Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

ordered Fuchs titan race oil for the VR, fuchs titan syn mc for the valver & the gf's lupo

thanks to tim at opie oils for the 10% discount & also to the company for free delivery :)

lying on cold floors doing oil changes pending! lol

with the VR going for MOT next week I really must change the driver wing mirror glass this weekend. an idiot didn't leave enough room on a country lane & cracked the glass when the wing mirrors hit each other. fortunately no damage or marks on the wing mirror itself. I am hoping the blue tinted replacement I got will help reduce being blinded by Chelsea tractor headlights cause I am rather low

I also want to get the wheel off each corner & clean my KW's - I looked at them the other week & you can barely see the thread!

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Finally fitted my battery kill switch after I keep reading horror stories! Got my slow puncture repaired (just a dodgy valve) Cleaned it, straightened the steering wheel as its been a little bit off centre and replaced the door light switches.

applied some red tint film to the temporary rear lights. Not bad, a bit fiddly to do. Some bubbles but i'm not bothered as they'll becoming off again soon.

I drove it. And spent another fiver on petrol..

Best idea I've heard all day..... if only mine was working....

What's wrong with Mincy mic?

Nothing serious, and all my own doing. I've been tinkering so it's not moving for a while I think.

ordered Fuchs titan race oil for the VR, fuchs titan syn mc for the valver & the gf's lupo

thanks to tim at opie oils for the 10% discount & also to the company for free delivery :)

lying on cold floors doing oil changes pending! lol

with the VR going for MOT next week I really must change the driver wing mirror glass this weekend. an idiot didn't leave enough room on a country lane & cracked the glass when the wing mirrors hit each other. fortunately no damage or marks on the wing mirror itself. I am hoping the blue tinted replacement I got will help reduce being blinded by Chelsea tractor headlights cause I am rather low

I also want to get the wheel off each corner & clean my KW's - I looked at them the other week & you can barely see the thread!

big box of oil waiting at my desk when I got to work this morning :)

got the VR in the air yesterday - holy cow im going to change my route to work!! the KW's & under wheel arch were caked in dirt & crap off the country lanes. thus ensued a messy affair of scraping, knocking, spraying, scrubbing & getting very wet & mucky with back spray from the water hose jet but I got the passenger side done....

before & after....

I also tackled the drivers wing mirror, which turned into a yay & boo event

removing the mirror & backing plate from the mirror housing was nice & easy, getting the plastic backer off was not so much lol

after half an hour or so of letting it soak in warm soapy water & battling with a thin scraper I eventually managed to get the 2 apart & some glass in my fingers to boot but at least I didn't break the backer

as per other users on here have stated the ebay replacement had the heater element pins slightly in the wrong place but a sharp knife sorted that

school boy error though as I didn't check to see if the old glass & new glass had the same profile - it turned out they didn't! the ebay ones are very slightly do not match

in turn I was little over zealous & by trying to force the backer round the glass I cracked the damn new glass, grrrr!!!

however at least it isn't smashed into bits like the old one was so I stuck it back on the car & have to say that I was very impressed this morning with how quickly it cleared the ice. drivers side was completely clear when passenger was still half frozen

also, though the glass profile doesn't match the plastic backer it actually doesn't look too bad in the housing. though my eye does keep focusing on the small gap between glass & backer in the one corner lol

fingers crossed it passes the MOT with a cracked mirror

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Got the front wishbones with new bushes (R32/TT rears!) fitted this weekend, after much cursing and gnashing of teeth. Attempted to change the cambelt and waterpump too but of course the alternator and G-lader need to be removed to do that and I don't have an electric impact gun :(

big box of oil waiting at my desk when I got to work this morning :)

got the VR in the air yesterday - holy cow im going to change my route to work!! the KW's & under wheel arch were caked in dirt & crap off the country lanes. thus ensued a messy affair of scraping, knocking, spraying, scrubbing & getting very wet & mucky with back spray from the water hose jet but I got the passenger side done....

before & after....

Bit of transformation

Bit of transformation

lol yes m8

TBH it is my own fault for not getting under there sooner. the KW's have been on for about 5 years I think but ive only recently got myself a house with a drive & a jack, tools & torque wrench etc

they came up rather nicely considering though :)

I managed to get the drivers side rear done (in a fashion as I was battling a loss of light) once home from work last night & am hoping the rain stays away later so I can finish the last one

then at least the MOT man can tell they are coilovers lol

PS the auto glym engine bay cleaner helped after an initial scrape & spray

TBH it is my own fault for not getting under there sooner. the KW's have been on for about 5 years I think but ive only recently got myself a house with a drive & a jack, tools & torque wrench etc

Blimey they've come up like new hey, nice work :]

So if they've been on 5 years it's safe to say they they're the danglies then? Totally fed up with my koni contraptions now and as soon as I can find a shop to deal with I 'm thinking the V2s. Great to have your insight.

Blimey they've come up like new hey, nice work :]

So if they've been on 5 years it's safe to say they they're the danglies then? Totally fed up with my koni contraptions now and as soon as I can find a shop to deal with I 'm thinking the V2s. Great to have your insight.

hi m8

they definitely seem to be lasting well! & after taking a beating of dirt & grime the only slight issue seems to be some of the yellow paint flaking on the springs.

in terms of performance they are as good as when they were fitted all that time & IIRC over 60K miles ago

I reckon if I removed them & spent an hour or 2 on each one I could get them to look virtually new

my only reservation, as I have said previously on other posts, is that I would have liked to have been able to afford the V2 or V3's - purely for the reason of being able to soften the ride just a very tiny bit

personally I would rather put up with being a little harsh & bobbly over rough roads in place of feeling like it is glued to the road & how bloody lovely it feels on a smooth surface :D

hi m8

they definitely seem to be lasting well! & after taking a beating of dirt & grime the only slight issue seems to be some of the yellow paint flaking on the springs.

in terms of performance they are as good as when they were fitted all that time & IIRC over 60K miles ago

I reckon if I removed them & spent an hour or 2 on each one I could get them to look virtually new

my only reservation, as I have said previously on other posts, is that I would have liked to have been able to afford the V2 or V3's - purely for the reason of being able to soften the ride just a very tiny bit

personally I would rather put up with being a little harsh & bobbly over rough roads in place of feeling like it is glued to the road & how bloody lovely it feels on a smooth surface :D

Thanks mate, that's really helpful. My koni's are so crashy its untrue. Just had the rx2s looked at and two of them were like eggs. It's not even slammed. V2s I'd i can find someone to supply only. Ta

Thanks mate, that's really helpful. My koni's are so crashy its untrue. Just had the rx2s looked at and two of them were like eggs. It's not even slammed. V2s I'd i can find someone to supply only. Ta

ouch - the roads in the UK are awful!

I know people go on about crashy suspension but even really hard set ups feel nice on a smooth road

for the vast majority of roads it is the fact they are so un maintained & full of patches that make our cars feel harsh - on a proper tarmac (rather than pebble dash fecking pile of crap), well laid surface my VR is sublime as the refreshed running gear makes everything feel more cushioned.

on that note & from personal experience, make sure you change your front wishbone bushes & rear beam bushes as they have huge impact on crashy feelings.

finally, FYI, I purchased my KW's direct from KW. I just called them up & the nice lady on the phone did a price match for me.

Finally, after getting a full respray and an MoT - delayed for about three months while I found out you can buy replacement H&R dampers as individual replacement units from H&R - leaving the C sat at my trusty garage doing nowt, drove it home on Thursday only to have it sit there with three inches of snow on top of it...

Anyway, when I got the car back from the paint shop, the spoiler didn't work either on the switch or automatically.

Crossed fingers they'd simply not re-engaged the manual switch thing, just popped the plastic cover off and yay, it was so. Pushed it back in and the spoiler now goes up and down as it should. Happy start to a snowy Sunday, for once something that was easy to fit with instant gratification :dance:

Edited by Mystic Rado

Rear NS ABS sensor renewed last night, so yippee no more ABS light illuminating the car.