PhatVR6

PhatVR6's 4wd 24v Corrado (new brakes)

If you need any hosting for pictures or videos Phat, just PM me as I have plenty to spare.

Car looks bloody excellent.

Yep, Eibach mk2 golf brace. I've tilted the throttle body back 45 degrees so it clears it.

As for JBS, I started a thread questioning whether it was a real R32 lump in their mk2 because the number2 was wonky. I knew it was real, because I already had mine, I was just on the wind up as per usual. :-P

Phat. You do realise, THAT enigine in THAT car could f**k up space and time if used irresponsibly ??

You may end up going for a bat down some country roads only to return to find pterodactyls feeding off your bird table!

:wink:

what, even with wires still all over the place, no rad and the air filter just resting ont he battery!? cheers :mrgreen:

Note the freshly painted VR6 front panel (cheers big pants) and the reiger grille in it's new shade of textured satin black (I didn't like it all colour coded)

headlight and rad is missing so I could see where to mount the oil cooler. once I've got that sussed it's front end off time again and another look at those blasted coolant hoses.

You need to get these pics in the best engine mod poll thread, I know where my votes going now. :thumbleft:

Technically as I understand it the engine is unmodified, it's just from a different car ... ;)

Mighty cool however!!

Had a busy weekend.

All the wiring is now complete. I was going to fire it up, but I'd taken the throttle body off to fit some better captive nuts (off a spare 24v manifold I had). dropped one of them and I don't know where it's gone so I can't refit the TB just yet, bummer.

Got the brakcet for the DBW accelerator pedal made up and welded to the pedal box. Fits a treat and works well, shame I didn't account for the room needed for the wiring coming out of the fuseboard, so I'll have to redrill the fuseboard bracket to move it forwards about 10mm.

got a mk5 polo gear shifter to put in it now too.

Should have it running before xmas!! :D

sound clip of what? its not running yet!

although a few sound clips of phat effing and blinding and perhaps smashing bits of his house up in a temper tantrum would be an amusing listen :lol:

It is now though!!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

just had it fired up!! I'd like to say it went on the first turn of the key, but actually it didn't, it just p1ssed fuel all over the floor becasue I'd forgotten I'd taken the fuel filter off! so connected that up, and after about 10 senconds of cranking it barked into life.

F8ck me it's mint, it sounds like a NASCAR!!! (no exhaust on it yet)

Possibly a sound clip coming tomorrow if I can get Coxy to host it for me.

Needless to say, I'm absolutely over the moon and I'm going to have a very very happy xmas now. :mrgreen:

It is now though!!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

just had it fired up!! I'd like to say it went on the first turn of the key, but actually it didn't, it just p1ssed fuel all over the floor becasue I'd forgotten I'd taken the fuel filter off! so connected that up, and after about 10 senconds of cranking it barked into life.

F8ck me it's mint, it sounds like a NASCAR!!! (no exhaust on it yet)

Needless to say, I'm absolutely over the moon and I'm going to have a very very happy xmas now. :mrgreen:

congrates Paul!!! I know now who to hire to get mine going... :D

Well if you can't reach Coxylaad then I have hosting to spare. Just PM me and i'll host any videos you've got.

First off, that is awesome man, a guy on my road has just got a golf R32 so i've been demoted to second coolest car on the road. A Corrado R32 is untouchable in Kudos though, best VW engine in best VW car - woohoo

I was thinking though, what do you reckon the handling will be like? Is the engine lighter/heavier - i assume it sort of sits between a four pot and the VR6 in weight terms.

Congrats again mate

I wish i had your technical know how to take on a project as big as this.... all I can say is that it does show what you can do with determination, and hopefully i'll soon have some of that to start doing this kind of thing to my car!! Inspiring mate.

Job well done! That looks fantastic!

Can I put an order in for a video clip of that car passing with that engine at full chat!?

all i can say is oh my lord!!! :D

thats gonna be awesome mate u got a rough guide time that it will take to get on the road?lookin sweet :D