CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

what were your reasons for selling rado?

i like the preludes, almost got the earlier model, but kept finding ropey ones

Nice choice, 4WS rocks!! :D

I bought an older ('88) model p00lude about a year and a half ago to travel to italy and back, and it was amazing - never had a car that handled so well, it goes around corners like nothing else :lol: So much fun, especially on mini roundabouts :wink:

I never thought much of them before, but I've got lots of respect for them now. Must buy another one day, but I'll never sell the Corrado :)

Thanks, guys. They are vastly underrated imho. Looks good with the Motegi kit, too 8)

Reason for selling was the constant bills with the C. I've had 3 Civics- all a similar age/performance to the Lude, and didn't get stung with a single unexpected bill ever on any of them! The VR was actually quite reliable, but still surprised us with regular bills- mainly replacement of worn items etc. We are expecting our second child in August. My wife works one day a week, and will soon go down to zero, which means 2 kids, big mortgage, 2 cars etc all on my teacher's wage. Absolutely cannot afford any unexpected bills now, as we barely break even every month as it is. May have to lose the Lude next year and go down to one car. We'll see how it goes. Don't want to grumble too much- I've owned 7 Corrados in the last few years, and we're still lucky enough to have two nice cars. There ya go!

:notworthy: Don't listen to the haters Cazza, that's a quality motor! I looked at those ludes a few years back when they were still about £4k.

Absolutely love the shape :clap: :salute:

Aqua, Datsuns are pre-Nissan but almost!

Very tidy looking car - will start to look out for ya. Bring it round next week so I can have a closer look.

You won't want to go back to a non air conned C after this 8)

Don't look back , well of course with those fancy parking sensor thingy's you won't need to now :lol:

Thanks Vaughan, Dave, Jon, 3Corsa, JoeBloggs for the positive and constructive comments! :salute:

Vaughan, yeh, I'll pop over next week sometime :)

Looks alright mate, colour is pretty cool too.

Don't quite understand the anti-other-marque-other-than-VAG on this forum sometimes. It's not like the corrado is known for it's amazing reliability, is it???

I'm sure No.8 is out there waiting for you though :)

Cheers Tom. Yeh, it's a lovely colour. Wanted a black one, but they were all tiptronic :roll:

Yep, no. 8 is definately out there somewhere ;) Will be a while though :(

Good to meet you the other day! :) Unfortunately, the guy buying my C wants the anthracite Speedies :(

Yeah, was good to meet up, no worries on the wheels, I've been trying to find someone to shotblast my current ones, what paint did you use on yours btw?

I'll try to actually turn up to one of the SW meets one day, I assume you'll still attend?

Yep, I'll be along :)

I used Rover Gunmetal Metallic. Looked at a few colours, and this one seemed just right :)

Cool

I should have looked at them a bit harder tbh. pictures don't seem to show the colour properly for some reason. Think I'll get a bit of it and try, if I don't like it won't take much to respray them again.

Yeh, just get in there and give it a go. Take your time, and they'll look good :)

Looks like a cracker mate. Would love a passenger ride in it when I see you next - never been out in one of those! :)

Until recently I had an Integra type R, miles better than the Corrado in just about every respect. Had a couple of Civics before that, never ever ever had anything other than service parts replaced on any of the three.

I don't think there are many mechanical parts on my Corrado that haven't been replaced over the five years/80k of ownership (although I still love it more than any other car i've owned :scratch: ). Your reasons for changing cars are totally spot on, and good luck with it all Cazza.

4 wheel steering is the weirdest thing ever - it feels like the backend is sliding on ice, but it a controlled way, it's bloomin amazing, all cars should have it! :lol:

You can turn into corners really late, and the car makes it without a problem. I don't think honda do 4ws cars anymore due to cost..

Here's an interesing read :wink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Prelude

"In 1987, Road & Track published a test summary that shows the 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4WS out slalomed every car of that year, including all Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches. It went through the slalom at 65.5 mph (105.4 km/h), an amazing result for the time. For reference, the 1988 Corvette took the same course at 64.9 mph (104.4 km/h)."

..but then again, Corvettes don't do corners :lol:

My old Prelude took me to Italy and back over a week, thats over 2000 miles without a single problem. Didn't need any water and didn't lose a drop of oil! The car was 20 years old..!!

Nice car Andy, i know a few people who have Preludes and they have been cracking cars...

It's not like the corrado is known for it's amazing reliability, is it???

I reckon, on the average day out, 1 in 6 Corrados will break down :) Now how did I arrive at the data for that little stat???

It has to be said, i've had lots of Corrados (even more than Mr Cazza! :eek: ) of all flavours and have covered thousands of miles over 5-6 years in them and have never been let down once, I really dont view them as un-reliable cars as they've been fantastic to me. Allthough my priority has allways been reliablity over performance and that's where my money has been spent, i've still not spent masses in maintainance :smug:

My theory with every car i've ever owned (and that's ALOT! :lol:) is look after it and it'll look after you :camp:

Nice colour prelude, whats the interior like? I rememeber having a go in a J reg one and the dashboard was like something out of a spaceship compared to most other cars of the era! 8)

It's not like the corrado is known for it's amazing reliability, is it???

I reckon, on the average day out, 1 in 6 Corrados will break down :) Now how did I arrive at the data for that little stat???

I think I know where that stat came from :?

Like Walesy I have been very lucky with day to day reliability - owned a C for about 12 years now and driven well over 100,000 miles (which is probably > 5000 individual journeys) and only twice had to call breakdown assistance - one was my own stupid fault for leaving the oil filler cap off and the other was a cambelt failure on the valver the day before it was due to be replaced :bad-words:

I know I'm tempting fate here so I'd just like to add I've never won the lottery :lol:

I think Andy's point is that the regularity with which things (probably non critical to a particular journey) break, wear or need replacing makes it difficult to budget for with any surety.

It might also be worth mentioning that i've never had one with a broken sunroof or spoiler :smug: :lol:

I think Andy's point is that the regularity with which things (probably non critical to a particular journey) break, wear or need replacing makes it difficult to budget for with any surety.

Exactly, Vaughan- you've hit the nail on the head ;)

Only time I broke down in a C was when I ran out of petrol :roll:

Thanks for the nice comments, guys- makes me feel a little better about having to lose the C 8)

Walesy, the interior is OK, if a little bland... plenty of toys though 8)

ps- Dave & Vaughan, which C broke down then? :?