timmaaah

Is this overpriced? Cat D Storm

Yes its pretty low mileage, but its certainly not worth 5k, even being optimistic. CAT D, and quite a bit of rust. Interior isn't mint as described either, and it could certainly have benefitted from a clean in there! Its by no means beyond saving, but it would take a near full body respray as well as the rust and damage sorting. Thats a good few grand to do all that, and its not worth 8k + which is roughly what the outlay would be after the work.

Please form an orderly queue........

Better cars have been broken

be great for us if it did go for that.... but really it should not

...and you would have to question the mechanicals as well, body and the interior have not been maintained it would suggest that the servicing has been scrimped.

We see so many pics of nice cars here maybe we should start a thread where we show our daily's encrusted in dirt and grime and I'd bet they're still in better condition than that chancers **** pile.

Mine's a daily at the moment and its not been washed since April and it still looks cleaner than that!

We see so many pics of nice cars here maybe we should start a thread where we show our daily's encrusted in dirt and grime and I'd bet they're still in better condition than that chancers **** pile.

Mine's a daily at the moment and its not been washed since April and it still looks cleaner than that!

Well on the plus side it's 1 of 112 left not 1 of 250 made with all the storm adverts seem to say these days.

ha ha ha bring it on!!! if thats the only storm i will have to compete with then im laughing all the way to the bank:cheers:

The only reason Corrado prices are low is because places like this constantly run them down, outside of the Corrado community they are very well regarded, I remember when I got mine, lads at work were amazed how little I paid for it.

Personally I think Corrados have turned a corner, yes they will never be worth millions but I think they are on the rise.

Rog.

The only reason Corrado prices are low is because places like this constantly run them down, outside of the Corrado community they are very well regarded, I remember when I got mine, lads at work were amazed how little I paid for it.

Personally I think Corrados have turned a corner, yes they will never be worth millions but I think they are on the rise.

Rog.

Well said Roger

Rog.

very true & wise words Rog

after all should it not be us that praise the high prices due to the amount of time, energy & funds spent on keeping them as nice as we desire

Rog.

I agree in principle. But this car aint worth £5k in my eyes..... hopefully they will appreciate, that would be great for us all.

I agree in principle. But this car aint worth £5k in my eyes..... hopefully they will appreciate, that would be great for us all.

definitely in this case VAG-hag it is a poor example & not worth anywhere near the asking

however, for an excellent example of the same it seems markets have risen slightly in past few years as the same market people estimate around £6K

back when I brought the VR about 6 years ago the price for an excellent one was around £4k

I know that once ive sorted the paint out on my VR I will be requesting an agreed insurance value of around £7K, hopefully by next year.

I understand an insurer will not value any modification costs etc but they do say they will agree a value at which it would cost you to replace the vehicle with one of similar condition & as like for like as possible etc

however, my current experience of insurers is that they are daylight robbing scum bags who take our hard earned money every year (& at ever increasing rates) but then do everything possible they can to try & wriggle out of any claim

It would take at least 5k for someone to relieve me of my G60, but it's worth no more than 2k given it's condition. And that's after spending 2k on it over a year and a half and it's still not even half to where I want it to be.

Must be love!!

just on the value of cars, i was looking at a maserati 3200gt a few years back (rear boomerang lights). They were going for around 6500. Now they're upwards of 13k

And wasn't that on wheeler dealers just before it doubled in value? In all seriousness though love those cars but so expensive to maintain

Saw this on the Corrado FB page:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291558345748&globalID=EBAY-GB

£5000 for a cat d car with a mismatched wing, lots of rust patches and warped discs - it seems a bit overpriced to me. What's your opinion?

just checked this out and bidding currently stands at £4000 with 10 constant and regular bidders and reserve been met!

be very interesting what this sells for tomorrow

just checked this out and bidding currently stands at £4000 with 10 constant and regular bidders and reserve been met!

be very interesting what this sells for tomorrow

It's going to be resisted time and time again, every one here knows how hard it can be to sell a decent car never mind that P.O.S. Relatives or friends are running it up for him

If it hadn't met reserve wouldn't it show that in the bidding section... Maybe they have removed the reserve. So if that's correct them it will sell.... And if family and friends are running it up.... They will have bought it lol