mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

No, but I'm not getting anything at all. If it was the starter I'd expect at least a click from the solenoid so I'd discounted that.

I'll give that a whack as well.

I'm hoping not. I'm useless with wiring so if it's something to do with the immobiliser it might be staying in the garage for a while! :lol:

So I changed the ignition switch last night, and we have a running car!

Not sure it was actually the switch though as I ended up pulling all the relay's at the same time and giving them a check over.

Either way.... it's working which is a bonus.

I'm still gonna go with ignition switch. And claim credit for suggesting it ;)

I'm still gonna go with ignition switch. And claim credit for suggesting it ;)

It's yours Jim, claim it! :lol:

Congrats Mic, glad if was nothing more serious. :thumbleft:

So am I mate. I was worried it was the immobiliser but after a bit of fiddling it starter a treat.

Bit of luck really as I had a test ride on a new motorbike on Saturday... maybe it got worried and decided to play ball!

Good news Mic, shame the weather now needs a canoe not a car so you can't drive it!

Haha! It was the old case of get it running then turn everything off and tuck it back up in the garage. I'll run it over the weekend if the weather improves. It needs a really good run.

Not running again.

If anyone would like a nice (ish) 24v converted rado please let me know.

Not running again.

If anyone would like a nice (ish) 24v converted rado please let me know.

damn it ive just brought new brakes mic!! ;) lol

seriously though, is it being troublesome? :(

damn it ive just brought new brakes mic!! ;) lol

seriously though, is it being troublesome? :(

Haha! It is being troublesome, yes...

It's got the same symptoms as before, so I guess it's immobiliser or starter. A call to Crazydave this morning suggests starter solenoid so I'll try that next.

The one good thing is that the weather is awful here today so at least I don't have to let it get wet....

Haha! It is being troublesome, yes...

It's got the same symptoms as before, so I guess it's immobiliser or starter. A call to Crazydave this morning suggests starter solenoid so I'll try that next.

The one good thing is that the weather is awful here today so at least I don't have to let it get wet....

bloomin gremlins - PITA as can end up chasing things around - good luck with it

the VR had a gremlin recently too & she tried to put the fear in me by looking like over pressurising but fortunately, i say that with gritted teeth lol, it was the matrix that let go so ive 2 dash's to take out this summer

im loving my 4 pots m8!! i dont travel on many highways lately so gave them a test yesterday at highway speeds, my word they slow you damn quickly - id bet you have eye ball marks on your windscreen with the AP's ;) PMSL

I maintain that alarms and immobilisers are more hassle than there worth. Im going to rip mine out when I get a chance.

I maintain engine conversions are harder to figure out problems. 12v it imo :lol:

I wish I'd retained the original engine. The 24v conversion is great, but if I could go back I should've just rebuild the 12v..... The wonder of hindsight, eh?

I maintain that alarms and immobilisers are more hassle than there worth. Im going to rip mine out when I get a chance.

I hate all wiring, which unfortunately means I'll probably not look at this again until I can get some help.

I'm not sure how the alarm is wired up but usually if its the alarm all the dash lights will be out on second turn of the key, I may be wrong though thats just how mine works. Does the throttle body do its adaption party trick noise?

Turning the ignition on I get lights on the dash, I can hear the fuel pump prime. Not sure on adaption but I can check that tonight.

Have a good look at the thin wire to the starter solenoid, mine broke off my MK4 Golf recently, the wire looked attached but it was only the weatherproof seal holding the wire into its socket and it fell to the floor on removal

After the discussion on FB the other day about the forum names/real names I thought I'd come on and see when I last updated Mincy's thread. 

Still alive, currently undergoing a refresh of the braking system and hopefully new rear beam, front crossmember, subframe etc. over winter. 

Hope you're all well. BRING BACK THE FORUM!! 🤣

Excellent, hopefully you come on here and share photos for us.

having started using Facebook for the CCGB only I don’t find it too good for build threads. This forum is way better for project cars.

I've been reading back through this thread.... man I talked some crap! 🤣

Feel a bit bad about how often I thought of selling up, but I'm feeling inspired to get him back to his best.

I'll sort some pics of how he currently stands and the work I'm trying to do