zak

blackberry vr... 17" rs199's

Thanks and Leon the 0.5" lips have their own appeal, i love how far they roll back on themselves. The 301's with 0.5" lips on the grounded car were real sweet

TimsMK2.jpg

I saw your car at Ed38. It was looking awesome.

I absolutely loved your car on the ZW1s but the BBS look awesome.

Thanks again guys, the 8 holes have now gone to a good home i just took the opportunity to run them while i was carrying out my refurb. RS's are for keeps and will be the last thing to go when i decide to sell the car. They are not as bad to maintain as it seems and the drive on them is really good, much better than most other 17's as they are quite a light wheel.

As for the car its on 190k now as it’s my main car, the front end was resprayed a few years ago but the rest of the paint is factory. When I first got the car I had all the small dents taken out by a local paint less dent removal guy and stone chips or scratches were touched up, flatted back with wet and dry then machine polished back up by my brother who’s handy with a makita rotary polisher. The paintwork is more than presentable and is in a lot better condition than most other corrados with even half the mileage. No rust, straight panels and clean paintwork. The front drivers side bumper bracket has broken so the alignment of the bumper to the wing on that side is currently out but i have a replacement bracket to fit which will resolve the issue.

I was sick of the gold myself, the silvers nice and discreet so doesn't draw as much attention when i'm driving about. The silver rs's on my car are my merc ones i have run along, they have a slightly higher offset than 301's which mean i can run them as 8's and have them nicely inside the arches. The 301's i had were sold some time ago and should appear on a nice Irish corrado at some point :)

I liked em in gold but agree they are even better in silver. I think they would look even better with the chrome look BBS centre caps.

Was sorely tempted by the RS301's but alas could not afford them at the time :(

Zak how do u drive it that low on 17s? My newly acquired 17x7.5 (et35) lm reps are giving me grief, my car sits a little lower than urs but i dont get more than half lock and it scrubs on the arch liner when stationary let alone when im moving lol. Have u taken the liner out? Need a solution asap or im going to have to raise it tommorow lol.

Ground clearance after 16s on 195/40s is nice though! :lol:

Thanks again

Jon catch us up at a meet/show, maybe players?

Abdul if you're tucking you have to chop part of the arch liner from the - position where it meets the arch. What tyres are you running? pm me if you want more info. The extra ground clearance on 17's is just whats needed on a daily 8)

Thanks again

Abdul if you're tucking you have to chop part of the arch liner from the - position where it meets the arch. What tyres are you running? pm me if you want more info. The extra ground clearance on 17's is just whats needed on a daily 8)

pm'd...

ZAK mate cars is lookin tip top as always, need your bro to polish mine :D lol as you paint looks lovely and deep what is menzerna final finish????? ohh and first class job on the RS's btw

cheers

chris

My bros still a student so can manage cars on the side when he has time :)

Menzerna is a final stage paint correction polish used on a pad with a rotary or DA polisher. Theres some info in the link below or you can go on detailing world and there will be loads of info on it. In a nutshell you use final finish once you have taken the main swirls out the paint allready, it has minimal cut and has diminishing particles that break down as you work the polish and used correctly leaves the paint like glass.

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/menzerna.html

Orange peel aside on the rear quarter panels i find that the corrado's have excellent paint from factory that you can detail to a glossy deep finish.

Aye as it looks like Westside's off the list again this year as the out-laws are over from DK ... :(

I'll be on/ near the Nomads stand come find me.. if I'm not about get one of the guys to give me a shout!