Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

I wouldn't have done if I'd spotted your thread first :lol:

S'ok. I don't have any work colleagues to joke with but knew I could rely on Toad to play along....

I think we had taken it as far as it should go....and maybe a bit further !

So what is so good about the new one then? Educate me :)

The Magnex sound is as divine as can be :lol: and they look like new 6 years down the line too!

Cool.... I'm going on an extended holiday with work to build sand castles soon. Will treat myself when I come back I'll definately be treating myself to something along these lines!

Arrrghhh - Always park in gear regardless if it's on a hill or not!!!

Shame but at least you're ok and it's not the Storm...

Thats repairable but probably a write off in terms of economics, especially if the boot floor is bent...

Ah bum, bad luck.

Hopefully it'll be repairable but like Steve has already said, looks like a rightoff because of that rear panel.

cheers, I always do too. except today. got home from burselque practise, was a late finish so arrived home still in all the gear.... hoped no one would be about but 2 sets of neighbours and their children were outside so was in a bit of a 'flap' to get in the house...... and the rest you know.....

Hmmmmm.

If you want to buy her back and repair her I could cut some panels out for you to weld in...

I'd have another look in the morning - doesn't look too bad from the pics, I assume it his a post - the bumpers taken most ofthe force so it may be just new panel, bumper and spoiler... £1200's worth maybe but could be done much cheaper using second hand bits.

Oh Toad, you are too kind..... you are too busy with your own stuff..... I have lots of people with 8v or new very cheap VR6s working out what parts thay can have.....

I'm not rushing into a decisions... will wait and see what happens but thanks

I'd have another look in the morning - doesn't look too bad from the pics, I assume it his a post - the bumpers taken most ofthe force so it may be just new panel, bumper and spoiler... £1200's worth maybe but could be done much cheaper using second hand bits.

Yeah it was dark when Kip went down to fetch it. He said there was quite a few curtains twitching.... neighbours wont understand this, they think I love my cars... :cuckoo:

I'm cutting the rear quarters out for someone else, won't take long to whip the rear panel off for you.

Mind you, you could buy that nugget I mentioned the other day....

Damn! That's really really crap Judith :( hope you can get it fixed up and hope the damage isn't as bad as it looks :(

Gah, what a nightmare :( - I very narrowly missed a terrible accident in this way with one of my 8v's, if it hadn't have been caught by another car it would have ended up rolling off a huge cliff onto a crowded beach/restaurant which could have been catastrophic

It's one of those things that will only happen to you once, you'll not forget to leave your car in gear again!

I have to admit though, I did smirk a bit at the story (i.e you being caught out in your burlesque gear :oops: )

Cheers Walesy.

I feel a little bit better every time someone tells me that they have also done it. Heard a few others experiences last night. What's really annoying is that someone posts up about doing this quite often but all it takes is a momentary distraction, lack of attention and there you go..... AND I had 2 hours to get round to moving the car onto the drive but didn't. Too lazy :nono:

Mine could of been worse if neighbours cars were parked on the road or their children sat out on the pavement as they do :shock:

Ahh thats not good to hear Judith! I hope you can get it sorted out, would be a shame to waste a car with such shiny paint :wink: :lol:

Only on the Corrado forum can you find discussions about driving off cliffs into restaurants and prancing around a stage doing slapstick strip shows..... :cuckoo:

I've taken it to a car repair place for a quote on the insurance today.

The guy looked at it from the entrance doorway and agreed that it would be a write off..... but fair dues he had a closer look and said how tidy the car was and what a shame... (must have been the shiney paint Rob :wink: )

When speaking to Highway in the morning they said if it was a write off they would trailer it away for an assesor to confirm and give a value and I must have said something right (the last 24 hours is a bit of a blur and I don't realy know what I am doing one minute to the next..... ) as they then said if I was wanting to buy it back and do a private repair they could send an assesor to my home... Phew... I don't want it to go out of sight, even though it's not very nice to look at.

Had a power cut this evening so disappeared to McDonalds for a comfort food burger and large fries. I would have had a McFlurry too but the airconditioning made the place freezing so they lost out on another sale.

Only on the Corrado forum can you find discussions about driving off cliffs into restaurants and prancing around a stage doing slapstick strip shows..... :cuckoo:

Lol! Quality post Kev :lol:

Here's another one of those 'I did it too' replies.. My car managed to write off a pug 306 whilst only sustaining a small crease in the rear bumper but my insurance insist the cost of the damage to the 306 was nearly £1700 (about £1690 more than it was worth). If karma really rules the world i expect to see a rise in the number of spontaneous human combustion cases.

Bugger! Sorry to hear it too...

I also did this with my pride and joy mk1 golf only it went head first into a lamp post! Not a nice feeling when it happens thats for sure :?