Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Thanks to yours' advice, managed to not only open my bonnet but also fix it so it will not cause me troubles again.

And while bonnet was operational again, was back on track with this weekend project of refurbishing my headlights. Got new stainless screws in place, new Philips xtra vision bulbs, de-assembled and cleaned whole headlight units.

All now back on car, check if everything works fine, admired it for a while, took it for a drive... and it is ready now for next weekend project: fitting uprated loom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54161[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54169[/ATTACH]

Sorted the rust hole in the passenger sill

repaired the massive dent in the same sill caused by a jack that gave out on me.

Stone chipped and rattle canned it for the time being until i get the paint sorted.

Next job refitting my stage 5 charger then sorting the rust on the rear panel

Am in the process of spraying a lot of black colour all over my seats... ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Today my dash stopped working so I replaced fuse 21 with a new fangled LED fuse so it'll light up if it goes again!

Spent well over an hour polish and waxing 1 of my RS's in preparation for putting them back on for the summer! 3 more to go............

Spent too much of my bonus! I've bought quite a few bits and pieces over the last week and I can't wait for everything to arrive so I can make some improvements! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent an hour making a list of new parts i want ,while at mates garage using his lift ....this is getting expensive lol

Fitted the centre tunnel repair kit.

No more flappy bits of plastic for me :)

Started repairing the few scuffs in my seats.

Looks so much better after one coat of restorer

- replaced cracked centre dash console with the new one (seems like an easy task but took me good few hours - and my back is killing me now)

- finally fixed "loosing memory" on my car radio

- had a go on my broken directional heater knob but not sure whats wrong with it - to fix another day

- while removing all the centre console bits, gave a proper clean to all the plastics, switches, etc...

- sorted out all the cabling behind centre console - in a bid to eradicate all the rattles - also used Hobbycraft felt to replace worn out on my clock surround

... all-in-all very happy, my first attempt on centre console removal, and all went well - I am a ninja :)

Replaced my rear VR6 badge and put it in the location it should have been in the first place.

Also put a new VR6 badge on the centre console to cover a sploge of superglue left by the previous owner! :lol:

Then gave it a polish.

Upgraded brakes to 312mm calipers & discs. had a an hours fight with my leaking rad elbow as one of the bolts had rusted in to the fitting but it finally gave in and has been replaced with a Gruven one. Replaced the CDA with the original airbox, not feeling such a chav anymore and car sounds more civilised.

Tracked down a battery drain that was killing the battery almost overnight. Had removed the hidden 20 amp fuse that controls the windows and door locks to stop the drain. Turned out to be the vacuum servo thingy in the passenger door. Typically I started with the drivers door. Left it disconnected and strangely can't see any difference in the operation of the doors. Central locking works from both doors and the alarm. Now wondering what exactly the electrical connection is for and what it's supposed to do? Retaped a lot of the looms while I was in there. Noticed a bit of oil on the front of the engine. Something for later when I've had a coffee.

Tightened the manifold up properly so it no longer blows on the head lol

Did some final checks ready for MOT next week! Wish me luck. It's been off the road since 2009!

Ooh exciting stuff then Pete. Best of luck to the rado!

Well I've been slowly rebuilding mine after the respray and have done a thousand and one things to it but this week I have mostly been jacking the front end up to underseal the front arches and attempt to refit the arch liners with rolled arches!

Another rather stupid thing I did was leave the interior in whilst getting it resprayed, it was absolutely covered in paint, dust etc. so my mate kindly brought a wetvac round and my interior is back to almost brand new!

Replaced my thermostat and housing and stupidly thought i'd change the crack pipe also, what a nightmare that was! :mad:

Polished a bit on the exhaust tip. Went from black matt to shiny stainless ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.