to fix it?

It was the damper Jim, however when i tried another i did an ISV swap at the same time, the 2nd ISV wasn't working so didn't get any further forward until Easypops came round with another of each..

That's irritating I'm sure. Glad you got it sorted though dude :) No breaking thread for you now then ;)

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm inclined to agree Graeme, the Nothelles work so well, The RS though were an opportunity not to miss...

That's irritating I'm sure. Glad you got it sorted though dude :) No breaking thread for you now then ;)

Would have been a good thread if it had happened..

i like the nothelle classics, what size and offset are they?
Mr Wheels is back :)

Tried a couple of RSs on today.. Here are some pictures and what a contrast against the Nothelles. I think the silver centres on the RS really work..Ive never been so worried about putting a wheel on a car before..

P1020402_zps7294c108.jpg

P1020419_zpsa15bf407.jpg

P1020408_zpse98d4988.jpg

P1020398_zpscd080a86.jpg

P1020413_zpse1a943da.jpg

Not just any 'wheel update' that is it!!

I like the Nothelles but the RS's on your car are just complete perfection, it doesn't get any better.