CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Phil K, you've got to keep your C- you've put soooo much work into it!

Bojmobile, yeh I'm liking CazzaVR :)

NickVR6, cheers mate- can't wait to get my hands on it!

Son of a Beesting, cheers matey. So frustrating not being able to drive it, isn't it?!

Here's another pic 8)

Bojmobile, whaddaya mean? Just a standard plate.

Wheels are 17"- will probably change them for some 16s at some stage. Love Speedlines too, so may opt for them.

Very nice, dragon greens really grown on me since we bought ours. That tailgate you asked M15 VW about is fine by the way, no rot or dings. You dont fancy some porsche cup reps to go with it do you?

Gav, one step at a time matey! ;) I'll prob have to stick with the Kahns for a bit tbh.

Tailgate sounds good- will let you know for definate after I've picked the car up. Is it easy to remove/replace?

Andy,

Before you go buying that tailgate check the paint code. I had a look on the sticker in the boot and the code refers to 'Green Pearl Effect', Dragon Green is a different code.

LC6V - Green Pearl Effect

LC6P - Dragon Green Pearl Effect

Dave

Cheers Dave! Hard to tell from photos- Green pearl is the same as my old 16v.

Sorry Nik & Gav- looks like I won't need it after all!

When I viewed it, it looked a lot like my old Classic Green 16v so just to put my mind at rest I checked it out and then read this thread. If you zoom into the photo of the sticker all becomes clear.

Finally got it yesterday! Well pleased :)

However, there's always a catch :roll: It's developed a misfire. Because of this it doesn't like a cold start, and won't hold idle until warm. Has also cut out a couple of times. Worst thing though, is the bonnet release won't work, so I can't even see if the coil pack/leads are sparking, or check the MAF. Tried all the tricks in the Wiki, but it won't budge. Will have to take it to a garage. Good start eh?

Anyway, done my first mods (pics below).

Other mods for the near future:

ARZ Tuning tails

Chome VR6 grille badge

Detailed headlights

Painted calipers- they're a horrible light blue colour at the mo'. Black or red?

get it plugged into VAG-COM Andy...............sounds like its a temp sensor gone,as for the caliper colour I'd go black more subtle

get some more pics up tho especially the interior :wink: ..............looking good so far

Tend to agree with you Rodders- think I'll go with black. I'll hopefully get it plugged in tomorrow sometime.

I'll get some more pics up soon.

Dave, yeh it's taken a while!

Jim, you're entering a world of pain ;) Nice avatar.

I really don't think it's anything serious- just needs a good service etc. I'm hoping anyway!

Gimmie a shout if you end up coming back up to Stealth to get any work done mate. I live 8 miles from there and would love to meet up for a beer / nose around the car :)

Nice to see its arrived CazzaVR, couple of teething problems wont stop your enjoyment im sure!!

Caliper wise black is good or id say silver.

Good luck for getting it sorted and have some fun!!

Jim, you're on mate. If my local guy can't sort it, I'll be off to Stealth. Would be good to meet up.

Goldie, cheers matey. Gonna go with black - pretty sure I've got a tin of Hammerite in the garage ;)

Andy, nice car, guess you just couldn't resist more power....

definately go for some 16's, bbs splits would be cool, pricey and a pain to clean though!!

my vr is good, i've been really s8*t at posting pics though, done a few bits, bit of colour coding, lupo wipers, swg scuttle cover, removed rear wiper and side mouldings, de-baged grill, MK4 rear brakes and lots of polishing!!. The plan for summer (after the cr@p weather) is smoothed rear bumper with hidden pipe and coilovers to sit it over my Porsche D90s which need a refurb. Will prob' post a few pics then when it's not looking like a 4X4!!

good luck with yours mate.

Hi matey! Yeh, couldn't resist :) Was a real bargain too. Sounds like you've done a lot to yours! I've got Koni coilovers on mine, and I'd thotoughly recommend them- not too firm at all.