Yandards

Yandards' 16VG60 - Running Report 23 Jul 15

Well I have finally got round to taking some photos of my car so here are a couple for your enjoyment.

Edited by Yandards

Looking good there - are they RM's ?? How do you find your Konigs for noise mate ?? I've just fitted some and find the car vibrates alot even with my 15" rims on.

Yeah they are RM's - I do thing they look the mutts on the VW's of this period. Konigs are not too bad, but on some of the B roads around here it can get very noisy and jarring.

Thanks for all the positive comments, might get off my arse and put all the pieces I have together to make a G60 16v!

Thats a bit cheeky Dave, its not that old! ;)

I suspect it may be one of the earliest RHD 16v in the country as the car was used as a demonstrater for a dealer for as year before being bought by its previous owner.

Quality Spec as its the same as Mine splits an all :-)

Mine too was a 'demonstrator' (directors wifes car)

understated with its old dealer plates too

A bonnie motor

chubbz

Few more pics of the engine under construction - still waiting on two bolts from VAG that hold the water pump on and then have a threaded section to hold the charger bracket on.

Belt routing pic has been modded since I took it after some advice from the club Gti guys who are doing/have done this conversion.

Pfft, you could have at least cleaned your damned garage before taking the pics, Yan :lol:

Looking good 8)

I am getting the splits blasted and painted by some guys at work and then rebuilding them myself.

Found a guy on german e-bay that does chrome bolts to TUV spec for about £7.50 for 10 delivered. When I get the wheels back I was going to e-mail and ask how much for the job lot of 120.

Still works out cheaper than the £1 a shot that I can find over here.

Be moving up near you soon Chubby so you could always have a look!

Be moving up near you soon Chubby so you could always have a look!

On the move eh Yan?

(( engine looks very good indeed...long time coming, but Rome wasn't built in a day! ))