Sign in to follow this  
ryan_16v

JUST HEARD SOME VERY SAD NEWS

that is heart breaking, but they say things happen for a reason, and things will change! you may just find yourself another really nice c, look on the bright side, your here to tell the story.keep your chin up.! easier said than done though.

Kel, sorry to hear this and as others have said that clip is really terrible viewing - like something you watch in films. Again, the main thing is you're OK and there are always plenty more cars available for you to work your magic on.

Gutted for you mate, hope everything with he insurance works out ok and you can get on with buying another one. :(

Is there anyway to prevent this light switch failure from taking place then?

Fuses?

Yep - 3amp fuse on the earth wire...

This is why I bang on about always buying new switches rather than second hand, late switches last about 5 years max.

Mine is still on the 16 year old original, I have repaired it at least 10 times though. I'm quite confident of the fuses doing their job if necessary.

Just read the news. That's really sad to hear. But as many have already said the most important thing is that you managed to pull it over and get out in one piece.

i will post some pics later :(

just found out i had £100 cover for personal items in the car :( laptop canon 350 d tripod halfords 150 pcs tools my bloody bmw key and other stuff

gone up in smoke as they say :( :( :(

Very sad news indeed. :( When my laptop and camera were stolen from my car my home insurance covered then and it was only a simple policy so worth a try.

I've had two dash smokin brown trousers moments, one in an old mini from incorrectly installed fuel lines melting through on the manifold - that could have been nasty. The second was in my current Corrado, fortunately it was the factory fit sony head unit that failed and began to smoke badly so I pulled over (with its occupants leaving the car before I stopped!) and took the keys out which, killed its power, I just removed the headunit before continuing.

Hope you're looked after and can get another nice motor.

That's sad news. Glad to hear that you are ok. Cars are replacable. Good luck with getting things sorted.

Hi. A bit late on picking up on this but just wanted to pass on my best wishes in getting over this, your car was an inspiration to me and I suspect many others. I hope you can jump back up in the saddle again soon. :) Best wishes. Vince.

gutted :cry: dunno what i'd do, spent so time and effort with it :cry:

bad news bud, but as others have said its just metal..

On monday I had to go to the funeral of a friend who was crushed by a bin lorry, i'd happily torch my car a million times over to have her back..

Bad Times Mate!

Hope the insurance Coughs a decent amount for you, Just glad you got out OK and are not hurt! I know if it happened to me I'd be devastated!

Onwards and upwards as they say and I'm sure you'll find one even better than your last 8)

Just wanted to echo everyone elses thoughts really. That video clip especially brings home how heartbreaking it would be. Litte consolation but there's now a ire extinguisher in my passenger undertray, so at least some good may come from it.

Good luck with the insurance company too.

Andy

Bad news indeed :-( keep us posted on the insurance front though, remember a lot of business gets put their way from here and although we all dread having to make a claim its good to get real world examples of their service when it counts so to speak... Fingers crossed for you mate!

just thought i would inform peps on here of the progress of my claim via chris knot insurance via LV via highway :(

well they came back after a couple of weeks and offered me by way of a cheque in the post mind of £2100 minus £250 excess

so £1850 !!

i called em and explained that i was not best pleased (and if you know me you will know how i may have done that )

so they asked me for adverts and proof that my car may be worth more so i sent in the relevent information got a call back 2 weeks later to say the

acessor thinks the car to be worth £3000 now i then went on to explain that if i insure the car for £4000 thats for a reason cause thats how much i want it insured for and explained to the lady the error of her and her companies ways she then asked me to send in pics of the car so i have done that and now i wait for i guess the final offer

and just so you all know i have a few item that i need to sell to fund a new project so keep an aya open in the for sale section very soon

263's, gruven rad neck , new vr6 rad, new vr6 rad fan housing , moon roof and gaskets and stuff :D

I think everyone hates insurance companies, but best advice is to do exactly what you're doing and fight your corner until you get something you're happy with.

Best of luck! :salute:

Oh and if that new VR6 rad is a genuine one then put my name on it.... just to help your project obviously... :wink:

Glad its getting sorted quickly, insurance companies annoy the hell out of me, why on earth they try and argue with their own policy is beyond me. To any normal person "i insured it for £4000" means i want £4000 back, i wonder if when quoted for the insurance of say £800, it would be alright to give them £300?

and no doubt i will miss the 263's yet again when you post them up!

I'm insured through LV/Highway with flux, and they were okay with me, I'm only insured tpft so my claim from my focus is being dealt with by lawyers. Still up the swanny and the accident happened at the end of december!

I hope they up their offer again mate, and that you get rolling again soon!