First chuftie for me was the first time at the petrol station. There were some temporary traffic lights up and the geezer controlling the lights ran up and started talking about his polo g40 and how he always wanted a VR, he asked if it was quick so my dad decided to give him a quick demonstration. Unfortunately he forgot all about controlling the traffic lights!!

Just went for a cheeky pizza at my local takeaway, parked up on the main road and went inside to order.

I went outside to enjoy the summer night whilst waiting for my food when I see a group of Chinese students admiring the VR6 and all taking photos. Well chuffed.

The students leave and then 2 mins later a BMW pulls infront of the VR, a middle aged chap gets out with two young-ish boys around 12 years old. He goes straight to the VR and has a right good mooch around it whilst explaining to his kids "it's the old Scirocco".. Wait for it...! He then says "its a Corrado.. The chunkier, cooler version of the Scirocco." he had a right good poke around whilst rabbiting on to his kids about the Corrado explaining its had a right good paint job and it must be really well looked after.

The chap then goes inside to the takeaway with his kids.

About 5-10 mins later I go back in and wait for my food. Just as I'm leaving I overhear the chap tell his kids out of no where: "I can't get over the condition of that Corrado" and he wanders over to the window for another look.

Well chuffed.. Makes all the effort cleaning it worth it! :)

Edited by P3rks

@ Critical, for a laugh i might just try it next time, first i will see what they would off then say some ridiculous price just because i don't want to sell and to see the shock on there face :)

@ Critical, for a laugh i might just try it next time, first i will see what they would off then say some ridiculous price just because i don't want to sell and to see the shock on there face :)

haha done that before to a guy who asked me in the petrol station, i said 4k at the time. I know its probably only worth about 2k maybe 2.5K at a push. Cant remember what he said to that.

Giving it a weekend wash, when two young lads walked past, one said to the other, 'that cars wicked', 'what is it?' replied the other, 'dunno but my dad said its well rare!'.... 'Its the car i want when i'm older'

They then stabbed me with a screwdriver and stole the car.....but the comments were nice :D

They then stabbed me with a screwdriver and stole the car.....but the comments were nice :D

:lol:

Got one myself today, was sorting something on the gfs lupo with the corrado parked out front. A bloke who'd parked his car behind mine and gone to another house was asking me about it, saying its very nice and that you dont see many around... and also said that i should get it in the garage - he is right. Just need somewhere to then put all the rubbish thats in there :lol:

He then went onto say he had an honda CRX and an old mini he'd just rebuilt... nice chap

:lol:

Got one myself today, was sorting something on the gfs lupo with the corrado parked out front. A bloke who'd parked his car behind mine and gone to another house was asking me about it, saying its very nice and that you dont see many around... and also said that i should get it in the garage - he is right. Just need somewhere to then put all the rubbish thats in there :lol:

He then went onto say he had an honda CRX and an old mini he'd just rebuilt... nice chap

Was in the local VW dealer for a couple of bits and the Service Manager was waxing lyrical about the C, saying how the lines still look so right and how much he misses seeing them around the place these days. I had a look round the current Scirocco again, and whilst I would have styled it somewhere closer to the Corrado, I am coming round to think I may buy one of these in the future as a daily. Anyway relationship cemented with the local VAG Service and Parts guys, should make life easier..

Had a modified 3 series BMW reving away behind me in the town centre, so I pootled out to the ring road and then unleashed the beast. After watching him disappear in the rear view, he caught up at the traffic lights and said 'wow! is that a 20vt?' Had a quick chat then gave him a demo of the 4wd launching and he was loving it!

Not direct chufties at my car but for the Corrado generally! Took the VR in for the MOT today at VRS in Coventry where Tempest normally gets his fleet MOT'd. Handed over the keys and saw the car been driven into the MOT bay. From across the waiting room I could hear snippets of information from several mechanics chatting.. it's nice to think that amongst all the boring crap that comes in every day, at least the Corrado gives them something to talk about!

"A Corrado? What's that?"

"It's like a Scirocco... only.. just a bit 'more'"

"That's a proper classic that is. Not many more of them around now.."

"It's got the engine from the Golf in it - 2.8 litre" (had to resist the urge to stand up and tell them it's the 2.9!!) :)

And so on. Then, on the way home, chap came past me in an E reg VW Transporter who was clearly an enthusiast (van was well stickered up, alloys, etc) - he looked down and gave me a nod so gave him the thumbs up.

All put a bit of a smile on my face :)

Had a few admiring looks today and yesterday whilst driving the purple beast about.

Yesterday as I was driving through the town I hurd some kids say "Now thats a proper car, its sounds amazing" As I drove past. Gave the a little blast as I passed them to see their faces light up

And pulled up at the petrol station earlier to hear a kid (about 13-14 years old) say "Ooo looked at that Corrado" with out even stopping to think.

Nice to see young kids know what they are.

Makes all the hassle I have had worth while when things like this happen.

I think I had one a couple of weeks ago that I'd forgotted about. When a van pulled up behind me at some lights and the two occupents leaned forward right to their windscreen and were excitedly pointing down at the rear of my car while grinning at each other. I think they were trying to see which model it was but they did look rather happy for some reason.

Edited by Portent

Got my first one within a week of owning it, and the first few days it wasn't even being driven!

Came back to the car at Asda up in Inverness, and some guy says to his wife something along the lines of "Hold on I want to look at this Corrado" just as I get to it and open it. He says its a lovely Corrado and I should have kept it the original colour. I told him it was the original colour and its Blackberry. He just said, oh its still nice! Then walked back to his car.

Today I had a mini one too. Pulled up at the Skatepark to see one of my mates and a couple other guys come over from putting their bikes in the car. One of the two say "What car is this?? Its the best car I've ever seen!" and the other said "Whats this another turbo?" to which I replied with, "Nope, 6 pot" and his eyes just widened haha.

Someone asked how much I wanted for it this morning at the petrol station. I said £5k. He said it was worth it all day long, but didn't make an offer...

The woman at the till overheard and said her boyfriend used to have one too and sold it for £6k 8 years ago.

Incidentally I haven't seen any other Corrados on the road for a few months now.

Being hauled onto a recovery truck yesterday (:(), the driver got out as he arrived, put on a huge grin and said 'ooh, nice, is it a VR6? My boss used to have one of those, it was great!'

Some small comfort..! Apparently it shows up on the AA's database as 'VW unknown model, purple' so he was pleasantly surprised :)

Had two small ones the other day. One the gas station a guy passed me after refilling his car, and he say my Corrado and stopped, winded down the window and told me that it certainly is a very nice car, pitty they don't make them like this any more etc. Smiled back and ageed.

The other one was at the motorway (freeway or whatever) when cruiseing at 140 (km/h) another motorist came up on my left side and thepassenger nearly fell out of the window just by looking at the Corrado, gave the thumpbs up and pulled back.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Had one last weekend.

Was at a rolling road day... Not about the condition of the car but the setup.

The guy running it commented how well it was set up.

Others commented on the sound it made at full chat... It was really quiet when I rolled it in but all hell broke lose when he wound it up

had another comment tonight, was sitting in my C at a local mcdonalds tucking in to a big mac as this kid walked past and said i love corrado's and that one looks mint, the kid could have only just been old enough to wipe his own butt let alone know what a corrdo is? but it did make me feel good :-)

So of course i had to give the beans when i pulled out of the car park and the look on his face was a picture i think he might of even wet him self!!!!

I had some nice comments from the AA man the other week while he was strapping the car into the back of his waggon.

Turns out he used to own a g40 a few years before and had been to Harewood House in the past.

He was in the process of building a new garage so he could have a project car again.

popped into the local Youngs pub in my village for a pint With the Swans this afternoon, parked up next to a mk3 Golf Cabriolet, table of young dudes/dudetes with dreadlocks giving admiring looks in my ( cars) direction..got drink and came out to beer garden, cute lil blonde from the group engaged me in conversation regarding the car. Said she loved the look and wished that VW had made a Convertible version. It was her Golf I parked next to. Passed an hour or so of my aimless wanderings chatting to them about cars in the sun

Ahem... like this one BILLZEEBUB? ;)

101_0480.jpg

Been getting quite a few chufties over the last few months, started a new job in quite a big office with a not soo big car park right in front of the entrance to the building, I get in quite early so get a spot everyday. As people have been finding out who owns the 'very shiny red vw' I've been getting some nice comments. Today as I drove in a little kid was walking out the car park that had a good stare at my car, later that day I had a woman tell me when I drove in her son had turned around and said "wow, that car looks awesome" and she continued to say how it looked soo fantastic. Glad the people I work with have taste!

The bloke choppin the tree down at my dads asked him if I was sellin the c. He said he been lookin for one for a while! Let's see what he offers :/

I went out to look at a house today, and the salesperson commented that it was a rare and very nice sportscar. Even in the rain ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.