markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

Can't this whole thread be binned and replaced by a single, concise FAQ that just lists the part numbers?

Can't this whole thread be binned and replaced by a single, concise FAQ that just lists the part numbers?

I agree and the Corrado spotting has got to go as well as it's completely pointless, and if I'm brutally honest, very sad.

Yes please, a locked, sticky thread with just the current part numbers and any other useful/relevant info would be a good idea.

Maybe put it in the new idiot's guides section...? ;)

I agree and the Corrado spotting has got to go as well as it's completely pointless, and if I'm brutally honest, very sad.

ok Kev, if I ever see you in your C I won't wave I'll just give ya the finger :lol:

ok im confused. (doesnt help that its nearly 2am and i have a migraine)

which part number do i need to replace the drivers side, an which for the passenger side.

and which blade do i need to replace?

i`m a bit thick at this time of night!

please someone post a thread that says what wipers lupo i need, what part no`s and how they fit!!

front and back!

thanx!

But note that they wear out really quick.. You'll be back to smeary juddery windows in 6 months, even if you hardly ever use them. :(

Don't they just. 6 months is generous too. But it's the same old story, some people are finding them fine and others are finding they last as long as today's Wimbledon match.

Having reverted back to Ye Old Fashioned wipers (Lupo arms retained), they're superior. I reckon the aero's will be modded before long to last longer.

If you get a chance, check out the Aero blades on the new Bentley GT. They're immense and about 3 or 4 mm thick by 10mm wide :shock:

I've found that wiper blade life is related to how strong you mix up your screen wash, the stronger it is, the quicker it buggers the wiper blades... could also be related to brand of stuff you use, I'm sure the cheapo stuff doesn't do wonders for the rubber.

How did you put the original wipers on the Lupo arms?

Got a pair of Bosch wipers, drilled out the smaller of the two holes to 5mm to match the Lupo Spindle and that's it.

I can swap between the two as I see fit 8)

Lupo wipers wearing out? I've experienced the exact opposite.

Must of installed my Lupo wipers 18 months to 2 years ago and they are still working as well as when first installed. I will say this though that I noticed at Stealth the Lupo blades on others cars looked a different design to mine. Same blade but fatter looking mount on the blade.

For those of you in doubt as to how good this mod is... here is a picture of my wiper blades. The one on the left is a relatively new standard fit Bosch one, on a Corrado arm. The one on the right is a Lupo arm (part no. V6X2 998 406, for £16.49+ VAT inc. 10% discount).

The one on the right is a Lupo arm (part no. V6X2 998 406, for £16.49+ VAT inc. 10% discount).

Am I right in thinking -

Drivers side - get the part you describe above (does it include a blade? if not what blade do you use?)

For the passenger's side, what Lupo GTI part(s) do you get? - do you get an arm and a blade?

I cant be bothered faffing about with drilling and sawing bits, by the way. My original wipers don't seem to have the problems described by other Corrado owners (including my son who changed his Corrado VR6 for a Lupo GTI!)

Am I right in thinking -

Drivers side - get the part you describe above (does it include a blade? if not what blade do you use?)

For the passenger's side, what Lupo GTI part(s) do you get? - do you get an arm and a blade?

I cant be bothered faffing about with drilling and sawing bits, by the way. My original wipers don't seem to have the problems described by other Corrado owners (including my son who changed his Corrado VR6 for a Lupo GTI!)

The arm comes with a blade attached to it, you simply unbolt the original arm and bolt the new one on. That's it, job done.

People have said you can use different blades that sit in different places on the arms for the passenger side and different arms and all that stuff, but 2 of the part number listed above will work fine. They are the drivers side arm and blade assembly used on the Lupo GTI. You need to tell the dealer (or GSF) the part number though, because they probably won't be able to find the right part otherwise.

Edit: you can only get the blades from GSF!

There's a great how-to here - http://the-corrado.net/how-to/index.php ... tails&id=2

You need to tell the dealer (or GSF) the part number though, because they probably won't be able to find the right part otherwise.

We don't do the arms m8 - just the blades.

Right ive just ordered mine

what i got was 2 drivers arms and two drivers blades, the VW part numbers are

Wiper arm (drivers)

6x2955410A

wiper blade (drivers)

6x0955425B

Cost me £59.17 from VW

The VW dealership said they dont sell them together and what i got was correct.