PhatVR6

PhatVR6's 4wd 24v Corrado (new brakes)

Slight mishap yesterday......

I was making up a piece for the syncro floor, had it in the vice, beating it with a hammer. Anyway, smacked it, next minute WOOOOOOOOSSSHHH, I gets blasted in this face with this white sh1t! tremendous noise....face full of white, eys burning like mad, garage quickly filling up and just turning white. I didn't know what the F*ck was going on. kciked the door open (lucikly I hadn't fell over so I could still just about tell where it was, dashed out into the garden choking. a swift dose of Optrex and I went back out to see what had happened. Only to be greeted with this.....

80268890.jpg

The whole garage was caked in white powder. It looked like it's been snowing in there!

It didn't take me long to nice what had happened. My in car fire extinguisher was hanging up not far from my bench. The metal had flown out of the vice and peirced the container, making a hole in it right on my eye level, about 1m in front of my face, hence the direct blasting I got.

Didn't take me long to clean it all up, but it was certainly a shock!!

lucky you were'nt hurt mate and glad you could clean it all up 8) ,happend to my mate just before xmas but the can he pierced was a nice black paint down the side of his silver R32 :(

:lol: I know that feeling well Paul... Just after I fitted the leather to J-DUB I accidentally fired off the extinguisher that used to live under the rear arm rest... I can catagorically state that it's a REALLY dumb idea setting off a powder extinguisher in a confined space... :roll: :oops: :lol:

Glad you're OK and there's no real damage caused... 8)

I guess this take's powder coating to a whole new level !! :wink:

Glad your ok ! :)

Get it finished for oulton park !! :thumbleft:

I guess this take's powder coating to a whole new level !! Wink

LOL - I reckon it looks like the car has been stood in a barn for 50 years.

Is it REALLY 7 months since I updated this thread!!! dear oh dear.

latest pics from the jet wash yesterda, now with the TT Competitions on,

103805128.jpg

103805120.jpg

Needs dropping more at the front

103805104.jpg

Love this pic, shame my mate ruined it with his reflection.

103805096.jpg

could be worse - look at the reflection that spoilt the pic of my car a ve festival - yep, its chris's car :) ;)

t_multi_s.jpg

looks fantastic, and we all know whats underneith does the looks more than justice. Its a credit to your had work. 8)

Is it REALLY 7 months since I updated this thread!!! dear oh dear.

latest pics from the jet wash yesterda, now with the TT Competitions on,

103805128.jpg

103805120.jpg

Needs dropping more at the front

103805104.jpg

Love this pic, shame my mate ruined it with his reflection.

103805096.jpg

NO CAMBER my arse :lol: :lol: Same as mine, has loads of camber at the rear, Coxy take a closer look :lol: :lol: !!!

But the rest of the car rocks!! Seriously it looks awesome, front bumper looks familiar... 8)

12/10 mate !!!!!

NO CAMBER my arse :lol: :lol: Same as mine, has loads of camber at the rear, Coxy take a closer look ;lol: :lol: !!!

Hes got his car on its knees at the back - look how far up into the arches the wheels are tucking! it couldnt really be dropped any lower, now if you compare the rear picture of yours dropped to the floor you will see a massive difference! and considering my car is primarily for go not show, I will never be running it that low. Infact, I will more than likely be running my car at the same height as the phats got his front at the moment.

:D

fair play, but my car is around the same height as phats at the rear at the moment and it looks exactly the same, anyway doesn't really matter anymore does it :wink:

Those TT wheels look stunning btw Paul.. !

the camber isn't much more than the front wheels really, look at the 2nd and 3rd pics.

It's the wider arches that make the wheel look sat further in than it really is. obviously there is SOME negative camber, the outside inch of so of the tyre is doing nothing in a striaght line.

anyway, it's too low at the back, the tyre is catching all the time on the inner wheelarch, and tyre rubbing is one of my (many) pet hates and I won't have it.

Not that keen on the TT wheels actually. only bought them as they'll clear the boxster s calipers. they are my track wheel really!

Happy with the over all look though, not too modified, just enough to make people look twice.

To settle it I'll actually MEASURE the camber out back then send the tool to you en to measure yours, and we'll do coxy's too just to make sure.

(BTW, I had to bottle out and use a rallye rear subframe, as the hole for th ebushes in the vr6 syncro one were too big for my new bushes. when I get powerflex to make me some vr6 syncro ones the camber will be better as the sunframe is actually drilled to match the wishbones, so if you mix and matxh it'll never be quite right).

what wheels you thinking for everyday then Phat? porsche rmis are done to death at the mo, and the audi rims are starting to go the same way. also seeing alot of merc polished rims coming out, going to go for something original or sensible?

really lovin the car though

been running it on steels for daily use so as not to wear out the soft track tyres. but I'l be uprating the brakes soon so the steels won't fit so I've sold them.

will be running it on those TT wheels for the time being. Got some R32 wheels I could try for a laugh! BBS have been done to death, and I'm not mad keen on them, but I have a nice wide set so they can go on now and then.

yes, porsche wheels have been done to death, but I've only seen one other set like the ones I have so I think they'll still be quite exclusive and a bit different.

ultimatley I want to sell the BBS RS's when they are refubed and get hold of some polished LM's, they are just amazing wheels, I have to have some.

the camber isn't much more than the front wheels really, look at the 2nd and 3rd pics.

It's the wider arches that make the wheel look sat further in than it really is. obviously there is SOME negative camber, the outside inch of so of the tyre is doing nothing in a striaght line.

anyway, it's too low at the back, the tyre is catching all the time on the inner wheelarch, and tyre rubbing is one of my (many) pet hates and I won't have it.

Not that keen on the TT wheels actually. only bought them as they'll clear the boxster s calipers. they are my track wheel really!

Happy with the over all look though, not too modified, just enough to make people look twice.

To settle it I'll actually MEASURE the camber out back then send the tool to you en to measure yours, and we'll do coxy's too just to make sure.

(BTW, I had to bottle out and use a rallye rear subframe, as the hole for th ebushes in the vr6 syncro one were too big for my new bushes. when I get powerflex to make me some vr6 syncro ones the camber will be better as the sunframe is actually drilled to match the wishbones, so if you mix and matxh it'll never be quite right).

Don't worry about it fella, I am making some custom wishbones as we speak...

B

It would be interesting to know just what wxactly the difference is. I know I have my car lower than I would really want to run it, and the camber is fine (especially for a non daily driver)

Although I said in the PM I will be very interested to see what you are having made up ;)