Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Investigated droning noise from rear brakes... found the friction material had come away from the backing plate on one of the pads, and cracked in two pieces! Can't tell what make the pads were.

Attempted to fit new pads, but caliper piston was seized so wouldn't wind back in, broke my caliper rewind tool in the process :(

So now need new caliper, and a new rewind tool! £80 for a new caliper, might have to look at mk4 ones...

Investigated droning noise from rear brakes... found the friction material had come away from the backing plate on one of the pads, and cracked in two pieces! Can't tell what make the pads were.

EBC? :lol:

Over the weekend I got a 2.5" decat exhaust fitted, wired up my amp with decent connectors, topped up the fluids and took her for a spirited drive!

Zorst is a bit rumbly at town speeds but I quite like that.

Discovered the original exhaust system had, after being on the car for 15 years, corroded badly enough to need replacing. Ordered a Milltek cat back system... better be good.... :?

Haven't actually done anything today, but did organise to pick up all the bits I need to replace after the garage flambeyed them during the MOT! Fingers crossed it will make it the whole way through the MOT next time

Actually put some oil in the car, all of a quarter of a litre. :shock: :nono:

Wow, have to keep an eye on her now.

First drop she has used in about 4 years !! :D

Put some in mine today, using a lot less since putting in some thicker stuff and giving it a good service! Who knows when it was done last!

Also lowered the Kw's 5 mm at the back, stopped the scraping at the front now :)

Finally got the connectors I needed to hook up the radio (after 10 months of laziness) only to find that all I can receive are Radio 2 & Minster FM. Time to invest in that DAB aerial set I think!

Booked it in to the Garage to get my overfuelling problems sorted (I think it needs an ECU reset...)

Cheers,

Tom

Collected my car from the garage (been in for 8 days) and promptly broke down a few miles later. AA man sorted the dodgy alternator connection and off I went again. Work done : 312s with ferodo ds2500s, 280s with pagid frs, braids, dot 5.1, 263 cams, new clutch, new chains, all new bushes (mix of vw/audi/powerflex) tweak of the ride height, 4 wheel laser align.

oh my god,what a difference, like a new car and has so much more go its unreal. once warmed and got the boot in a bit more I was shouting and screaming with excitement.... up until it died on me :brickwall: looking forward to the morning :norty:

On the weekend...

Self half-arsed alloy wheel refurb to last until June/July until I get them done properly.

Cleaning of all brake calipers, spraying them silver.

Fitting of smoked side repeaters and new orange bulbs.

Fitting of new handbrake cover.

Today...

Purchase of rear brake pads from Volkswagen.

Purchase of Goodridge braided brake hoses.

changed the oil sump gasket - it was leaking slightly and changed the oil & filter. No more oil drips! But those 5 million sump bolts - what a pain.

Well where do I start..........

Other half, replaced Knackered heater matrix over the weekend, and killed my dash in the process...so I have just had that out and sorted it out and now working again.

Topped up the water and gave it some much needed oil.

Took out for a spin with half the lower dash still out and find damn spoiler not going up as it should, works ok with the dash switch, so back to under the bonnet till sorted. :(

not all today but this weekend finally got R32 conversion motor finnished

going to fit my new BBS rx2 rims now :D v happy with rado now

Took the whole front end off ready to take our old VR lump, was quite chuffed with myself seeing as i've never taken a bumper off before. Got irritated by the STUPID rusted screws for headlights so i drilled them out, then realised theres another impossible to get to screw so im a bit stumped for now how im gonna get that one out.

I also bought a £20 electric impact wrench from netto's a while back thinking it would come in handy as a bookholder or something but it was actually pretty dam good! made light work of the stubborn bolts.

serviced my Passat and saved myself £200ish by spending 45 minutes of my own time, rather than paying a garage...

Oh, and finally bought a head gasket for my Corrado.......... :roll:

Took the rear lock out because the keys wont unlock it. Was prepared to re-tumble the lock, but it turns out two of the 'blades' were seized (due to lack of use no doubt!) :D . So I simply stripped it down, lightly rubbed the blades with some wet and dry and then re-greased them and placed them back in - it now works and is nice and smooth!

not all today but this weekend finally got R32 conversion motor finnished

going to fit my new BBS rx2 rims now :D v happy with rado now

oh yes.......... :norty:

have you got a build thread? (haven't seen it...)

get some piccies up - always good to see the subtle differences of how they are done :)

they are MUCH faster than the VR's aren't they?! - the guy who remapped mine for me came out with me for my initial test drive and he described me as giggling like an 11 year old schol boy for the majority of the drive! :grin:

For the first time ever put my car into a garage to have some work done. New bushes all round what a difference :D

Paid the garage to fix the misfire:

New plugs, leads, distributor, temp sensor.

Took if for a thrash....and howled in frustration as the misfire came back even worse! :brickwall:

For 25 glorious minutes though :luvlove:

fixed a new bonnet cable in, sorted out new alarm led for the dash, cleaned and polished the bonnet and bay - looking better each week at the moment. failed again to choose what colour to retrim the interior :)

put anew set of plugs in. now need a new dizzy cap,leads,and rota arm :(

was not firing at all on the 3rd cylinder,6,4 were white near detonation,1,2,5 were fine :cuckoo:

no wonder it was going nowhere fast :censored:

Fitted my new fog yesterday thanks again to ashley555 for it!

Not on the rado but got some of the white paint onto the caddy will finish painting today then flat it back next week. :D

happy days once this is done just need engine done then can concentrate on the rado