PhatVR6

PhatVR6's 4wd 24v Corrado (new brakes)

I couldn't keep it quiet any longer! Stevemac ALMOST let the cat out of the bag, cheers for keeping schtum mate!

72089384.jpg

Here it is, what I've been busy doing for the last 2 months. It's a 2003 BFH 3.2 24v (R32 ) engine, in my corrado, and soon to be up and running. 240BHP stock, 300BHP easily attainable with cams, exhaust and remap.

It's going to be running the mk4 relay plate and engine management, but keeping the Corrado clocks (so it looks factory from the inside). Most of the wiring is done already.

I'm using my Fidanza 6lb flywheel, Helix clutch and Gemini 6 speed Vr6 syncro gearbox (4wd to be fitted later, possibly over xmas).

72089354.jpg

As you can see, i've ditched the factory oil cooler, as it was fouling the front engine mount. I'm running a Mocal external setup (some parts sourced through YellowSLC from TEXAS, cheers Robert).

72089420.jpg

Yes, the bonnet shuts OK, and yes, it fits on the factory engine mounts too.

I'm still working ont he woring loom, as it needs a bit more work to get my old clocks to run, and I still need to mount up the throttle body and make an exhaust.

Also, the rad fans are a problem, so I'm on the lookout for a slimline motor for the corrado fans.

So, still work in progress, but it's almost there, so I'm claiming it to be a UK's fisrt (unless someone else has a roadgoing one and can prove otherwise?)

72089473.jpg

and a picture showing the 3.2 throttle body next to a 2.8 24v one (I have one of those engines too!) just o prove that it is actually a 3.2 engine.

who's the daddy!? :wink:

yeah baby! i allways thought that would be a great and logical progression from the vr6, well done it is looking good cant wait to see wot it looks like when it is finished :D keep us posted :!:

Whoa.. impressive work Paul! Can't wait to see the finished article! :)

you prob know this already but kenlowe make slimline fans. I know the rover lads used to use them when fitting fatter intercoolers.

looks swell btw :D

thats one beaut! get a charger on there!!!! Then you will be god :roll: :lol:

Well smart mate, well done :mrgreen: , how much was the engine if you dont mind me askin?

I couldn't keep it quiet any longer! Stevemac ALMOST let the cat out of the bag, cheers for keeping schtum mate!

No worries Paul, I was as careful as I could not to reveal your identity. :wink:

Looks good m8, you gonna take it for a blast down the "strip" at Inters next year. :?:

Ahh - I'll still get to see you bomb down the strip though. :wink:

I'll be at that meet too, or are they gonna be the same weekend ?

Ruddy hell Phat

ah well no-more people saying 14.4 thats slow bla bla bla eh

I still got that and watch it every so often

Congrats on being the 'First'

chubbz

Ahh - I'll still get to see you bomb down the strip though. :wink:

I'll be at that meet too, or are they gonna be the same weekend ?

nah, I think that would be a bit too brave (and foolish) for a fisrt time outing...

Its top draw mate, wait next year for the small army of 24v corrados marching to shows near you.... 8)

you have to go 4wd now mate, least then its out of the way and you can concentrate on the 'other' project :)

That manifold looks the tits!