VR6 Lee

Corrado Gauges - What they worth

When they were in stock.. they retailed for about £170. Then you had to buy a dual pole sender for about 30 quid.. I bought one of the last sets from heritage a few years ago... and paid 350 ish including sender....

£500 , christ. Good luck with their sale and slightly taking the p##s. Thank God I'm not on FB

£500 , christ. Good luck with their sale and slightly taking the p##s. Thank God I'm not on FB

In fairness, I spoke to the chap and he seemed a genuinely nice bloke. When he first put them up for sale (along with his late cloth Recaro and blue Storm) I don't think he was looking for that much, but he had people quickly offering him £400+ but didn't want to ship overseas. I suspect he would consider a sensible offer, bearing in mind I think the dials are BNIB and include everything you need such as the sender etc.

That said, I seem to remember a set of dials going on eBay for about 2 seconds before they were bought for about £200ish early this year - or did I imagine that?

No good to me, I have an early interior...

Edited by vr6monkey

It is definitely a sellers market when it comes to Corrado parts. I need to go wrap up my recaro's .

Like many I would love a set of the gauges, but at a sensible price for me. Although I would have to lose my cassette holder! !! Ha ha

Lol - I had one of those cassette holders many years ago - utterly pointless, but nice and retro.

Wish I'd kept my last Rado, it had near perfect black leather Recaro... error.

I bought 3 sets last year.

1st was a second hand set I got for £170, which included the sender.

Second set was brand new in the box with the new sender , cost was(including a couple of bartered items)

£420-£450, strong money but it was local and I just couldn’t say no :lol:

3rd set was rough, all the graphics had curled up and broken away, they cost me £20, which was a total steal as I was able to swap the internals of a lhd set I had bought years ago.

And no, none are for sale :)

I have noticed that the price of corrado parts have sky rocketed in the past few years, things like interiors are going for bonkers money. Sadly when the price of components are going up faster than the price of the full car it's easy to see why more people are breaking them for spares.

Back on topic, I have seen the £500 dials for sale and think it's absolutely horrendous price but they are worth whatever people want to pay, which seems about that. Best way to find out is stick them up for sale, if they don't sell you know it's priced too high.

As said , it is a very desirable extra. They finish off the interior nicely. But they are a lot of dough . I will stick with my cassette holder, that does hold cassettes as I have a cassette player in my car .

Cassette holders :dance:got to put my Pet shop Boys tapes somewhere ha ha ha

Do you have pen and pencil storage to wind the tapes forward and back :)

NO..... Keep them rare..... your be suggesting making new VW motorsport VSR's next and making new recaro interiors :)

Edited by delfinis38

I'd guess Classic could very easily run off another batch if there was enough demand - they did it before, that where the last lot came from. But they wouldn't be cheap - even as a factory option these must have cost 200-300 when new. One problem is that they are RHD/LHD specific, so the potential market would be small.

IMHO every Corrado should have had a set as standard - they were supposed to be a sports coupe - Audi at least had the decency to put them in all theirs at the time.

Mounted far too low in a Corrado and make you paranoid, I'll stick with my period cassette mount that cost £8

Mounted far too low in a Corrado and make you paranoid, I'll stick with my period cassette mount that cost £8

Ah, they look the business though....but I agree on the positioning. And it's not paranoia if your Corrado is really out to get you!