Cressa

What is Santa bringing your Corrado for Xmas 🎄

🎄🎄 As per the title, what are you treating your Corrado to. 

I am still undecided.....

34 minutes ago, Stone0311 said:

All fresh fluids for mine, feels like a milestone emoji320.png

Sent using Tapatalk

That's always a nice 'to do" job assuming that nothing gets spilt

I am thinking about fitting a one way valve to my fuel line to help the warm starting. Although I need to research what others have done as I dont know if it is an 8mm valve or another size 

Just a thought... Santa may have to decide

not sure if the VR will be back before christmas but she is currently being treated to a sun roof strip & rebuild.

whilst the cartridge is out the headliner, control panel & sun visors have been given the gift of black alcantara 😄

2 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

not sure if the VR will be back before christmas but she is currently being treated to a sun roof strip & rebuild.

whilst the cartridge is out the headliner, control panel & sun visors have been given the gift of black alcantara 😄

Alcantara sounds nice! Pics when possible pls 🙂

4 hours ago, Cressa said:

I am thinking about fitting a one way valve to my fuel line to help the warm starting. Although I need to research what others have done as I dont know if it is an 8mm valve or another size 

Just a thought... Santa may have to decide

send me your address, i'll pop one in the post to you

I parked mine up in the garage and SORNed it in a fit of rage/annoyance when the alternator packed up in August and have ignored it since! So job 1 will be a new alternator.

Other than that it will probably be the usual winter check over and just look for any bits I can fettle through the dark nights…once we’re speaking again that is 🤣

21 hours ago, fla said:

Alcantara sounds nice! Pics when possible pls 🙂

thanks!

i actually went for fake alcantara as the trim place showed me how they struggle to get the real stuff to bend into all of the liner contours - which is probably a good job though as it would have been twice the price & it was rather eye watering already

hey ho, that is the interior finished though once it is back in

i did take a pic of the sunroof control panel but the flash has made it look grey rather than black - cant wait to see it all back in the car

20211204_131803.jpg

Thats looks beautiful.  I'll really make the car look and feel luxurious inside.  What else are you getting done?

Hasan

16 hours ago, fla said:

Thats looks beautiful.  I'll really make the car look and feel luxurious inside.  What else are you getting done?

Hasan

hopefully i should have a fully functioning sunroof too

nothing else planned until spring when the underside is going to be refreshed, everything possible blasted & powder coated, new bushes, running gear etc

On 12/14/2021 at 3:31 PM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

thanks!

i actually went for fake alcantara as the trim place showed me how they struggle to get the real stuff to bend into all of the liner contours - which is probably a good job though as it would have been twice the price & it was rather eye watering already

hey ho, that is the interior finished though once it is back in

i did take a pic of the sunroof control panel but the flash has made it look grey rather than black - cant wait to see it all back in the car

20211204_131803.jpg

Would love to see the finished product when done. It's one of those things I've been considering for some time now. 

I assume you've spent £100 on eBay getting the black sunroof switch? Seems to be just one person with an endless supply of them!

On 12/15/2021 at 4:00 PM, ben_wooduk said:

Would love to see the finished product when done. It's one of those things I've been considering for some time now. 

I assume you've spent £100 on eBay getting the black sunroof switch? Seems to be just one person with an endless supply of them!

i will certainly put some pics to update my build thread on here once it is back

no ive not bothered with a black switch, i am leaving the OE grey one in as i think it should give a little contrast to what is above head

As it is xmas I thought I would do a lateral flow covid test b4 seeing family.

Seems that my secret Santa was Covid.. ... just gone positive 😳

Off for a xmas day pcr test 🤬 

Just now, Cressa said:

As it is xmas I thought I would do a lateral flow covid test b4 seeing family.

Seems that my secret Santa was Covid.. ... just gone positive 😳

Off for a xmas day pcr test 🤬 

Brilliant, ffs. Everyone seems to be getting it now. Just in time to be locked up for Christmas. 

Its absolutely rampant out there its a good thing the kids are off school for a couple of weeks - seems like the jab is helping though as numbers seem low in hospital. My mate only 42 had it very bad none smoker in shape to be fair - was in hospital 3 days (double jabbed)  - unfortunately some rats robbed his car and house at the same time . 

On 12/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, Cressa said:

Happy with a ccgb calendar and a rear number plate light for Karmann16404251912074082943263567642834.jpg

where did you get that light form obsolete for sure ha. 

Very obsolete as I needed to replace mine years ago.

Was on ebay, so by chance Santa delivered it here. 

Where did you get your latest Recaros from ? 😂

On 12/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, Keyo said:

unfortunately some rats robbed his car and house at the same time . 

That's f**king low.

Good chance find on ebay Cressa! Mustn't have been able to believe your luck when that popped up - although bad luck about the Covid. Must be some Corrado karma at work somewhere!😂 

On 12/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, Cressa said:

I am thinking about fitting a one way valve to my fuel line to help the warm starting. Although I need to research what others have done as I don't know if it is an 8mm valve or another size 

From my experience, I probably wouldn't bother. I got Vince @ Stealth to add one to mine and it's not made a blind bit of difference, and the downside is it is a joint in the fuel line which might leak. Vince did say before fitting it that he didn't think it would make a difference and that he's never got to the bottom of the issue. He thought it was ECU related somehow - they've tested it a lot and it's never been fuel related - and the only thing he has found to work is if you blip the ignition for half a second first, just so it starts to turn, then ignition off and start again. I can vouch for it working it does then start immediately. Very odd though!

Just some Auto Finesse bits for the Corrado for xmas for me, so she'll be getting a polish and a wax in the new year.

Edited by oneohtwo

The one-way valve on the supply hose from the pump will supposedly stop the residual pressure in the system from dropping too low, hence long cranking as the pressure builds again - I think there is a bit of leak-down over time, so it can help with slow starts, certainly helped on mine with an older pump, but if you have replaced the pump with a new one recently it should not really be needed. I found a thread years ago where this was an actual dealer fix, and there was a picture of the valve fitted. 

41 minutes ago, fendervg said:

The one-way valve on the supply hose from the pump will supposedly stop the residual pressure in the system from dropping too low, hence long cranking as the pressure builds again - I think there is a bit of leak-down over time, so it can help with slow starts, certainly helped on mine with an older pump, but if you have replaced the pump with a new one recently it should not really be needed. I found a thread years ago where this was an actual dealer fix, and there was a picture of the valve fitted. 

I think the thread you mentioned shows the dealer bulletin complete with diagram but I couldn’t find it either when oneohtwo was enquiring about his starting issue. 

The pump should run when the key is first turned anyway? Turn the key to put the dash lights on (pump primes then stops), a second turn to engage the starter (pump runs continuously).

Long cranking has been associated with a faulty cam sensor or its wiring?

Cam and crank sensors can cause issues with starting.

I don't want to take over the Santa thread ;), but when troubleshooting my VR fuel system, there was no indication that the VR system actually primes with just the key in the first position, so I don't believe they do - there is a reference to it in the Bentley, but that is for US cars and the wiring diagram is different. This from working on only my own car. The fuel pump relay won't switch unless it has a signal from the ECU that the engine is turning, this can be seen on the little wiring diag on the relay, so my guess it means the pump won't run unless the engine is also turning.

I don't think this is as much an issue when starting from cold though, so a drop in pressure seems unlikely to be the cause. It's more often seen when warm. Mine fires within 2 seconds from cold, but takes probably 6 - 8 seconds when warm and tends to be between 5 - 30 minutes after switching off. It's fine in that first 5 minutes or so then again when its had chance to cool down.