Silverstone looks fairly central for southerners... or brands hatch for extreme southerners...

Anyone interested? Or other suggestions?

Thruxton may be good as it opens up the South and SW, as well as being not too big a distance for the Midlanders too? Very quick and fun circuit from what I gather.

More nice comments at work... someone asked me when I am going to sell my car to him. Apparently he's looked at it every day for the last 4 months (which is how long I've worked there) and he was raving on about how good they are. I told him it's worth £10k thinking it would put him off, but he didn't flinch - not quite what I was expecting! Even if he was serious, I still couldn't sell it...

Had some 'yoofs' in a BMW drive next to me and give the thumbs up, passenger wound down his window and shouted 'is it a VR6 mate', I gave him a nod to which he shouted back 'awesome'.

Made my day.

Took the Corrado for the MOT the other day, the car had been sat off the road for over 2 years. Called at the petrol station prior to MOT and a guy in the car in front got out and said "Nice motor, are you selling it?". So first five minutes on the road and getting chufties immediately! Well pleased.

Then when I pulled up at the MOT place again nearly identical comment, "VR6?" "Yea", "Nice, are you selling it?". Unfortunately no as tempting as it may be.

Anyway back on the road now, Got through the MOT with the usual advisory for front top mounts!!! Its just how they are!!

was at Drift Bridge VAG in Epsom the other day, pulled I to Parts Dept car park (to order an Aerial Gasket and GearKnob), several chufties later (customer, parts guy, sales guy & an unidentified other) I left feeling very pleased with the world.

Someone over took me last night (silly overtake on a dodgy bit of road), was a brand new jag estate with twin pipes so must of been special. Once we got to decent roads i kept up with it, and obviously annoyed them as they kept slowing right down then flooring it off again, and the corrado stayed right there, i gave up in the end as their braking became dangerous. I was quite chuffed, considering the car isn't 100% as the moment.

Also had similar with two different golf GTDs recently, corrado upset them as well i reckon.

was at Drift Bridge VAG in Epsom the other day, pulled I to Parts Dept car park (to order an Aerial Gasket and GearKnob), several chufties later (customer, parts guy, sales guy & an unidentified other) I left feeling very pleased with the world.

Do they sell aerial gaskets? ooooh I need one.

Do they sell aerial gaskets? ooooh I need one.

They sure do, just over 7 squid plus VAT..though it took the chap around 20 mins searching on the system to find the part. I haven't collected the items yet, but will post up parts numbers when I do next week.

The gearknob was just over £40 with club discount of 10%..you don't realise how worn the original part is till ou see the new 'matt' leather finish

Just found it on Ebay, £5.52 delivered (I guess that's why they are called the main'stealers)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360264497516?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_595wt_847

I didn't know we got Club discount at dealers. Yeah I bought a new knob for mine too and it seems wrong when comparing matt v's the shine! I wish a new steering wheel wouldn't be so expensive :shrug:

Just found it on Ebay, £5.52 delivered (I guess that's why they are called the main'stealers)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360264497516?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_595wt_847

I didn't know we got Club discount at dealers. Yeah I bought a new knob for mine too and it seems wrong when comparing matt v's the shine! I wish a new steering wheel wouldn't be so expensive :shrug:

fitted an aerial gasket last weekend.... simple just warm it up in a cup of hot water first. no need to remover the aerial.

I remember when the ebay link to the gasket 1st got posted and everyone bought 2 or 3 of them, i can't remember why but i had a moan at the bloke, maybe mine got lost or didn't turn up, literally later on that day he turned up at my house with two of them and started going on about how everyone bought more than they needed :lol:

I check addresses now before typing a snotty email..

since my last post on this thread a few weeks ago, 3 more people at work have chatted to me about the car. Seems like this company employs a lot of Corrado fans!

I bought one of those and it went straight in the bin, honestly pay the extra £3 and get one from VW, it will fit and last 10-12 years like the original!

When I'm out and about I expect loads of compliments on my car.

I never get any. I'm pretty sure she looks good so I have come to the conclusion they are all too shy or they no nothing of cars ;)

Then yesterday a group of young lads in modded Mk5s who had parked next to it in a car park started asking questions and complimenting it when I returned.

And today I was checking tyre pressure when the guy in the car behind me told me I had a "beautiful motor".

Now all I need is someone to rave about it in front of my husband or friends so they can see I'm not the only one :o

Had a new mobile mechanic round recommended by a friend,gave him the once over about his corrado knowledge seemed OK so made appointment to come round and do a few things.When he arrived first reaction was wow what a ------- beauty that's what you call a car, do you want to sell it i said no,he said whenever he wants first refusal, i said he has a long wait:thumbleft:Also took her for a drive on Sunday was at traffic lights somebody tooted me look to my left a guy with a grin from ear to ear gave me the thumbs up.

Made a little kids day the other week on the way home from karting down the m18 , guy in some new toyota estate thing kept creeping past with his little lad peering over the window lookong at the car woth a smile

He dropped back and then shot past trying to egg me on !! All the while his son still had a big smile on his face

So i dropped back and then screamed past flat out doing 70 , when they caught up they where both laughing there heads off

Another happy customer

At Reigate Hill viewpoint this afternoon having a lazy Latte or 3 & reading the papers. Two Motorbike Cops parked next to the VR6 and were very interested in the car. Plenty of comments on the condition etc..

First Chuftie in the Storm .... driving home last night pulled up next to a pile of t3rd Toyota family wagon from the 90's with the excellent number plate "OCD 1T" and the chap in the passenger seat rolled the window down and signalled by putting his hand to his ear "Lets hear it then", to which I kindly obliged by reving and pulling away, he was smiling and gave the thumbs up : )

I was out for a little drive in the corrado and got a toot from somebody and a wave, about 2 mins later I got a couple more toots from various cars, naturally i pulled into the next available spot to see what had fallen off or broken. Fortunately the car was fine and I can only assume that they were infact chufties :)

Dropped littley off at nursery this morning and came back to find a chap loitering near my car. Turns out he's a bit of a VW fan and he's just bought an H plate valver. He was amazed that there was another Corrado in town, and was surprised when I told him I'd had mine for 9 years - he'd never seen it around lol. His is a resto project.

Had a nice chat with him and recommended this forum to him.

I have had a lot of comments in the few weeks I've had the car, and it snaps necks in traffic. I do keep it very clean though, and the Blackberry paint looks amazing in the sun :cool:

Whilst checking my tyre pressures this aft, I discovered air p!-sing out of my front n/s tyre valve. Took car to ATS in Donny and they sorted it out in a jiffy FOC - the valve had got stuck slightly. :cheers: Got chatting to one of the techs who admired the motor and said he was in the hunt for a rado - current daily is a bora v5 and he had owned a golf vr6 in the past. Told him too check out the forum.