Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Monday: OSF lower door painted, blended and four dents taken out.

Today: Putting my summer wheels into bags and one of them fell over onto said lower door. Putting a shallow dent in it.

Not fecking happy! :mad: Hoping a dent devil person will be able to take it out.

Replaced the speedo bulbs (two were missing!)

Replaced heater control bulb

I now have dashboard lights!

Which bulbs did you use for the heater controls. Also early or late heater controls

Oh no :(

I had that with my valver 3 gritter lorries in as many minuets, went over the bonnet and straight onto the windscreen :(

Aye, I remember that! Will have a good look at it in the light tomorrow- hopefully no permanent damage.

I drove from Surrey to Norfolk and back again to see my family. And changed the oil while at my brothers . Currently having a coffee break at South Mimms service station on the M25 on the way back. For most of the trip I got bored with the radio so just switched it off and listened to the engine. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip and it's good to give it a nice long run once in a while, especially on the lovely roads up there. I expect I will be washing her tomorrow :)

Changed the driver's side handbrake cable (advisory from MOT). The plastic end piece decided to stay in the metal tube :roll: All fitted and OK now.

Changed bulb in the instrument panel.

Started to treat some rust under the rear of the sills. Looked like it might be pretty bad underneath, but once I'd stripped the underseal, I was pleasantlly surprised at the lack of rot. Only some surface stuff that I ground off with a drill. Primed it with antirust primer, ready for a coat of Rustoleum, followed by underseal and then paint 8)

trial fitted some borbet A's...

liking the look of them and the stance has changed considerably :)

5284f821-c86a-0e4e.jpg

thoughts please

Washed the C and RainX'd the front and rear screens. Plan to wax the body - Angelwax - and RainX anti fog the inside of the windows tomorrow morning. Have one coat of the stuff on and working really well. Had wondered if the windows didn't mist up because I keep it in a car port, but last week kept it on the street as our steep drive was frozen and still clear screens. Probably do my wife's Touran too. It's a diesel so takes a while to warm up and demist.

Got the freshly powder coated rear beam back in with it's new bushes and brake lines. Feeling good as it seems like months since I've bolted anything on, it's always taking things off and adding to the shopping list!

Spent the day changing indicator and washer stalks, putting doorcards back on after re attaching the plastic membrane properly, and checking that the abs and fans work correctly....they dont :)