A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

:cry: Don't think its going to be ready for GTi festival. Broken part of the dash, if any one has the section which the centre airvents/stereo/cig lighter fits into going spare please give me a shout.

Well, maybe the cover will be off next weekend :( Booked another day off work to try to get it rollin' again.

Lee that looks like a Boxster your parked next to. It would have been interesting to see the comparison on width. The boxster looks as if it is on bigger wheels as well.

I tell you what, all this teasing this had better be damn good and innovative. :) :mad:

I'm getting fustrated with it myself. Believe me i want to show the pics of the exterior but everyone who seen the build pics and the car in the metal have said you really need to see it. Plus interiors still not in due to a few problems with modifying the dash which is the main reason for the car not being shown this weekend at planned. The aim of the car is to be highly modified but really classy.

Heres a preview of my wheels :wink: Now on!! No short cuts here, the wheels are polished inside and out, even the bit covered by the tyre. Bit anal, but it's aways disappointing when you see polished wheels on a car and when you take a closer look they look minging inside.

I tell you what, all this teasing this had better be damn good and innovative. :) :mad:

Indeed.

Bit of a patience tester...

I really like those wheels! Is that an Alsatian in the shot? Does he/she like the wheels too?

That my dog Bruno, he's a fawn Great Dane.

Very nice wheels Lee....had a feeling you had the same ones....great minds think alike eh!

Well i did say i was keeping the theme of my car the same, just turning it into the car it should have been if i'd had the money 4 years ago when i had to settle for the split rim look porsche wheels. On a plus side you'll love yours, its the ultimate corrado wheel IMO and looks miles better than in the pic as you probably know. They looked amazing even with painted centres. I had a smile ear to ear when i opened the box for the first time.

The rado looks as wide as the Boxster, possibly wider.

The boxster is my brother's, its on 10x18's. Carrera RS style splitties. My C looks wider but think is probably an illusion due to the stance of the car. Rear lights should be with you tomorrow. Thanks :!:

Your gonna hate me for this :oops: , I've just picked my dash up from MJ's and he wants to put a plush carpet in sooo the car will make its first appearance at Tatton (VWNW) on MJ's stand. Promise its worth the wait.

PhatVR6, do you want me to stick the no. plate panel in the post or do you want to call over for it?

I'm pretty sure you'll have your pictures of your car up before me thou, so thats kinda pissed on my fireworks!! :roll: :roll:

Who you getting to do your arch work to squeeze them under? I can give you my bodyshop's number if you like. Maybe a bit of a trek but worth it as you don't have to worry about the finished result not being up to par.

Been too busy to give a progress report for the last fortnight. But really getting there now. New dash is in, matrix repaired, still a little head scratching to do with the front seats but MJ's gettting there. Carpet people are holding me up now but still on track for Tatton (VWNW) at the moment. New pic of the Alpina527 bigbore throttlebody below. Bit special :)

Alpina527 bigbore throttlebody below. Bit special

Is that chromed or polished?

Alpina stripped it down, bored it out and sent it to me. I smoothed out all the casting marks and part numbers etc and polished it. It was then masked in copper tape in the critical area's and then chrome plated. Got it back after about a month (sorry about that Ian) then sent it back to alpina527 for rebuilding who then sent it back to me complete and i just added a brand new dashpot. As you can probably tell, i've put some mega hours into my C and i've had some brilliant input from many of the V-Dub traders.

Wonder how long itll stay that clean for :?

the old TB was very clean when i took it off. very surprised after 90k