mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

So today was the last run out for Mincy for 2015. Now tucked up for winter, SORN'ed and at some point I need to make a decision as to what I am going to do with it.

Felt good taking it for a quick spin, after about 6 weeks of not using it, and feels very responsive in comparison to winter hack that's for sure...... presenting, the HMS Volvo! :lol:

IMG_20151010_181017.jpg

And a final evening shot before winter.... the old isn't looking too bad.

IMG_20151115_164315.jpg

The Volvo has a few redeeming features, but retro cool might be stretching it mate! :lol:

But definitely suits the profession.

pity the volvo isn't a T5-R flavour mic ;) lol

Yes a nice mellow yellow one... I sat in a que next to one getting into touring cars intothe 90's at thruxton... It was clarkson driving... Cool car at the time

Yes a nice mellow yellow one... I sat in a que next to one getting into touring cars intothe 90's at thruxton... It was clarkson driving... Cool car at the time

indeed m8. im not normally a fan of yellow cars but the T5-R with those grey flat six spoke alloys....mmmmm :)

maybe once I get my Rottweiler cause it can chill in the back lol

Lovely car and think those wheels are up there with my favourites on a Corrado

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

22 years old today!

Old boy doesn't seem in too bad shape...

ea61f7d7-d6ff-4e7c-b60e-88ce5d60a550.jpg

Is that going by the birth date (manufactured date) or date of baptism (date when registered in the UK)?

I know older vdubs you can get the build date / spec etc, can you get it for newer stuff too?

Cheers guys. Appreciated.

Dox, I'm going on first registered in uk. Not sure what his actual manufacture date is unfortunately

Started the old boy today, but couldn't take him out for a run. All seemed fine, up to temp ok and no funny noises..... not bad for being sat for 5 months.

Going to change the abs sensor this weekend and get him booked in for an mot. Under pressure from the missus to sell as I never use it so going to drag him out of hibernation slightly earlier this year to see if the love comes back and I use it more.

I reckon a new set of wheels will help... Happy to take those old bbs off your hands ;)

Does look a cracking car, i sometimes feel like getting rid but know I'd regret it, probably why I'm a hoarder - don't need stuff but if I get rid I might need it.

Its 20 years of corrado next year isn't it? Hopefully there's a mass corrado meet and definitely not a time to get rid

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Come visit me if you need an excuse to get out!

That is a great idea! We should sort a day and meet up.

I reckon a new set of wheels will help... Happy to take those old bbs off your hands ;)

Does look a cracking car, i sometimes feel like getting rid but know I'd regret it, probably why I'm a hoarder - don't need stuff but if I get rid I might need it.

Its 20 years of corrado next year isn't it? Hopefully there's a mass corrado meet and definitely not a time to get rid

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the generous offer on the wheels... I'll think about it! :lol:

I'd be gutted if it did have to go, and it would definitely be the last resort.

You're right, it must be a big celebration next year... wonder what might get planned...

Passed the mot with flying colours!

Tester was very complimentary about its condition and ended up taking it for a run up the road, big smile when he got back.

Yay!

Tester was very complimentary about its condition and ended up taking it for a run up the road, big smile when he got back.

Yay!

whop whoop!

Yay!

:thumbleft: