Sign in to follow this  
andy_vw

Uprated headlight wiring looms

Put me down for the fist group though...

:shock:

Ah wrong forum! :lol: (amended my smelling pishtake now!)

That is a possibility - Who would be up for this? Groups of 5 or 10 would be ideal...?

Cheers,

Andy.

Andy, I'd think the fairest way to do it would be to ask those who were first in the queue before, assuming you still have that information. I think I must have been reasonably high up the list :lol: , although I don't know how near you got to me.

Do you still have those records? It would be useful to post the list of names in their order so that people could judge whether to wait or try to do it themselves.

Also, it might be an idea to take orders for the parts lists (i.e. a DIY kit), or if somebody organised bulk buying of these parts for those who want to do it themselves. I'd imagine that if everyone went off and bought the parts individually, then it might be more costly.

Andy, I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but what I think would be brilliant, if you have the time to do it, would be an illustrated, detailed 'how to' on making your own loom following your design with links to suppliers for individual components and basic best practice construction advice.

That way anyone who wants to make their own loom can have a crack at it with good basic instructions to follow and it should reduce some of the demand on you. Most of the info on the web relates to Golfs etc which use basic H4 connectors, so I think a 'how to' for the Corrado would fill a gap. As you know, it's more complicated because of the headlight plug arrangement.

I'd do it myself, but I'm not really an electrical engineer and I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. But if you wanted to cooperate on it, I'm a journo and quite good at making other people's information accessible.

Anyhow, the offer's there, if you're interested, drop me a PM some time :)

Yep, I will be up for that... I'll combine the installation instructions with the build instructions & post it here.

Cheers,

Andy.[/quote:3s46tzxv]

That's be good. Like said, let me know if there's anything I can do to help

Cheers

Jon

Andy, I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but what I think would be brilliant, if you have the time to do it, would be an illustrated, detailed 'how to' on making your own loom following your design with links to suppliers for individual components and basic best practice construction advice.

That way anyone who wants to make their own loom can have a crack at it with good basic instructions to follow and it should reduce some of the demand on you. Most of the info on the web relates to Golfs etc which use basic H4 connectors, so I think a 'how to' for the Corrado would fill a gap. As you know, it's more complicated because of the headlight plug arrangement.

I'd do it myself, but I'm not really an electrical engineer and I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. But if you wanted to cooperate on it, I'm a journo and quite good at making other people's information accessible.

Anyhow, the offer's there, if you're interested, drop me a PM some time :)

Yep, I will be up for that... I'll combine the installation instructions with the build instructions & post it here.

Ive not read the whole 15 pages but are these the 4 relay dipped and main type looms and what was the cost?

As you say you cant afford to do them, buying the materials etc, what if we sent the money before you had built them that way you can get them built to order basically, we pay you the money, you buy and build the looms then send them out, all of course if you have the time?

That is a possibility - Who would be up for this? Groups of 5 or 10 would be ideal...?

Cheers,

Andy.[/quote:3wyw53ou]

Hi Andy,

Count me in for one of the groups of 5-10. Given the excellent feedback in the past, I'm willing to front up some dosh on this. PM me if you want to let me know the details of where I send it.

if theres a list going i will go on it, but i don't wanna feel like we swamping andy with orders

must get a bit hetic :lol:

A 'posted' list is a great idea - hopefully my name will be there somewhere, having shown interest in getting one of these looms in this thread a number of times.

According to this thread, the order of people asking to go on the list is:

Dub_nut_g60

ReekieVR

daves16v

A-J

Goldie

TheWizardofOdds

vwdeviant

filski

Son of a Beesting

Peakz

skinnyman9000

RADO.001

keithabc216v

Mr Sands

shaung60

vr-man

jam1n

ving60

Mark_Storm

nzgti

RichieSounds

2_Door_fun

ziderapple

G60SC_Stoney

blue95

mattman g6o

stormchaser

grimmy

stevef182

John-M

mattnorgrove

DanVW

oxfordpaul

DelMonty

Mark_Storm

lj16v

CazzaVR

Kaktus

mic_VR

Ginger69

vornwend

storm_warning (god damnit, I thought I would be higher than this!!!)

Mystic Rado

insomniak

pbradley98

nzgti

Yash

drunkenmunkey

ace666

Toad

mbaker8v

chichee

aclwalker

j16jrf

Dan_Storm

fla

MK1Campaign

morganirl

DeanTT

monzablau16v

John-M

12 DEG BEN

bigchagg

rolex

Critical_Mass

ProdigalSon

3corsameal

TrentSC

Jon_vr6

junkie

There may well be some duplication in that list since a number of poeple have asked to go on the list on more than one occasion and I may have missed it when reviewing before clicking submit. Quick count - 70 requests.

I can come off the list as I got mine fitted by Andy back in the Spring. :) Totally satisfied customer.

My list looks like this:

ReekieVR

Oxfordpaul (fitted)

daves16v

A-J

Goldie

TheWizardofOdds

vwdeviant

Son of a beesting

skinnyman9000

RADO.001

keithabc216v

Mr Sands

shang60

vr-man

jam1n

ving60

Mark-storm (fitted at local meet)

nzgti

RichieSounds

2_door_fun

ziderapple

G60SC_stoney

blue95

mattman g60

stormchaser

grimmy

stevef182

dub_nut_g60

mattnorgrove

DanVW

John-M

DelMonty

lj16v

CazzaVR

kaktus

mic_vr

Ginger69

Vornwend (fitted at local meet)

storm_warning

MysticRado

insomniak

pbradley98

Yash

drunkenmunkeyace666

mbaker8v

chichee

aclwalker

j16jrf

Dan_storm

fla

MK1Campaign

morganirl

DeanTT

monzablau16v

John-M

12 DEG BEN

bigchagg

rolex

Critical_Mass

ProdigalSon

3corsameal

TrentSC

Jon_vr6

junkie

etc

Andy.

bloody hell that is one long old list, talk about people happy to see a solution to the standard lighting! :lol:

Andy, how would you feel about sourcing all the parts and writing up full instructions and then just selling it as a complete kit that people can build themselves?

I think the hardest part for people is sourcing all the connectors etc so if you have the ability to build a kit i'm sure people would be happy to just put it all together. I know I would, and I'm happy to send money for you to buy the parts as others have suggested

Top 12 have been Pm'ed regarding pay-up-front, get loom in 2 weeks option...

Cheers,

Andy

Andy to keep things "in the open" as it were...

I'll be happy to pay upfront, will have to be end of the month/payday though...

just been catching up on the news on these and I have no probs sending you the money up front...

Like andy has said on a few occasions that he wont be making much money on these, I have no probs adding an extra £5 or so on the to the cost. After all he is doing most of us a favour by making these in his own time...

Like andy has said on a few occasions that he wont be making much money on these, I have no probs adding an extra £5 or so on the to the cost. After all he is doing most of us a favour by making these in his own time...

i hear that!!! 8) 8)

Right... I now have enough people to make up the next batch - I'll pm people later to request payment etc... :)

Andy.

Would it be possible to be added to the list please?

Im after the 4x4 plug in and play option.

No rush.

reading from what i can see as last post they are still available, very interested as my headlights are gash! would be an ideal oppertunity to change my bulbs while im at it i suppose :D

Any word?

Not heard anything from Andy since he PM'd me.... Any of the "chosen few" seen theirs yet?

My PM from Andy said he'd be sending them out this week...