KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

Balls I'll resend, let me know if you don't get anything.

Either way check your PayPal.

Edited by Abdul

looking good mate! out of interest what spacers did you need on the fronts??

12mm ones mate, and god they are close

---------- Post added at 1:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:05 PM ----------

Lovely mate! Been thinking of getting some more RXs myself!

yeh do it, such a nice wheel of a corrado

---------- Post added at 1:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:05 PM ----------

Wheels do look sweet,

Really suit the car,

cheers mate

well today i finally fitted my polished rocker cover and manifold, all went well apart from the following.

1, i left a screw driver under the manifold resting on the injector wiring, so had to take the manifold off to get it out.

2, all four bolts holding the throttle body on were rounded off, nightmare getting them off.

3, the draft 42 throttle pipework will not allow the standard airbox to sit correctly so gotta have another look at that tomorrow.

but it does look much cleaner under the bonnet, i have a mk4 expansion tank and a new screen wash bottle on order so that will help with the appearance under the bonnet.

2012-03-23173337.jpg

the photo does not do the manifold any justice, its much shinier in the flesh.

karl

Edited by KADVR6

very nice, cant beat a polished engine bay. Is the manifold lacquered as well or just polished?

very nice, cant beat a polished engine bay. Is the manifold lacquered as well or just polished?

i have used some gtechnic C5 as other people have used it with great results on polished metals,

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Looks great mate did you polish the tensioner aswell

i have one that i'm doing at the moment so that will be fitted when i get a chance

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Looks good mate, and even better in the flesh.

cheers Vinny

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Shades out :)

haha your not kidding there, after 9 years of having vr6 corrado's its the first time i have blinged up the engine bay, looks nice though.

Good work but really not a fan of chrome or polish anymore unless its on a hotrod, too high maintenance and always needs to look perfect along with every aspect of the bay can't beat understated looks of stock influenced style

BALLS BALLS BALLS, my engine has been using looooooads of oil recently so done a compression test and that all come back great, its smoking on start up lots and stops after a few minutes, with no smoke after that even when booting it, so stem seals/guides need doing, which i not happy about as the engine was supposidly re-built when i bought it??

but aftera call to VEGE direct i have a new cylinder head coming my way.

"so stem seals/guides need doing, which i not happy about as the engine was supposidly re-built when i bought it??"

Always the risk you run when buying used parts, I always try to buy new or from sources I trust 100%.

A pal of mine is looking to do this job soon too Karl (stem seals) he's looking at some tool that enebles you to do it without removing the head though as per bentley manual.

Do you need to change the head or is it just easier than fitting new seals?

His plugs get oiled up really quickly, ie only a couple of days.

Edited by KIPVW

A pal of mine is looking to do this job soon too Karl (stem seals) he's looking at some tool that enebles you to do it without removing the head though as per bentley manual.

Do you need to change the head or is it just easier than fitting new seals?

His plugs get oiled up really quickly, ie only a couple of days.

well you can do the stem seals with the head still on, but after finding out the stem seals are shot, i did not want to start doing it to find out the guides/vlaves etc etc needed doing also, so i think paying VEGE £217 for a complete new head is a good purchase.

is this the tool your talking about Paul http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11pc-Valve-Stem-Seal-Tool-Set-NEW-/190661878320?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2c64556230

No Mate it sounds like something that uses air to compress the valves to enable you to replace the sten seals. I think it was done by the guys at frost auto restoration.

Seems like good value for the head though mate.