mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Cheers guys.

Not sure, Sean. Still under some pressure to sell as it doesn't get used, and with a fresh ticket it's quite tempting.

Prices seem bad at the moment for anything non original and not low mileage, so might not be worth selling anyway. Plus Alexander would probably never speak to me again if I sell! :lol:

Passed the mot with flying colours!

Tester was very complimentary about its condition and ended up taking it for a run up the road, big smile when he got back.

Yay!

So he should be after all its a Corrado :D

There we go then. Decision made! He stays another year!

Haha, I like your optimism mate.

Dogma, I'm not sure the natural state of the corrado is being able to pass an mot or impress a mechanic. Think most of the time mechanics are swearing at them!

Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it and so on

I reckon a new set of wheels will help... Happy to take those old bbs off your hands ;)

Does look a cracking car, i sometimes feel like getting rid but know I'd regret it, probably why I'm a hoarder - don't need stuff but if I get rid I might need it.

Its 20 years of corrado next year isn't it? Hopefully there's a mass corrado meet and definitely not a time to get rid

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

30years in actual fact. Time flies..

Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it Boost it and so on

Hahahahaha

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Spa turbo manifold on ebay at the moment. Just saying Mic..........

:twisted:

24v one? Hmmmm

30years in actual fact. Time flies..

Ahh yes, I always think I'm 10 years younger than I actually am. It's 2008 next year right?

Agree with charging it, I reckon a small turbo on the 24v would bring back the vr6 kick you get at 3k ish, definitely something I miss with the 24v smooth torque curve

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So, as it was a beautiful day today I thought I would take old Mincy out for a run in the sunshine.

Open up the garage, disconnect the battery conditioner, go to start and.... nothing. No clicking, no trying and failing to start. Nothing.

It's never had an issue starting, always starts on the button usually and never had any indications of any potential issues such as ignition barrel or starter motor failing. I'm stumped.

Any ideas??

Ignition switch possibly? Has it ever been replaced?

Ignition on, out of gear and being careful! put 12V to the starter solenoid, if it winds over you have a an ign switch or wiring issue, if there's silence suspect the starter (both presuming the battery is indeed charged?).

Initially I thought ignition switch but it has none of the classic symptoms like starting whilst holding the key and then dying when you let go.

I'm going to try the starter motor today. I also notice from a quick look this morning that the ecu seems to be making a lot of noise. I hope it's nothing serious.

Are you getting any dashboard lights, ie the oil pressure warning or coolant ones?

Classic is there an immobiliser fitted question and if you have any of the stuff that lives on the X contact relay on (heater blower motor on)does it turn off when you go from 'run' to 'crank'.

Agree that the most likely thing is the ignition switch but its also worth pulling all the relays and giving them a tap to help free them if they are a bit sticky.

So I pulled the relays, can't see anything obvious, checked the starter motor etc and the wiring. Can't see any particular issues although the 24v motor does block a bit of access to the engine bay.

Bitten the bullet and purchased an ignition switch from VW. Will try that tonight....