Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Went to the car this morning after a little test drive yesterday to find a puddle of coolant on the garage floor! Doh! Looks like my aux pump is leaking and got a leak on my new alloy radiator neck, going to try some bigger washers later to clamp it down better as I can't tighten it anymore... Also ran VCDS through it and found I have a G68 vehicle speed sensor - no signal fault. Not sure if it's the sensor or an issue with my OBD2 conversion :(

Had my car machine polished with some new system from festool looks like red glass now:thumbleft:

VR6Pete - where you get the alloy rad neck?

Pat - how come youre selling mate?

It's a gruven parts one. But I am having some issues! I cant get it to seal properly, even with it as tight as I dare go, to the point the washers are starting to bite into the alloy it's still seeping out the side closest to the radiator fins! Even tried earlier with bigger washers and a new seal I had in the garage but still leaks! Anyone had similar issues or have any tips? I'm going try original neck tomorrow see how I get on!

Over the past 6 months:

Alpine flip screen media centre fitted

In pro fogs fitted

In pro angel eyes

In pro led rear lights

Milltek stainless steel cat back (the slightly f'd one on eBay been refurbished good as new)

SWG scuttle pannel sprayed fitted

Original grill fitted

Passenger door glass replaced (yesterday was realy easy)

Reversing cam fitted (can see low bollards now)

Head lineing re lined with leather imitation vinyal same as original colour (inc sun roof)

SAMCO hose fit fitted

---------- Post added at 7:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:22 AM ----------

Over the past 6 months:

Alpine flip screen media centre fitted

In pro fogs fitted

In pro angel eyes

In pro led rear lights

Milltek stainless steel cat back (the slightly f'd one on eBay been refurbished good as new)

SWG scuttle pannel sprayed fitted

Original grill fitted

Passenger door glass replaced (yesterday was realy easy)

Reversing cam fitted (can see low bollards now)

Head lineing re lined with leather imitation vinyal same as original colour (inc sun roof)

SAMCO hose fit fitted

Today I greased the spoiler mechanism as it had become noisy. I followed the guide on CCGB. It's now silent and smooth. It was actually quite simple :)

Hit my front wing with a rather large hammer resulting in cracked paint....

My G60 gearbox came today! Just need source bearings and deals then time to rebuild my spare VR6 box!

bcdd104e-0ef7-8e84.jpg

bcdd104e-14ed-e078.jpg

bcdd104e-1118-9fda.jpg

bcdd104e-1481-48d1.jpg

Polished and waxed the old girl and stripped the g60 box to extract the important bits :-)

took delivery of a few goodies - new VR6 rear badge, new number plate light unit and cover and new VDO gauges :D Now have quite a selection of bits waiting to be fitted! Just need to find some time...

Also removed the battery and put it on charge, but have a horrible feeling I've killed it :(