At the local VW Dealer today, Drift Bridge in Epsom, to pick up a replacement Aerial Gasket. The chap in the parts department commented on the car saying that they always know its me coming in when someone orders a Corrado part and that my car is a really lovely Corrado. I was thinking to myself 'yeah, but the bonnets got stone chips that need doing and there's a bit of rust on front wheelarch'..but I then took a step back and agreed with him. Everything on the car works and it runs faultlessly every day..I am happy with my Corrado today!..

No facilities to wash my car at home these days so find myself increasingly using some good hand car-washes in the area. Have taken numerous cars there with no comments before, but took the Corrado the other day and had them asking about it! "Nice car, boss! What engine?" "2.9 litre VR6" - "2.9 litre! wow!" etc etc :) Nice to get some chufties for a change!

Whilst filling up with V power in shirley today i had 4 separate people comment on my car, 1 said he was looking to buy himself one & loved the colour & another said he used to sell them back in the day at VW & how he always loved the VR6

I left the garage with a large smile indeed :D

Followed a young guy out of the shop at the petrol station, he was having a good look at my filthy car so i unlocked it from a distance with the fob. He turned around and said 'nice car', he continued to have a good look as he got in his lovely clean black T5. Such a nice feeling.

Followed a young guy out of the shop at the petrol station, he was having a good look at my filthy car so i unlocked it from a distance with the fob. He turned around and said 'nice car', he continued to have a good look as he got in his lovely clean black T5. Such a nice feeling.

:cool:

The guys in the Tyre Centre after fitting 2 x new Falken front tyres on my C started laughing for some reason as they were reading the alignment results - I said what's so funny? One of the lads replied "out of all the Corrado's or MK2 golfs I've checked over the years, none I imagine drive straighter than this one!" I let him drive the car out of the garage

Chap in his mid 30's run over to my car yesterday while I was stuck in traffic. First thing he said to me was "how much!?". He then went on to say that he's seen a few around the area but mine was by far the best he's seen. The car was filthy dirty I dunno what he was talking about... ;)

Pulled up at a shop the other night, and had to reverse in, while trying to avoid a gent getting into his very clean , new beetle.

He was staring at me a bit, so I got out the car wondering if he had something to say?

Which was "That's a lovely sounding engine in a very nice car, don't see many about, do you? "

Had a wee chat and went on my way

Had just been refilling the coolant on my (now-ex) gf's drive in a fairly rough bit of Camberwell so I was giving it a bit of a rev to bleed the air out. I had another random pedestrian ask me how much and stop for a brief chat...

When I got in the ex-gf asked, 'Was that another randomer trying to buy your Corrado?' :lol:

(and yes, it was filthy outside, bay was even worse, everything was covered with coolant and the bodywork still looks carp. Doesn't deter them at all!)

Jonny from fifth gear pulled up behind me in my local petrol station. Didn't know it was him thought it was a random bloke looking at the corrado, said it was a nice car and there's not many around these days. Glad he didn't look too close as the car is a state!!!

Jonny from fifth gear pulled up behind me in my local petrol station. Didn't know it was him thought it was a random bloke looking at the corrado, said it was a nice car and there's not many around these days. Glad he didn't look too close as the car is a state!!!

He did a Fifth Gear episode once where he reviewed the Corrado VR6 as the "cheap skate alternative to an Audi R8"

I was stuck in a jam in the town centre when a tidy looking MILF came and knocked on the window and said 'nice colour!'

Not quite as good as 'nice car' but still a chuftie I guess!

I always check this thread and giggle to myself as I have had alot of people in the short time I have been a Corrado owner comment on the car.

I seem to get alot of people drive up really quickly and stick to the back of the car and then over take very slowly looking at the motor too.

The best I have had though to date was when I was driving back from Nottingham town center over Lady Bay bridge I looked behind and there was a gorgeous DB9 in silver being driven by an older looking gent.

I was checking the car out as much as I could from there rear view. After a short drive out we got to the Gamston Round about and he changed lanes and came along side. Obviously I am trying to get a good look at his car without looking like a drooling fan boy only to realise that, when I looked over, the gent in the car was pulling himself up out of his seat and was checking out MY car. I mean, really? My mrs was with me and couldnt believe it herself.

I looked at him, he looked at me, nodded and looked back at the motor......

Just felt so nice that even people that can afford the world can appreciate the Corrado.

Had a smile a mile wide for the rest of the day :)

Cheers.

Al.

Just felt so nice that even people that can afford the world can appreciate the Corrado.

Had a smile a mile wide for the rest of the day :)

Cheers.

Al.

Indeed.. many years ago I had a guy pull alongside me in a few year old Porsche 911 and hang out of the window asking if he could buy it as he loved it! :) Sure does put a smile on your face!

Day off today and was parked up in my usual spot in Banstead Village, just arrived back at car from a couple of hours loafing in Nero's and an old chap came up saying how beautiful the car was and how it looked like new! He was amazed when I told him it was 17 years old this month! He waxed lyrical about it for 10mins before I managed to get in and away. As I was pulling away got caught at the lights and a younger bloke is waving his arms in my direction. Had the sunroof open and he's telling me to park up cos he needs a word as he has a Corrado too. Fresh from my first Chufties I was in a particularly good mood and did as I was instructed. Another 5mins of praise for my car and I ended the conversation by pointing chap in direction of CCGB and this forum. Both nice chaps and kind of made my afternoon..

I was driving back home yesterday. I live in a fairly rural area and as such the roads are never treated. I have great fun in throwing the car around and the snow and ice, generally having a whale of a time. I slowed up as there was a guy walking on the road - I went past nice and slow and gave him plenty of room. I thanked him for moving over and continued on my way. I waited until I was a reasonable distance away from him, then continued to 'play' in the snow. I was only a few hundred meters from home, so pulled in the driveway. I got out, and walked round to see my neighbour - just to check he was ok in the cold weather.

A few minutes later, the guy walking on the road came past us. My neighbour and I both said good afternoon. We exchanged a few pleasantries, and discussed the weather. Just as he was about to go, he asked 'Was that your VW? It sounds bloody gorgeous!'

Nice :)

Just have to add some praise of my own!,...It took me 4.5 hours today to make my (normally 45 minute) drive home cos of the snow. While loads of modern cars were breaking down around me or being abandonded cos they couldn't deal with the snow/sitting in traffic, my 18 year old VW with 221K miles on the clock didn't a beat :-)

My son was round a friends and the mum dropped him back hone. The garage door was open and she saw the car albeit in the dark.

"Is that a scirocco?"

I politely pointed ourit was a Corrado and after a few seconds while she recalled what a Corrado is she excitedly replied how lovely they are. It then prompted a discussion about her and her boyfriend back in their early years doing various car shows.

My only drive in my C so far this year resulted in being towed to my local garage by the AA. The problem had thrown the AA guy so he had phoned their helpdesk. Apparently the guy on the phone said the usual 'oh cool, a Corrado VR6! You don't see many of those! They're awesome cars!' etc etc. The fact that mine was doing a good sculpture impression didn't seem to bother him! Made me smile and softened that awful feeling of impending expense :D

Indeed.. many years ago I had a guy pull alongside me in a few year old Porsche 911 and hang out of the window asking if he could buy it as he loved it! :) Sure does put a smile on your face!

I had that going round the M25! Having shaken my head at the fella numerous times, he finally turned off, and left me smiling....

Hi all been a long while since ive posted but saw this thread, started reading and put a huge smile on my face. just thought id share a few of my most note worthy, having only owned the thing for a year and a half ive been amazed at how many nods, thumbs up and sly glances you get. Anyway, without further ado, lol:

1. Just been to the Mall in bristol for anyon wwho knows it id gone left at the audi garage and was heading up toward where harry rampstens used to be, lights went red half way up the road so i pulled up, sat there watching the lights when a, admittedly ugly 90's mustang convertable pulled up along side driven by a rather dapper looking older gentleman and his equally glam wife, looked over, accidentally caught his eye so gave him a polite little nod which he dutifully returned. So im sat there feeling a tad proud and very aware that at the head of the que of cars now sits two rather interesting and noisy cars when the lights turned the ******* shot off, tyres smoking, rear end wobbling and squirming all over the place, id quitely expected this so was equally quick off the mark, so we both shot up the road, i just managed to pull up next to him at the following roundanbout to exchange another nod and catch his wife rather animatedly berating the poor chap, priceless!!

2. Pulled into the gordano services just outside portishead, had just filled the motor whilst the misses sat inside and while i was walking in to pay another older gentleman, must of been in his fifties, pulled up behind my Rado in a beautiful old Porsche, im not great on my porches but it was i think an eighties one, red with black trim, huge rear arches and bloody great wing, yuppie killer type one if i remember correctly. Was in the que when he walked in and waited behind me.Him: 'That your corrado son' Me: 'Certainly is sir, lovely porsche by the way' Him 'Thanks. Vr6 yeah?' Me: 'Yeah it is' Him: Lovely motor that' Me: 'Cheers' Mrs asked who i was talking to and told her, she just laughed and told me she thought my head looked bigger, but yeah dead chuffed!!

3.Definatly best for last. Was a lovely, sunny saturday so me and the mrs decided to go for a nice drive out to clevedon taking in a load of b roads and have a nice bit of lunch. So driving along and spoted this pub my brother had been to a few weeks before and decided we'd pop in and see what it was about. Anyway pulled up outside and locked up and as we were walking toward the door a guy outside smoking comments on the car. says he used to own one and has always loved them, he had the G60 so asked how it compared to the VR6 siad id never driven G60 but loved mine, anyway chatted for about ten minutes whilst mrs stood there pretenting to be interested went inside and stood at the bar ordering a couple of drinks. So same guy walks in walks behind bar and loudly instructs bar staff to give us the best service possible as this gentleman owns a Corrado, they admittedly, just looked blankly at this, but i couldnt believe it. Turns out this guy owns the pub and is a massive Corrado fan, so sat down outside with our drinks waitress brought out menus couldnt of been nicer or more attentive, halfway through our food owner comes back out asks if everything is ok if the food was alright, felt like a sodding Vip, lol!! Mrs just looks at me and say: 'I am literally never going to hear the end of this am I'.....Not a chance i thought!! Anywho ate the food which was delicious and went inside to pay, saw owner again, had another brief chat, paid up( like to think i got a discount but probably pushing it a bit) and as we got in the car he walked out with another cigarette so gave it a little roar as we pulled out and headed home, was a brilliant afternoon and have never loved my car so much as then. Tell me another car of similar money that can garner that sort of reaction that frequently, not going to happen. Just in case your interested the pub is the 'Drum and Monkey' in Clevedon. Lovely pub, great food and if you pull up in your rado you may very well get VIP treatement, lol!!

Right there you go, hope you enjoy, going to go and wash her now as im just got all warm and fuzzy reminiscing. Good times.

Max,

---------- Post added at 2:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:27 PM ----------

Edited by Bs6VR6

Yeah I used to get people coming up like that when I had my old MK2 scirocco back in the late 90s,

still get it now from time to time with my Corrado 16 valver :sunny:

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Yeah I used to get people coming up like that when I had my old MK2 scirocco back in the late 90s,

still get it now from time to time with my Corrado 16 valver :sunny:

I leave my job in a few weeks and one of my colleagues just wandered over to my desk to tell me how much he's going to miss seeing my rado in the car park. Made me smile esp since he used to have the most immaculate (old) Beetle convertible :)