Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

oh thats nice what weight is it? how much did you have removed? g60?

i have just fitted this beauty looking forward to sats test drive!

tezet007_zpsd336693e.jpg

Put some fluid in my complete new brake and clutch system for the first time! Found a 10mm split in one of the rear lines though so I need to replace that!

Heat wrapped and refitted the Tezet today sounds much better (quieter) test drove with the new servo pipe connected much easier stopping the willwood 4 pots nearly chuck you through the screen!

sorry boys i bought the manifold on ebay.de from germany it was listed as a second and had a small dent on no 4 pipe which made it alot cheaper and was delivered within a week happy days (did have to sand the manifold down to fit it was very tight on no1 pipe)

Got this dual ss tailpipe installed since the borla came with a plain boring tailpipe.

( I actually noticed a significant sound difference)

u6aze5um.jpg

Edited by Blackslcchild

I spent the afternoon removing a field from around the filler neck area and then removed and repaired the tank vent valve

due to the fact that it was pressurizing and stopped the exhaust knocking!

Poured some seafoam in the gas tank and a little bit in the vacuum line to the tb. No smoke whatsoever. Is this normal or what? Didn't see any on startup and didn't see any while driving. Lol

This morning I had been expecting that by the end of today I would write that I had started the engine for the first time in almost two and a half years but I will have to be happy with "tried to start the engine"!

I did however get my new short shift (daves16v) gear lever fitted along with a fuel filter, oil filter, oil, coolant and power steering fluid all before I found that the fuel pump has died. Recently I have had the Koni coilover dampers refurbished, bought loads of new parts ready for a final push at getting it back on it's wheels and am now just waiting for koni to make me a pair of front springs.....currently ordered early December and promised for the end of February, after which the rest of the front end can bolt together and it can head for the body shop!

All in small steps though, soon I will write that I started the engine for the first time in almost two and a half years!

Had an exciting one today! Went in for annual service before MOT - was losing a little oil now and then and suspected I might have cracked my (24v, alloy) sump when I hit a particularly huge pothole in London a while back. I persuaded one of the guys from the machine shop at work to weld a 2.5mm plate onto the base and front of a regular steel sump so took that and a fresh gasket with me. The guys don't mind me wandering in and out of the workshop - good chance to give me some abuse about the bodywork - but I dipped in to find them scratching their heads and repeatedly trying and failing to fit my plated sump - it just wasn't going over the oil pump pickup. I was convinced it was game over after seeing the huge front-to-back weeping crack in the 24v sump once it was on the lift, but by weird coincidence they'd just broken a Mk2 Golf with a VR conversion in (loom fire...) so they nipped out back and came back with a brand new R32 sump and matching short oil pump! Now it sits neatly flush with my gearbox, perfectly in line with the subframe :thumbleft:

I was thoroughly confused until looking at the part numbers afterwards - for some reason I had a 24v oil pump fitted, which was too deep for the regular steel sump to fit...

I was glad of the extra ground clearance later on, as when swapping my suspension over (the other job that needed doing) they set the ride height so low that my wings take strips off the tyres every time I go over a bump...now I need to reset it all and hope the tracking stays close. Annoying but the dump and pump only cost me £80 so I think I did OK!

Stone

Felt quite revitalised by the sunshine today so spent a bit of time just fiddling with the car. Gave the interior a hoover and dust, and also gave the seats a going over with the Autoglym interior shampoo - has made them look a bit less tired! Discovered passenger front footwell was wet (which probably explains why my car steams up so much) so had the passenger door card off to inspect the membrane (perfect) and then also cleared out a tonne of leaves and muck from under the scuttle cover.

Lastly a silly little job I've meant to do for a while - the black plastic wheel nut covers for my BBS solitudes have been bleached white from the acid wheel cleaner used at my local hand car wash. So had them all off the car, cleaned, and then gave them a couple of coats of a matt black spray paint from Halfords advertised as a bumper trim spray. Has done a pretty nice job and made them look how they're supposed to again :) May well look to source new ones in the future as and when I get my Solitudes off the car and off for a refurb. Would really like to get Speedlines on the car some time this year!

Wish I had a few days off work and a guarantee of a bit more sunshine as I feel I could happily carry on with this little DIY session :)

Started it for the first time since April 2011......bit rattly at first, power steering pump whining etc but all quietened after about ten minutes. Result!!!

Ebay USA. @£48 all in inc shipping and import tax. Are for a saab 900 1990 but the numbers x - reference with the vw replacement lense. Seen for $13 each. Ebay link has gone but on there if you search.

Finally sorted the water coming in the car. New door membrane fitted. Used the correct sealant this time, result.

Today I had a day off from work and used the time productively. :-Du6amutup.jpgderu5uqe.jpg

Reconned my starter, fitted my fogs (lenses), aux heater pump fixed and treated to a set of plugs. . . . . And still not done half the stuff I wanted!!!