dukest

The Tyre Discussion Thread - please read 1st post

Michelin ps3 @ £82.00, conti cpc2 @ £70.00, Dunlop sp maxx @ £66.00, goodyear f1 @ £ 65.00, Pirelli p zero nero @ £ 63.00 , hankook ventus @ £60.00, Uniroyal rsp3 @ £52.00

all the above prices inc vat and courier charge

all I ask is a fiver per tyre forum donation

Mr L are these prices still valid?

Also what price can you get on some 225/45R17 Michelin Crossclimate?

prices on the 205/45 x16 still stands

225/45x17 Michelin cross climates @ £85.00 each inc vat and courier

255/30x19 Michelin supersport @ £182.00 each inc vat and courier ( probably out on this one as Michelin have no stock , so have had to price from a tyre broker )

don't forget the fiver per tyre forum donation, thanks for enquiry

I got my 1989 G60 a couple of months ago and it came with adrenalins r002,W, 2014 front, 2013 rear. I already had an almost new set of Michelin ps3 and was to put them on. However, I was so amazed with the performance of the r002, although a bit worn on the outside probably due to wrong previous alignment that I have postponed the fitting of the ps3 till now. Still I'm reluctant to do the swap as I don't know if the ps3 will perform as well. Before driving the r002's I was more than sure that the ps3 would be the best choice for my G60 but now I'm just not that sure anymore. The clear advantage of my Michelins is that they are almost new.

I got my 1989 G60 a couple of months ago and it came with adrenalins r002,W, 2014 front, 2013 rear. I already had an almost new set of Michelin ps3 and was to put them on. However, I was so amazed with the performance of the r002, although a bit worn on the outside probably due to wrong previous alignment that I have postponed the fitting of the ps3 till now. Still I'm reluctant to do the swap as I don't know if the ps3 will perform as well. Before driving the r002's I was more than sure that the ps3 would be the best choice for my G60 but now I'm just not that sure anymore. The clear advantage of my Michelins is that they are almost new.

i suppose it would save you 150 notes for some new bridgestones if you used the Michelins but then if they are that new they could be sold on ebay maybe to recoup some money

my VR had Michelin exalto's (i think) on it when i brought it but i only run RE002's now. from memory they were pretty good in the dry but definitely not as good as the RE002's in the wet. their performance seemed to drop a little as they wore down & the wear rate was faster than the bridgestone. i got nearly 16K out of the RE002's ive just taken off the front

Just for the fun of it I will put on the ps3 next week so that I can have first hand a comparison test of my own. I will not dispose the r002's so that in case the ps3's are not to my liking I will do the swap again probably with a new pair up front. I will let you know of the outcome when done.

Just for the fun of it I will put on the ps3 next week so that I can have first hand a comparison test of my own. I will not dispose the r002's so that in case the ps3's are not to my liking I will do the swap again probably with a new pair up front. I will let you know of the outcome when done.

sounds good

be excellent to get someone else's direct comparison & thoughts :)

Im due a change of tyres

Got conti premium contact 2s atm. But torn between going for the same again or go for the uniroyal rainsports or bridgestone re002s whats peeps opinions?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Your car is a daily ? You live in the north of England where it rains quite a lot Rainsport's you will be very surprised how good a tyre they are. I only got them on recommendation from Mr Lobitos glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your car is a daily ? You live in the north of England where it rains quite a lot Rainsport's you will be very surprised how good a tyre they are. I only got them on recommendation from Mr Lobitos glad I did.

Yeah daily and from manchester area

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I did the swap with the ps3. Although cannot complain about them as yet I feel that the R002's were a better grip and feel allaround. Only downside they wear more. Ps3 are quiter but they are also almost new compared to the R002s. Overall I think that the R002 Bridgestone is a very good tyre and would recommend and buy it again.

Just looking to buy some new rubber for my daily rims.

205/40/17

Mainly spirited driving, weekends and dry/sunny days only.

After reading all this thread, looks like I should be ordering the Bridgestone RE002s?

Can't believe they are performing better than the big name brands...?

Before reading this thread, I was thinking Toyo Proxes T1-R or Yoko Prada Spec,As they have medium priced and got good ratings.

Or Conti/Michelin...

But looks like Bridgestone is the winner?

Unless someone can change my mind, I'll be ordering the Bridgestone!

Thanks Guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just looking to buy some new rubber for my daily rims.

205/40/17

Mainly spirited driving, weekends and dry/sunny days only.

After reading all this thread, looks like I should be ordering the Bridgestone RE002s?

Can't believe they are performing better than the big name brands...?

Before reading this thread, I was thinking Toyo Proxes T1-R or Yoko Prada Spec,As they have medium priced and got good ratings.

Or Conti/Michelin...

But looks like Bridgestone is the winner?

Unless someone can change my mind, I'll be ordering the Bridgestone!

Thanks Guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoko Prada's are awesome mate! soft, so ware fast, but for what use you said, spot on! Also i rate T1-R's! Good tyres.

Bridgestones are superb .... especially for the price .... but good around wet and dry

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've just purchased 4 x DunlopSportMaxx RT2 in 205/40/17 for Meld from Formula1 centre in Swindon and I have to say they feel a damn good tyre. Feel soft so the fronts might wear quite quickly on the VR but as it's the occasional driver they should last a few years.

Prada's look good, do they perform as good as the premium brands?

Bridgestone getting the most votes so far?

Parada spec twos are very good

Not sure in the wet as iv not pushed the car in the damp but in the dry there impressive , i cant get mine to lose grip without really pushing hard

In the wet they are fine but maybe not as good as some. In the dry they are fantastic! Perfect for my needs and they are cheap!!

The wet is when you can really tell the difference between tyres. The differences in the dry are much less pronounced.

In the wet they are fine but maybe not as good as some. In the dry they are fantastic! Perfect for my needs and they are cheap!!

Even with your turbo'D Rado?

I've had all those tyres bar the Bridgestones. Just put a new set of Toyo Proxes on and very very impressed, amazing in dry, even better than remembered, best I've had, OK in wet, steer clear of the Conti's be my advice, Dunlop Sportracs pretty good, can't offer an opinion on the Bridgestones. Additionally on my last set of Toyo's got a "flat" one day and tyre did#nt deform 1 mm, sidewalls on them or so stiff happily holdsd wait of a Corrado, was front too from memory, and it's a VR6, changed it but sure could have happily drove home if had to.

Hi all what are people running in 17 inch tyres looking for 215 45

Will be on verity so not everyday use

Depends on width of tyre Chris, but 40 profile should be used to keep the rolling radius as close to stock as possible. Which will keep your speedo more accurate.