Sign in to follow this  
Mancorr

Secret computer!

This worked on my 91 Golf GTI 16v and works on my 90 1.8 16v Corrado but dont know if it will work on VR6's or G60's. Im sure it will on all Valvers though!

With key in the ignition hold the MFA button in with the slider on 1. Start the car then turn off then re-start....secret computer is now activated! Look at the computer on the dash then press the MFA button. Instead of MPG and stuff like that you will now get a digital rev counter, vacum reading and other fun stuff...some stuff will stay the same like the time. Whilst the engine is still running put the MFA switch to 2 and more fun stuff, i dont know what it all means but different figures come up. Like i said its all done by holding the MFA button in whilst you turn the car on then off then back on again. I was told there is a digi speedo but i have not found it! The digi rev counter works great and looks good too! I showed Davidwort the other day, he was impressed! The secret computer will carry on working until the car is turned off, then it goes back to normal.

Its quite a useful function if you use the search there is a list of what all the different displays show. One shows the engine rpm, which is certainly quite useful if you've changed your dash clocks and havent put the needle in the right place. Cant remember what the rest are tho.

In position 1:

1 Engine map code

2 Country code

3 speedo drive ratio

4 upper rpm limit

5 lower rpm limit

6 deceleration fuel shut off pressure

7 segment test

In position 2:

1 Test sum of programmed bytes

2 intake mainfold vacuum/pressure

3 engine rpm

4 momentary fuel comsuption

5 signal from speed sensor

6 oil temperature

7 ambient temperature sensor

:cry: I thought i was the only one that knew.... i felt really clever for a few mins till the replies started coming in :oops:

I like the adjustable wiper, and the secret computer - but the hidden 'reliability mode' switch is the best one!

I would have thought David would have known that old chestnut..............its common knowledge on here

must be my lack of general co-ordination, i tried this years ago with the info from the C Club of America and never managed to get it to work, just assumed the early 16v's didn't have the function :lol:

mind you, things I did on my corrado 10 years ago have now left my brain 'homer style' as new things have had to go in :cuckoo:

How does the adjustable wiper time work then? Good thread this one!

it doesn't on an early 16v :lol: you need to replace relay no 19 with 91 from a later car, then it's the delay between switching the intermittent off then on again that sets the time delay, seems to work from about one second up to about 20.

Could be worse.. I only learned for the first time this weekend that the little flick switch under the rear view mirror dips it to stop bright lights on cars behind you..

Supercharged and Tempest thought it was hilarious.. I was just amazed i'd never seen or heard about that before!

I like the adjustable wiper, and the secret computer - but the hidden 'reliability mode' switch is the best one!

bugger, i never knew about any of these. :?

Could be worse.. I only learned for the first time this weekend that the little flick switch under the rear view mirror dips it to stop bright lights on cars behind you..

Supercharged and Tempest thought it was hilarious.. I was just amazed i'd never seen or heard about that before!

LOL! I can relate to that, first time I was driving I always complained about dazzling lights. Once a mate of mine who was a passenger at the time done something and I was like "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" and had ot pull over as I was shocked :lol:

But blimey Jim, 9 years!!!

Showed that to my housemate the other night after noticing how his face was nicely lit up. He thought it was some kind of vanity thing for women!

It's nice not to be completely blinded at night, eh Jim?

:lol: :lol: would of thought everyone knew about that!

Anyone found the button for Super Pursuit Mode?

Not yet, but when someone is behind me I do on occasion hold the engine about 4000rpm, pop the spoiler up, then floor it! :) Pretty sad but I find it entertaining.