20vturbo

corrado 20v turbo, finally finished

right i've been ignoring cars for a few weeks and have missed quite a bit - but having read this and followed it for a while i am really pleased to see it go to paint.

really happy for you dude, hope all your hard work is worthwhile and you stand awestruck looking at your new colour :D

i was at the body shop today and the car is finished so ill be picking it up tonight, while i was there i got some pics but the car is filthy so later on ill give it a wash and get some better ones.

i would like to give frank burns auto body repair in oranmore co. galway a big thanks for the excellent job and first class service. i couldnt recommend him highly enough.

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

blimey, look forward to further progression......think you got most of the forum keeping an eye on this mate :wave:

Looks like one hell of a tasty colour! :luvlove:

One question, how the hell have you afforded all this aged only 16?!

Looking forward to seeing more updates soon... 8)

great work. Looking amazing in thats colour. :clap:

Hmmm. Wonder what odds a booky would give me for this car being featured in PVW once its finished.

great work. Looking amazing in thats colour. :clap:

Hmmm. Wonder what odds a booky would give me for this car being featured in PVW once its finished.

well unless they come looking for me i doubt it will happen but if they want to feature it i would be more than happy

its not coming home today, im leaving it with them and im going up on thursday to give them a hand sanding and buffing, they want to do it before the paint gets too hard.

I preferred the white look better tbh.

I can see where they missed the stonechip as well..... :lol:

I preferred the white look better tbh.

I can see where they missed the stonechip as well..... :lol:

:lol: did some one paint it white when i wasnt looking because i dont remember that :lol:

With the right wheels this is going to look sick! 8)

what do you guys think would be a nice wheel. i need at least 400mm across the inside to clear my brakes

One question, how the hell have you afforded all this aged only 16?!

he's winding us up :lol:

looks brilliant btw :notworthy:

With the right wheels this is going to look sick! 8)

what do you guys think would be a nice wheel. i need at least 400mm across the inside to clear my brakes

Well there is no doubt that it would look stunning on some BBS RS (gold centres?)

Be nice to have something properly different and original though, how about these :norty:

i like bbs rs but they wont clear my brakes :(

i need a 17" wheel with alot of clearance, something like compomotive mo's

as for me being 16 i dont know how i could prove it to you

you said take a pic with me working on it but i could just get some random 16 year old for the pic so ye are just going to have to take my word for it.

We need a pic of you with todays paper showing the date, with your passport open showing date of birth with the picture with a sign made on blank paper with your username written on it all shot in the mirror. :lol:

We need a pic of you with todays paper showing the date, with your passport open showing date of birth with the picture with a sign made on blank paper with your username written on it all shot in the mirror. :lol:

ha ha ha, cheeky monkey

i might get one of the body shop guys to take a pic of me wet sanding the car

Yea more like the apprentice they have :lol: who just left school, thats all they do wet sand. Trust me i did it.

if you knew me you would know that an unexperienced apprentice would ever be let within 10 feet of my car let alone work on it so you can be fairly sure its me in the pic :smug:

if you knew me you would know that an unexperienced apprentice would ever be let within 10 feet of my car let alone work on it so you can be fairly sure its me in the pic :smug:

The voice of experience

This buildthread makes me smile everytime i read it. The colour looks fantastic cant wait to see it finished. Keep up the great work and keep the posts coming!!

just did these today for my brother, they used to be red

i was thinking of doing the same thing to my front and rear calipers, would show off my four pots on the rear and the front. opinions?

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

started sanding and compounding today

started with the orbital sander and 1500 grit. then we used 3m trizact 3000 with the orbital sander to finish it off.

then theres a 5 stage compounding and polishing process.

today we got the whole car sanded and the bonnet and roof compounded with 3m green fast cut

should have it all done tomorrow

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

theres not a bad shine considering its only the fast cut compound

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

this ones for the people who dont think im 16

IMG_1837.jpg