Jim

[Event] Stealth Racing RR Day - November 27th, 2011 -- PAYMENT

Hi Wendy - really appreciate you taking this on! You don't need to bankroll this though - I'm happy to cover costs, etc so you're not out of pocket and hopefully I can recover costs for the food. Sausages and burgers sound grand.... :)

Also thought it would be a good idea to only run the BBQ for a few hours.... say from 10am through till say midday that way you're not stuck behind it all day and can get out and mingle and stuff - same for Fay who has very kindly volunteered to help :)

Should be able to bring another table (the infamous NEC Classic Car Show garden table) and the club gazebo. Must testfit into car :lol:

Tempest

We can organise logistics of that stuff nearer the time, Eric. I can come over to yours the day before and pick up stuff to carry in the Corrado, etc..

The weekend is free of family stuff so far, so please stick me down as a runner, Jim. I really hope I am able to make it. Will be good to catch up with loads of friends...

Well done for organising this, Jim. And well done to Wendy and Fay in advance for the BBQ efforts.

Charlie

Sounds great! I will most likely b there, would like to see what mine is pushing?

Running any car, Chris or just watching? Only need to know if people are rollering so I can stick em on the list. And of course boost monkey.. the more the merrier!

Sorry, will come down in the Corrado but will just be watching. Have you got many coming?

Jim put me down as a possible runner will know more in a couple of weeks time

Wow, this is turning out to be an awesome turnout. One thing I have been thinking about recently is getting someone to help find that odd squeek and rattle in the cablin. I am sure you have all been driving about and "that" annoying squeek comes up. Problem is you cant figure out where the hell it comes from as you need to really be in the back seat (they all come from the back in my car!). Soo... can we organise a "de-squeeking" squad for when we are all at Stealth - people can jump in the back of the car and identify where the damn noises are coming from as the car is being driven?

May also help pass some time as everyone waits their turn for the rollers!

Hi Jim... Put me down for the rollers. Ill bring a mk4 golf aswell with the corrado if thats ok?

Going from heatrhow airport if anyone wants to convey.

Tempted. But it's a friends birthday that weekend so not sure at this point. Looks like a good turnout though.

Are there still spaces or is it now full?

Thanks. List updated :) Nearly 30 runners now.. a good amount!

Is there a ride height restriction? Mines not that low, but i've heard of peoples cars being to low to run!! I'd be interested in running mine.

Jim, I'm running quite low but hopefully I can raise it up again if the coil overs dont cause me too much grief. What is (as GTI.Si asks) the minimum ride height and where should it be measured from (sump, wishbones, subframe ...)?

Is it possible to turn up on the day and pay up if necessary as I'll be double booked that day so cant be a certain participant.

I'm afraid I don't know actual clearance required.. in my experience it's only ever been the lowest of G60's which have had problems. Never seen a VR struggle to get rollered even if it's very low! Certainly if your car is on 16's / 17's you'll definitely have no problem..

Wow, this is turning out to be an awesome turnout. One thing I have been thinking about recently is getting someone to help find that odd squeek and rattle in the cablin. I am sure you have all been driving about and "that" annoying squeek comes up. Problem is you cant figure out where the hell it comes from as you need to really be in the back seat (they all come from the back in my car!). Soo... can we organise a "de-squeeking" squad for when we are all at Stealth - people can jump in the back of the car and identify where the damn noises are coming from as the car is being driven?

May also help pass some time as everyone waits their turn for the rollers!

Good idea - I am up for this.

Sod it i was deciding weather to come to this as its bloody miles away but noticed my name is already on the list so ill attend this and ill have a run on the rollers aswell just out of curiosity

Anyone else doing a long drive to attend this or are you all local ish

it'll be good mate. plenty of rados and a chance to meet everyone.

I'll be getting in touch to sort out payment for this in a week or so folks :)

Can I come off the definite runners list please mate as I don't think I'll have time to map it properly for then.... I'll will defo come up in a vehicle of some sort though. Might bring the Polo and see what that's pushing out!