Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

Looking very nice! Makes such a difference with everything painted up and looking fresh. :notworthy:

Go on, get the fronts on, or I'll have to only take close up pictures at the back :lol:

Not a chance mate, been told to leave it alone! so hopefully get them on for harewood next weekend :grin:

Working Wednesday evening till late and Thursday afternoon (shop half day closing...) and all is done for the front end.

More :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: to Kip

Think that might be the last work he does on mine for a while as he has a new toy to give his attention to.Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdf1.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]Book1.pdf2.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf3.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]ETKA Corrado.pdf4.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf5.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]Corrado92.pdf6.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf7.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf8.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf9.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]10.jpg[/attachment:1gm5j1q6]

lovely stuff,

are the rears standard corrado ones or mk4 golf ones?

where did you buy the rubber boots that cover the slider bolts?

lovely stuff,

are the rears standard corrado ones or mk4 golf ones?

where did you buy the rubber boots that cover the slider bolts?

All brake parts are standard VAG bits from dealers, the boots are too! still available and around £10 a kit which is enough for one caliper ie includes 2 boots, 2 bolts and some lube to put it all back together with. :salute:

so Kip was helping out with your car again even though it had already bitten him once! :salute: good to see that the arm is on the mend though!

brakes look briiliant now, top work! :D

Lol! Cheers Fay, am realy chuffed about them too if i'm honest i was dredding bleeding them after reading so much about it on here but it went like a dream using the Gunsons Easi Bleed Kit! :D all for less than £20 too :grin:

Lol! Cheers Fay, am realy chuffed about them too if i'm honest i was dredding bleeding them after reading so much about it on here but it went like a dream using the Gunsons Easi Bleed Kit! :D all for less than £20 too :grin:

How did you find sealing the Easi-Bleed cap to your brake resovoir?

I did mine up, pressure tested first (no leaks) and then added fluid and got on with opening each nipple in turn.

Only when I'd finished did i realise it had dribbled fluid from the where the cap screws on all over that side of the engine bay :mad2:

It was screwed on pretty tight too....

How did you find sealing the Easi-Bleed cap to your brake resovoir?

I did mine up, pressure tested first (no leaks) and then added fluid and got on with opening each nipple in turn.

Only when I'd finished did i realise it had dribbled fluid from the where the cap screws on all over that side of the engine bay :mad2:

Kip says he found it spot on and not a dribble [ooh err] but tried a couple of the seals first to try it without fluid in but also says he pushed the seal right into the top cap with a slotted screw driver :|

Too tight then mate! I did the same a while back, tbh they are good kits but really only meant to be used a couple of times and the seals go after a bit, I called Gunsons and they sent me another 2 new ones out and i've not had any more probs, I also bleed at a much higher pressure than they say - 20-30PSI and as Kip said, no probs at all bleeding ABS or non ABS cars / clutches etc... just wish they'd make a heavy duty kit for about £50 which held more fluid / longer hose etc

Great work Mr Kippax, it's nice knowing it's all brand new and your not going to have to hit that area of the car again for a while! 8)

Too tight then mate! I did the same a while back, tbh they are good kits but really only meant to be used a couple of times and the seals go after a bit, I called Gunsons and they sent me another 2 new ones out and i've not had any more probs, I also bleed at a much higher pressure than they say - 20-30PSI and as Kip said, no probs at all bleeding ABS or non ABS cars / clutches etc... just wish they'd make a heavy duty kit for about £50 which held more fluid / longer hose etc

Great work Mr Kippax, it's nice knowing it's all brand new and your not going to have to hit that area of the car again for a while! 8)

Talk about irony, thought i'd do my VR brakes too as a pre Germany thing and had quite a bit of trouble getting a good seal on the actual bottle and cap, so dried off the fluid on the rubber seal and all contact areas and that did the trick.

As steve says if its too tight it just pushes the rubber out of the way rather than sealing onto it, but the temptation is to do it up tight so try easing off on the cap tightness a little!

Steve, Yep always good to know you have done something usefull and you wont need to do it again for a while! they'll probably last 5 or 6 years too so better keep checking the front and rear guide pins dont seize with only little use :grin:

Agree a slightly more industrial version would come in handy, wonder if its possible to make one :norty: i also tried it at around 28 psi instead of the 20 they recomend. I also press on the brake pedal a few times as the fluid is tricking out as it says to try that in the instuctions so gave it a whirl and found it helped flush out more old fluid! :?

Was8v -I looked at that but you need compressed air (which I have) but it appears to be a vacuum bleeder and not pressure unless i'm mistaken...

Had this delivered today. Can't wait to get polishing it :norty:

Big thanks to Fay / Scarlet_vr6 who told me where to get one and who also bought one to polish :wink:

:)

I know what it is... It's big and shiny and makes a rumble rather than a tinny vibration and there aren't many around any more.

Spot on.

I knew I could rely on you to rise to the thread

No worries... I know that it wil give you a lot of satisfaction, not least of all when you've got your hand in the back making it sparkle. Just glad you were able to get your hands on one just as you needed it.

Just glad you were able to get your hands on one just as you needed it.

Yeah my old one is well worn and a bit is broken.

Just hope this one fits as well as the last one of these I had.

Yeah my old one is well worn and a bit is broken.

Just hope this one fits as well as the last one of these I had.

I'm sure it'll slot in perfectly. Was just saying how neatly packaged it is, for such an impressive item.

Considering how nice it looks, it's a shame you can't really display it.

Considering how nice it looks, it's a shame you can't really display it.

Kip said it would look good hanging on the wall but I'm not sure what visitors would make of it.

Think I had better get it tucked away underneath where it belongs.

Had this delivered today. Can't wait to get polishing it :norty:

Big thanks to Fay / Scarlet_vr6 who told me where to get one and who also bought one to polish :wink:

:lol: yep, I'm looking forward to polishing mine too :norty:

just glad we managed to get hold of these 2 :D

Fay has posted a pic of hers too, and one of it without its covering.

I wouldn't have done if I'd spotted your thread first :lol: